Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Aznul
RANT
raecor14
Emergence
Sentiel
FinPeku
The Letter X
zivbu9
WyrmHero
Back Lot Basher
PlasticandRage
15 posters

Good Pyro's for PvP

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Good Pyro's for PvP - Page 2 Empty Re: Good Pyro's for PvP

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Advised to use less powerful pyro flame, not greater.

I heard this doesn't work anymore since the newest patch came out. I'm yet to test it myself or speak to anyone whose opinion I trust about it, but I did read specifically that it's the same for all levels of pyro flames now.

I never would have considered using undead rapport in super NG+. That's a great idea. I never use it for anything. It doesn't apply to this particular build quite yet, but I'm totally going to try it with one of my other ones.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm

undead rapport can be good since enemies can be increased rapidly in strength by advancing through NG+'s and you can take advantage of that strength. Also, This could be especially useful if you are purposely keeping your level low.

Also, it can be deadly since some enemies are gauranteed a successful parry if struck while in a certain stance, which can give you a huge opening in addition to allowing the monster to riposte them.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Powerwithin is good but its situational.

best to be used against gankers since they almost never try to out-wait you.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 am

If you're a pure pyro you want these for sure:

Fire tempest: Only in situations vs gankers. I wouldn't run it in the arena, but otherwise this slot is worth it. With Bellowing/Dusk Crown/Power Within you can easily 1-shot a lot of gankers.

Power Within: With this, pyro spells are seriously dangerous. Obviously consider against using it vs obvious turtles.

Great Fireball: You need manual aim, but you can hit 1k+ with all the pyro boosts and it stuns.

Great Combustion: Derp!

Fire Surge: This spell is pretty innocuous unboosted. With all the boosts it can easily crush someone in almost no time flat. Try to surprise people who go for big hits by timing it just before the swing and having enough poise to take a hit. By the time the larger weapons can get a second swing, you've done 800+ and you might not be the one getting stunned. Shield users don't like this one either.

Others are up for discretion.

If you're just throwing one on, go "derp", power within, or fire surge IMO...or maybe tempest if you're forest hunting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:21 am