Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Kiva the wanderer
Ghadis_God
Rynn
7 posters

My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog. Empty My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog.

Post by Rynn Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 am

This is my current forest hunter
    Here is my current opinion on Dark Magics.
    Dark Bead is very overpowered, it casts faster the crystal soul mass, does more damage, has a better ability to hit, and get's more casts. It's a ridiculous spell that needs a nerf or it will continue to dominate PvP.

Dark Orb is worthless, it does less damage then Great Heavy Soul Arrow, but it has no tracking and takes more frames to cast. Botched idea, and totally worthless spell.

Pursuers is one of those spells that is completely worthless to anyone that understands how it works, but will catch virtually anyone else off guard and wind up killing them for their ignorance. It does 1900 damage in total to most players, but generally the only way it can hit is if the other player whacks you with another spell or any action that stuns you. I'm satisfied with calling this spell balanced and fair. It's just an upgrade from Crystal Homing Soulmass.

Dark Fog, or whatever it's called, is worthless. The pyromancy versions are infinitely better.

The fog ring is overpowered against sorcery. It removes all tracking properties from homing soul mass, or soul arrows, and it drastically reduces the proc distance of Pursuers, and massively curves their tracking power, so that they fail to make a second pass. Because of how it acts against sorcerers, it becomes easy to bully them by just staying in their face, since soul mass and pursuers often never activate.

That is all.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog. Empty Re: My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog.

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 am

I agree about Pursuers, it seemed OP at first when no one knew how best to dodge it. With a bit of practice though, it's easy as pie with fast roll, and a bit of a tricky timing with mid roll but still doable.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog. Empty Re: My current forest hunter; and my opinions on Dark Magic and the Ring of Fog.

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 am

BBBut my dark fog, dark orb fightijng styles...;-;
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 am

Damn, that Gough's Greatbow is heavy! silly
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 pm

I can dodge pursuers unless it is lagged (even though nothing else in the fight is), or even better: completely invisible and/or seemingly heading in the opposite direction from where it actually explodes. Unfortunately, at least in my games all these things are common.

DB is just nuts, I've even had it kill me during the supposed invicibility frames when I was backstabbing someone, which I previously thought impossible. DB spamming mages who are themselves wearing the fog ring are my new arch nemesis, you can't target them with most ranged items or spells to interrupt their casts, and advancing into melee range means you get to eat laggy DBs to your heart's content. Having my huge armored greatsword behemoth spend 10 minutes running away from a tiny little mage in a pair of sweatpants and a funny hat reminds me of old Tom and Jerry cartoons.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:56 pm

befowler wrote:I can dodge pursuers unless it is lagged (even though nothing else in the fight is), or even better: completely invisible and/or seemingly heading in the opposite direction from where it actually explodes. Unfortunately, at least in my games all these things are common.

DB is just nuts, I've even had it kill me during the supposed invicibility frames when I was backstabbing someone, which I previously thought impossible. DB spamming mages who are themselves wearing the fog ring are my new arch nemesis, you can't target them with most ranged items or spells to interrupt their casts, and advancing into melee range means you get to eat laggy DBs to your heart's content. Having my huge armored greatsword behemoth spend 10 minutes running away from a tiny little mage in a pair of sweatpants and a funny hat reminds me of old Tom and Jerry cartoons.

LMAO! you had me cracking up dude. I guess since I run mostly faith builds for PvP Dark Magic is nothing to me if anything is the big tanks I worry about lol, a faith build will wreak any mage.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm

I disagree about dark fog, it's amazing the amount of players who walk right into the AOE thinking its a regular spell. I use it more as a distraction spell however so the potential to inflict higher toxic is just a plus.

I have yet to be OHKO'd by pursuers however dark bead makes me wish spells could be parried, like if you could just parry the cast animation. I don't know what they were thinking with dark orb, I suppose they decided not every dark sorcery could be the new strongest spell and made it a lower level bread and butter spell then decided to give the real version to the Oolacile residents. Seriously it's not even the same spell it's so powerful
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Espada Muerta wrote:
    befowler wrote:I can dodge pursuers unless it is lagged (even though nothing else in the fight is), or even better: completely invisible and/or seemingly heading in the opposite direction from where it actually explodes. Unfortunately, at least in my games all these things are common.

LMAO! you had me cracking up dude. I guess since I run mostly faith builds for PvP Dark Magic is nothing to me if anything is the big tanks I worry about lol, a faith build will wreak any mage.

I'm almost certain I've met you before.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 am

AzureCrow wrote:I don't know what they were thinking with dark orb, I suppose they decided not every dark sorcery could be the new strongest spell and made it a lower level bread and butter spell then decided to give the real version to the Oolacile residents. Seriously it's not even the same spell it's so powerful
    Contrary to my earlier post in this thread, my opinion on Dark Orb has since changed.
    I was messing around with it today and was spamming it at people... and this thing hits HARD. It stuns up to 120 poise, does 450 damage, and can knock havels greatshield aside in just 3 casts. It also travels really fast and has a hitbox the size of a barn, so unless the person rolls, it's not dodge-able.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:42 am