Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Tomhet
Juutas
BLA1NE
Nybbles
Shakie666
GkMrBane
Wisp
roanispe
Ghadis_God
Joichiro
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Zakkia
The Letter X
RANT
PlasticandRage
Rynn
20 posters

Holy ****, they KILLED Greatswords

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Holy ****, they KILLED Greatswords - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy ****, they KILLED Greatswords

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:59 am

Greatswords killed? Dead-angled R2 can still combo into R1 and R1 into R2 is a great pressure move because you need to time your dodge or else you'll get hit with R1 again.

They lost their R1 spam which was a completely skill-less tactic, they are still dangerous and the initial R1 is fast for what they can do.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Holy ****, they KILLED Greatswords - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy ****, they KILLED Greatswords

Post by Nybbles Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm

i got slaughtered 3 times in a row by one particular invader who did nothing but run in and spam the gold tracer. all i had that was viable atm was a back knight great sword. i would tap R1 once, they would poise through it (naked with wolf ring) and spam the gold tracer stun locking me in return (i have 54 poise btw) and bleeding me out before i recovered and could get my shield up. made it impossible to attempt anything other than fish for backstabs.

the problem isn't that R1 spamming greatswords has been nerfed, the problem is that the recovery speed of any greatsword attack is now so slow that any dex weapon spammer can get inside your swing and kill you while you just stand there staggered and dumbfounded. as if dex weapon spammers needed even more help. it's frelling ridiculous.

i seriously hope they reverse this nerf and find a different way to approach the infinite stun-locking problem.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

the problem is that the recovery speed of any greatsword attack is now
    so slow that any dex weapon spammer can get inside your swing and kill
    you while you just stand there staggered and dumbfounded. as if dex
    weapon spammers needed even more help. it's frelling ridiculous.
    As far as I know, the speed of the second R1 has been nerfed, but not recovery speeds, which is why Greatswords still have stunlock combos.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Greatswords being downsized.....not a good thing for me. I love greatswords. No matter how hard I try to do something different, I always return to greatswords.

But my Abyss Greatsword swings faster than my Zweihander, and I two-hand both.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

greatswords have been my favourite weapon class since demons. i don't use them exclusively but i have tons of experience with them. my most recent toon is going to focus on the abyss sword, so i've been using the black knight sword in the interim. the difference post patch is definitely in the time it takes to recover between swings, not in the speed of the swing.

it's most notable during PVE, a single greatsword attack is enough to stagger a balder knight, but the recovery speed is now slow enough that they have enough time to wake up from being staggered and counter attack before you can even raise your shield. this never happened before and it really sucks.

not to mention the DPS of the greatswords has been severely gimped. it was comparable to the dex weapons before, now it's not even a contest.

yes greatswords can still lock some opponents, but only those with very little or no poise. even still, great swords have been downgraded from being a solid B to a less than satisfactory D in my opinion.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Just use it onehanded, that hasn't been nerfed and is very effective for PvE. Most Greatsword r2's are also very viable.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 am

Personally I don't think it's killed it, although I've hardly played since the changes. The stunlocks were a little silly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 am