Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Abyss Walker Build

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Abyss Walker Build Empty Abyss Walker Build

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

this is a work in progress but i thought i'd share what i had in mind for this build and see wha'ch'all had to say.

currently i'm at level 41. i started as thief (doesn't matter what class you start with, there are no wasted levels when making this build) and currently my stats are 18/11/18/24/18/10/12/11). Sif is already dead, i've opened up the lower level of the Londo Ruins and i'm about to take on the big bad Quelaag with a black knight halberd.

eventually this is where i plan to end up … http://mmdks.com/co8
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Abyss Walker Build Empty Re: Abyss Walker Build

Post by AzureCrow Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Perhaps take a few points out of vit to buff attunement so you can get more out of your faith and int. you could easily swap in a catalyst for the bow on the fly for a dark bead or tranquil walk out of nowhere.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:36 pm

one more spell slot certainly couldn't hurt. i've not had much success with TWoP in pvp and when it's used on me i just stand in place and dead angle the inevitable backstab fisher (works most of the time). force might be useful as a quick defense when fighting multiple opponents, i've used the dragon roar in a similar way so i'm already used to using it that way. on a side note, does force have any scaling properties at all i wonder? heal is another option … any others?
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Force does no damage so no, it may have a cast increase from dex but that's only at 40+. I'd suggest great heal excerpt since one larger heal should be more useful and maybe emit force for some damage.

My thoughts on TWOP are solely to set up your abyss 2h heavy. You'll have enough poise that if you cast it from distance then run or light roll up you can tank while they're forced to take your spinning slam.

Also If you use spells stick to the Thorolund Talisman ans the Oolacile ivory talisman as they'll give you the highest adjust for your level.

You could also use the dlc Oolacile catalyst as it's the same adjust but with poison melee attacks but it is an extremely rare drop and heavier so you would need another 2 end to keep the dark hand which might not be worth it for your build.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:46 am