Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

How is this Abyss Greatsword Build?

SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

How is this Abyss Greatsword Build? Empty How is this Abyss Greatsword Build?

Post by SeriousDogg Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:18 am

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=170111051617165487

I know I can put far better armor, but the Chester's Set is too Epic.

I need to change something in this build? if I need tell me what please, and what is your opinion?

Last edited by SeriousDogg on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How is this Abyss Greatsword Build? Empty Re: How is this Abyss Greatsword Build?

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:20 am

The abyss gs is my favorite swords in the game as of right now. 40 dex would be better and you probably don't need all those att slots. My 125 Abyss Gs build only has 2 slots. Once you play with it for a while, you're gonna realize it would be so much better at a higher level. I also have a level 150 Abyss Gs build i rarely ever lose with. Hands down my favorite build right now. Whenever i get on my Ps3 i'll make a mugen of it.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

How is this Abyss Greatsword Build? Empty Re: How is this Abyss Greatsword Build?

Post by SeriousDogg Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 am

TooLeet wrote:The abyss gs is my favorite swords in the game as of right now. 40 dex would be better and you probably don't need all those att slots. My 125 Abyss Gs build only has 2 slots. Once you play with it for a while, you're gonna realize it would be so much better at a higher level. I also have a level 150 Abyss Gs build i rarely ever lose with. Hands down my favorite build right now. Whenever i get on my Ps3 i'll make a mugen of it.
    I want those slots, can I just go with 32 VIT or 40 is essential?
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 am

I tried to do something very similar to this once, but as TooLeet mentioned, it really does shine at higher levels than the 120PvP normall cutoff point. It seems like something important (Equipload, HP, or poise, damage protection)is always being sacrificed to wield it at 120 range builds.

With the INT and FTH points being used, I would suggest using emit force or dark bead or something so those points arent JUST to wield the sword. It seems wasteful to only use Pyro if youve leveled up magic so much
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:14 pm

SeriousDogg wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:The abyss gs is my favorite swords in the game as of right now. 40 dex would be better and you probably don't need all those att slots. My 125 Abyss Gs build only has 2 slots. Once you play with it for a while, you're gonna realize it would be so much better at a higher level. I also have a level 150 Abyss Gs build i rarely ever lose with. Hands down my favorite build right now. Whenever i get on my Ps3 i'll make a mugen of it.

I want those slots, can I just go with 32 VIT or 40 is essential?

You can get away with it i guess but that's a sacrifice you're not gonna enjoy. You won't have much health left after a back stab. Depending on what they're using you might get one shotted.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Here's my SL200 Abyss GS build. Now keep in mind with all that endurance you can use pretty much any armor you want. I can have well over 78 poise but this armor setup looks awesome. And the one handed AR is 561 with those stats. I don't know why on the mugen it says 464 because i'm looking at the AR on my Ps3 right now. Anyways, if you really want a Abyss GS build, this will tickle your fancy. I rarely lose with it.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=155731689482688950

You can also change the RoFaP for a hornet ring, or DWGR and still have 56 poise with a different armor setup. I only use a hornet ring when i'm in a bad mood or facing gank squads.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Here.

Minmaxed armor, with that intelligence dark bead is the way to go. I assume you wished for pyromancy with this bulid, so I gave you black flame, which is more practical. Upped the dex a bit, and kept health the same, since you will be using PW and need the health, as well as the fact that you will be using a greatsword and thus people will like to poke your health away. The sage robe is so that people think you have less poise then you actually do. Miracles aren't too great at that level, at least not the especially powerful ones. And Dark hand I assume was there just for the lulz, so it was replaced with the ivory catalyst and flame.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Doesn't even have 56 poise. I'd rather take the catalyst off and change up the armor for 56 poise. I hate using dark magic. Looks like a try hard build. Changing the GCS for the target shield will save you more weight for more poise. You can up the Dex to 40 and add another point for end to help with the endurance. Not having maxed out endurance is a pain especially if you're gonna be using the R2's. You'll most likely deplete your whole stamina bar in one R2 without 40 end. I'd rather not. That's why this sword is better at higher levels.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 pm

TooLeet wrote:Doesn't even have 56 poise. I'd rather take the catalyst off and change up the armor for 56 poise. I hate using dark magic. Looks like a try hard build. Changing the GCS for the target shield will save you more weight for more poise. You can up the Dex to 40 and add another point for end to help with the endurance. Not having maxed out endurance is a pain especially if you're gonna be using the R2's. You'll most likely deplete your whole stamina bar in one R2 without 40 end. I'd rather not. That's why this sword is better at higher levels.
    Only need 53 poise to protect from a two-hand greatsword swing, 56 for a running greatsword swing, and with fast roll he should be able to dodge those. With the crest shield he doesn't need the endurance, he will regenerate it faster then his opponent and keep on the offensive. And with Dark Magic it can be helpful in ganking attempts, where you can surprise the gankers by whipping this out at point black range and killing one of their phantoms really quick. And at higher levels, it is recommended to use the Greatsword of Artorias. The abyss Greatsword is the version of the sword for lower levels.

Also, really, tryhard? You are using the term tryhard? Ugh. Look Skyward
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah, there's a reason people use the phrase "try hard." Dark magic is worthless. All it does is leave you open for a roll bs/bs. After a couple swings of the sword he's gonna run out of endurance and his poise is gonna break. He's gonna whip out the black magic in an attempt to do some last minute damage (which ALWAYS happens, it's like clockwork) just to get BS'd or stunlocked. A sword with a stat requirement of 22/18/18/18 is CLEARLY a sword meant for higher levels. That's just how it is. You sacrifice too much trying to meet those requirements. That build would get womped on. He might as well do a claymore build and it be way more useful than a build with 53 poise, 36 end, and black magic.  He would be better off being at Sl150. There's still plenty of PVP action at that level and the build would be WAY better put together.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Btw, the GS of Artorious with 40 dex and 40 str only has 1 more AR than the abyss greatsword but the Abyss greatsword only need 18 dex and 18 faith. Plus the GS of Artorious does split damage. Screw pouring 4 more points for a sword that does split damage and only 1 more point in damage. LOL
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:55 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Here.

Minmaxed armor, with that intelligence dark bead is the way to go. I assume you wished for pyromancy with this bulid, so I gave you black flame, which is more practical. Upped the dex a bit, and kept health the same, since you will be using PW and need the health, as well as the fact that you will be using a greatsword and thus people will like to poke your health away. The sage robe is so that people think you have less poise then you actually do. Miracles aren't too great at that level, at least not the especially powerful ones. And Dark hand I assume was there just for the lulz, so it was replaced with the ivory catalyst and flame.

Thats actually pretty nice, and I do that deceiving technique with the sage robe alll the time with the hswc or other armors with non-obvious footwear, but not with the Wolf Ring glowing its *** off

I just dont have the confidence in my PvP skills for the low physical protection, I would probably be killed trading hits trying the 1hr2 or something like that. But thats just me
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm

TooLeet wrote:.... I hate using dark magic. Looks like a try hard build...

Lol.
    TooLeet wrote:......Yeah, there's a reason people use the phrase "try hard." Dark magic is worthless. All it does is leave you open for a roll bs/bs......

LOL
    TooLeet wrote:....... That's just how it is.....

LOLOLOLO!!!!

Wow!!! surprised

You couldn't be more wrong.  

Animaaal wrote:...aaaand that's how it is cool
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 pm

I don't know what to say to "lol LOL LOLOLOLLOLOL." Imo dark magic sucks. I rarely lose to anyone using dark magic. From that stand point, i have no reason to think otherwise. Everything i said was an opinion. Why are quoting everything and LOLing at it. How bout you explain how i'm wrong? Prostration
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 pm

You said  dark magic is worthless.

It is far from worthless.  If you make a statement like that, you should know how to back it up.

For instance:

Pursuers:  It makes your opponent move.  Regardless if it hits or not,
    your opponent will move, they almost have to.  Combine that with a couple other tricks, and you have something that lets you control the tempo.

Dark Bead:  Aside from the ridiculous damage it can do at low levels, its poise breaking ability is matched by few castings.  It is also excellent at punishing bs fishers via lock off casting.  I can't tell you how many times someone got sick of my spear/rapier poking, went in for a bs, and ate a DB to the face.  It is also an excellent spell for runners.  Not only is it fast enough to catch them, but it spreads wide enough to almost ensure a hit.

Also, you should define your pvp.  Not everyone is in the Burg doing 1 vs 1 ya know. Some people are in the forest doing 2 vs 2 or ganking or fighting gankers, etcetcetc.  Others might be invading and showing no mercy true to the DMBs, or Darkwraiths.

However, if you're talking about 1  vs 1, you're still wrong in saying Dark Magic is worthless.  If you're fighting casters that are always locked on and spamming, then ya, you're gonna develop that opinion.  If you're fighting a caster that knows how to use their castings as a tool/weapon, then you won't.  You might even flip and make a mage...seen it happen here...a couple times.

You also reference I-frames via roll bs counters.  Well  EVERYTHING is affected by I-frames, so by that logic, all attacks are worthless except for backstabs.

In end, Dark Magic is not worthless, nor are various other casting techniques.

PS-Back on topic, I know nothing about the op build. Shrug...or at least can only offer minimal advice.  Everyone else here seems to know more about that build than me.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I think I will go with this build https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=170111051617165487

I know that I can put far better armor but the Chester's set is so *** epic  .

But it's SL125 is that good for PVP or it's too high?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

SeriousDogg wrote:I think I will go with this build https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=170111051617165487

I know that I can put far better armor but the Chester's set is so *** epic  .

But it's SL125 is that good for PVP or it's too high?

125 is perfect.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Animaaal wrote:You also reference I-frames via roll bs counters.  Well  EVERYTHING is affected by I-frames, so by that logic, all attacks are worthless except for backstabs.
    Nice one Animaaal. +1 for actually going through with a whole explanation.

And yes, I know quite a bit about the sword. The Greatsword Artorias is one of my favorite swords, and when the DLC came out I like the Abyss one as well. Both of their R2's feel gloriously satisfying to land, and their reach is just great. Plus having a build for them is a lot easier then most people think, you don't have to go to hugely high levels to justify using them. And the sword looks bloody fabulous, which is always a good thing.

And when you make a build for it, it automatically becomes a build that is versatile for a lot of things.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 pm

So how is this? https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=170111051617165487

I didn't know where to put the last point so I just added 1 to STR.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:56 pm

SeriousDogg wrote:So how is this? https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=170111051617165487

Seems fine. I'd do some different armor, lose the Dark hand, add some dark magic and put in more attunement, but that is mainly opinion.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    SeriousDogg wrote:So how is this? https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=170111051617165487

Seems fine. I'd do some different armor, lose the Dark hand, add some dark magic and put in more attunement, but that is mainly opinion.

I'm not PVP A lot because 70% of the invaders fail and almost 60% of the summons that I want to summon also fails (PC Version) so I want to look nice in PVE and my favorite armor is Chester's I'm also doging very good and with the Wolf Ring I don't need more poise.

And im A very big fan of the dark magic, Dark Bead is OP but I don't want Sorcery on this build, the only reason of the INT is for the Abyss Greatsword, and if I will get more attunements I will lose more important stats.

The Dark Hand is only because I didn't had any other choice, and it's nice to suck some humanity lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:04 pm