Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ChizFreak
Deathsitexxi
6 posters

Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled!

Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled! Empty Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled!

Post by Deathsitexxi Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:58 pm

I’ve been doing my analysis series for a while and they have all kind of built up into this. This is only the first half of the intro and I’m working on the other half as we speak. All information comes from hours of looking up item descriptions and word meanings etc. If you have anything to add or want to poke holes feel free. Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the read.

"In the Age of Ancients, The world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of grey crags, archtrees, and everlasting dragons. "

The original Arch Trees were called, Great Stone Arch Trees (Warrior’s Round Shield, Caduceus Round Shield, Red and White Round Shield). The original dragons had a few different names, Everlasting Dragons, Ancient Dragons, and Stone Dragons (Dragon Greatsword, Dragon Tooth, Dragon Scale)

Something else mentioned in the intro are: grey crags

Crags are: a steep, rugged rock; rough, broken, projecting part of a rock

Grey’s definition as an adjective is: of a neutral tone, intermediate between black and white, that has no hue and reflects and transmits only a little light.

The recurring theme here is Stone and neutrality. Neutrality as in never moving, never ending, everlasting.

"But then there was Fire, and with Fire came Disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course.. Light and Dark"

It’s hard to believe that before the first flame there wasn’t darkness (absence of light). The first flame created light right? So there would have to be darkness? The sentence structure here is pretty strange and telling… Heat is capitalize because it’s the first word of the sentence then cold, life, and death are lower cased as in normal grammar. But wait… when it references “Light” in this section of the intro it is in caps…. Also, notice how every time they reference the “Dark” it is also capitalized. Meaning these are not the traditional light and dark meanings we are used to. To my point, later on it says “Even now, there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless nights” In this case, light is not capitalize…meaning the traditional meaning stands here. So, what does this mean?

The DLC gave us our first hint as to why these words are like this, on a single set of armor..

Helm of Artorias: Helm of Artorias the Abysswalker, one of Gwyn’s four knights. The death of the helm’s owner can be surmised from the corrosive Dark of the Abyss, and the musty azure-blue tassel, once a symbol of pride and glory.

The corrosive Dark of the abyss is the liquid-ooze like substance that’s all over Oolicile and we can see large masses of it just before we fight the chained prisoner… just take a look at the steps where the Dark Sorcerers were and look to the left and right of it. HUGE puddles of black liquid… So if the Dark is this black ooze, what exactly does that mean?

"Then, from the Dark, They came, and found the Souls of Lords within the flame."

“Then, from the Dark, They came”, when we hear this we see what looks like hollow-like people standing up. Gwyn, Nito, the Witch, Pygmy, etc are included into this “They”. So the Dark is a corrosive liquid, and from this liquid, primeval man was given form. Our next hint comes with the titles creatures are given.

Primordial is: Constituting a beginning; giving origin to something derived or developed; original; elementray.

Primeval: Of or pertaining to the first age or ages, especially of the world.

These 2 words are similar yet the word Primordial seems to insinuate something deeper…

If Dark is where all life sprang from then, from their title, the Primordial Serpents were the first to spring from it. Meaning the Dark is a type of Primordial soup and all humans are evolutionary decedents of the serpents. This is to include Gywn and the others as they are called the Primeval Lords by Qualanna. This is due to them obtaining the Lord Souls from the flame and transcending humanity.

From observing the Primordial Serpents we can see that they are in fact a part of the darkness and seeing as how they want the Age of Dark/Man you can see how the races are in some way related. The Gold Serpent Ring says they are “imperfect dragons” and are associated with greed, and when you attack Ciran what she says is extremely interesting.. “Humans… Always taking what you please” that sounds like she is associating humans with greed as well… However, just because she calls us “humans” that doesn’t mean she isn’t a human herself. For example, from being one of the Four Knights of the Lord of Sunlight (a transcended human) she would believe herself transcended from the term human, and would use it as a cut down even.. Also, notice the human-like faces on the Serpents and how when you stack humanity, your item drop rate (greed) increases. Finally, Gywn himself is hollowed when we do battle with him, showing a relationship between humans and the lords.

With the Primordial soup theory, I believe this has something to do with the way everyone looks when they go Hollow (including the player character). As in, when in hollow form there are patches of skin missing which expose what looks GREY, stone-like/wormish insides. These insides remind me of what the Fire Keepers Soul looks like. From what we know Fire Keepers souls are just a mass of humanity. With that being said, if we compare the 2 (Hollows insides and Fire Keepers Soul) and go along thinking the Primordial Soup theory from above we can say that human beings are just masses of Dark/Humanity. I say Dark/Humanity because it is of the belief of many in the Dark Souls community that the Dark Soul was split and that is what the item humanity is.

If this were the case (humans bodies are composed of masses of Dark/humanity) this farther proves the Primordial soup theory. But then why do we have to use a consumable humanity to regain our human form? Maybe the grey bits we see while we are hollow are the STONE (recurring theme again) that the primordial soup sat on and mutated into a solid container for the Dark.

This would also explain why a Estus Flask keeps you alive. Aestus Estus means heat in latin, therefore; a estus flask contains the heat of a bonfire, which would in turn heat up the inside a person’s body to heal them… Because upon death the Dark inside of your body would harden and eventually make you unable to move..

I’ll post up the other half of the intro in a few days because I don’t want one single huge post XD

Last edited by Deathsitexxi on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled! Empty Re: Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled!

Post by Deathsitexxi Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:15 pm

“Nito, the first of the dead, The Witch of Izalith, and her daughters of chaos, Gwyn the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights, and the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten. With the Strength of Lords, they challenged the dragons. “

I’ve explained what I believe the Dark to be from those first lines of the intro but I have yet to speak on what I think the Light is. That one is a little tougher because I have no other references that I can find that speak about light with a capital L, however; I could be overlooking something here my eyes are starting to cross. We could look at the capitalization of the Strength of Lords as a clue though. Meaning if anything the Light that is referred to could be souls in general. It’s also been referenced many times that boss souls all seem like flames in art design and when consumed. Souls are a consumable energy source in these games and when the First Flame came into existence it gave off a large amount of energy. So much energy in fact, that a few members of the Dark Race (the orignal name of the game btw) found them and transcended their normal limitations, and it even reanimated the first of the dead. If this were the case I would make reference to what I said just above about human bodies being composed of masses of Dark/humanity and their bodies only being a solid container for something to fill.

For example, Elizibeth talks about Artorias’ downfall and says something to the effect that he had no chance because there was “narry a trace of Dark” in him. So what was inside of him? Instead of Dark/humanity he must have had been filled with Light/Souls from Gwyn to make him stronger and give him Demi-god like strength. So upon entering the Abyss all of the body-less Dark tried to force its way into him and he was defenseless. Which is why he seems possessed when we battle him. So this is where we could see why there is so much confusion on what race the gods are, and it is also why Kaathe says Gwyn “resists nature”. Nature of course being all of the members of the Dark Race being filled with Dark instead of Light. With what has been said we could safely say that every being is a form of “human” or a member of the Dark Race but each filled with a different type of soul, be it Light or Dark.

“Gywn’s mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The witches weaved great firestorms. Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease. And Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the dragons were no more. Thus began the Age of Fire.”

Once the Light (soul power) had been obtained from the flame by Gywn and the others, they made short work (or long work it doesn’t really tell us) of the Ancient Dragons. We could look at each of the powers that the Lords obtained and see what we can find but that could be a whole other posting, so we’ll move on from here. I want to focus on the last 2 lines in a completely different post =)

Last edited by Deathsitexxi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled! Empty Re: Analysis Series: Dark Souls Intro. Truths reveled!

Post by Deathsitexxi Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 pm

“But soon, the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. Even now, there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless nights. And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed Darksign.”

When it says “the flames will fade” it’s talking about the original power of the First Flame, which created the Lord Souls. Meaning all soul power other than the Dark Soul’s power will die out. So we’ve talked about the Dark from which all “soul containers/Dark Race” came. We talked about what the Light is and how it enhanced the Dark Race and made them transcend their limitaions… So what is the Dark Soul and how do we explain the Darksign? The Dark Soul is just that, a soul that instead of being born directly from the First Flame was born in the shadows of it, and more than likely this Lord Soul energy that gave the Primordial Soup its energy to create the Dark Race. Hence why Kaathe stretches the truth and alludes to the pygmy being the propagator of your species. Kaathe knows that you are all links in the evolutionary chain of this world but doesn’t think you can grasp the truth of the whole story. Frampt on the other hand honestly seems to have changed sides and is attempting to ad in the continuation of the Age of Fire for reasons unknown.

So what is the Darksign? We have some clues in the line “And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed Darksign” Let’s put out exactly how this sentence should read using all of the information we have talked about in these postings. If we do this then this line would read:

And amongst those with the souls of Light within them are seen, carriers of the accursed Darksign… Which beckons their bodies to return to its true form, by removing all of ones souls and Dark from them. So that the day that the Dark takes over the world the empty containers may again be filled with the Dark from which they came.

In the end this is the Primordial Serpent Clan Kaathe’s true intention. To see things returned to their natural state. To see the race that for which he and the other serpents are the forerunners assume control, which is what Frampt thought he was doing by assisting Gywn and the others. That doesn’t mean Kaathe’s intentions are good and as a matter of fact after seeing what happened to Manus when he had an overabundance of Dark/humanity and it wasn’t controlled… In the end, the 2 clans Frampt (when he has no other choice) and Kaathe (finally succeeding) serve the Dark Lord and welcome the next step in evolution and the Age of Dark/Man

**Edit....

Gywn is hollow, and yet he still holds his soul. Which made me start thinking killing Hollows produces souls as well. Reading my theory about the “Light” and “Dark” from the intro and re-reading my own take on how the Darksign description should read (see above comment 3 paragraph 4). I went back to the Great Lord Greatsword description which says:

Greatsword born from the soul of Gwyn Lord of Cinder. As bearer of the ultimate soul, Gwyn wielded the bolts of the sun, but before linking the fire, divided that power amongst his children, and set off with only this great sword as his companion.

So it goes from saying that the sword was born from Gwyn’s Soul to he was the bearer of the ultimate soul. The ultimate Lord Soul. So there is a difference between the souls he held.

1) I think this proves my point that Gywn and all the other things we meet along the way are some form of “human”. As in they all came from the Primordial Soup. They all have Light and Darkness giving them a balance of Life and Death.

2) Once he lost the power of the Lord Soul and (died?) linking the flame, he went Hollow. To me this shows that it’s the power of the Lords Souls of Light that keep the Darksign at bay.

3) This would help show that the First Flame was in fact the giant Soul of the Planet (Shkar’s theory) and it in turn

4) Which leads me to believe the Darksign is in fact the curse of the planet/dragons

Hollow only means that the power of Light (with the meaning we discussed above) and Dark (Primordial Soup/Humanity/Dark Souls Power) have left the body. Meaning they have returned to the original state of the land Grey, neutral, and empty. The grey insides looking like stone is a farther hint to this being a return to the original state of the land.

Last edited by Deathsitexxi on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Following your theory, the Lord were once human, and with the Flame they became what we know now, and transcended humanity. But the Pygmy found a special soul, the Dark Soul, he split it among humans, this could be considered a disease, granting them immortality. The Dark Soul, created the undead. The Dark Soul instead of being used for purely for himself, like the rest of the Lord did with their flame souls, was shared among humans, thus Undead started emerging. Humans, following Gwyn's orders, who feared the Dark Soul (because he knew the Flame would once extinguish, while the Dark Soul would remain forever as an essence inside the humans), isolated undead, grow a hate to them, and gathered them in the Northern Undead Asylum. Among them is the Chosen Undead, the one who will destroy the Lords, ending their tyranny and influence over humans, leaving Undead to live free.

I think that through the Pygmy's eyes, Humanity weren't men, but just that, humans. Undead, where the evolution of Humanity, powered by it, created by the Dark Soul. Undead are Men. That's why, when the Lord died, and the Flame (their power) extinguish, the Undead, the Men, were finally free. The Chosen Undead would then lead all undead, becoming the Dark Lord, the Leader of the those who come from the Dark, following the intro, the Lords (and the Pygmy) came from the Dark, but the Lords became selfish, while the Pygmy sacrificed his power (Dark Soul) to evolve humans to Man/Undead. That's why Men, are descendants from the Pygmy, as the Chosen One is. Because Pygmy was the only one that still truly represented the Dark (the other lords becoming selfish), his legacy (the men/undead) will be lead by the Dark Lord, the Chosen One. Dark Lord being the one who rules over the descendants of the Dark, the Pygmy.

Sorry for my rambling in your thread, these are my theories based on your findings.

Do you agree with me?
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Following your theory, the Lord were once human, and with the Flame they became what we know now, and transcended humanity. But the Pygmy found a special soul, the Dark Soul, he split it among humans, this could be considered a disease, granting them immortality. The Dark Soul, created the undead. The Dark Soul instead of being used for purely for himself, like the rest of the Lord did with their flame souls, was shared among humans, thus Undead started emerging. Humans, following Gwyn's orders, who feared the Dark Soul (because he knew the Flame would once extinguish, while the Dark Soul would remain forever as an essence inside the humans), isolated undead, grow a hate to them, and gathered them in the Northern Undead Asylum. Among them is the Chosen Undead, the one who will destroy the Lords, ending their tyranny and influence over humans, leaving Undead to live free.

I think that through the Pygmy's eyes, Humanity weren't men, but just that, humans. Undead, where the evolution of Humanity, powered by it, created by the Dark Soul. Undead are Men. That's why, when the Lord died, and the Flame (their power) extinguish, the Undead, the Men, were finally free. The Chosen Undead would then lead all undead, becoming the Dark Lord, the Leader of the those who come from the Dark, following the intro, the Lords (and the Pygmy) came from the Dark, but the Lords became selfish, while the Pygmy sacrificed his power (Dark Soul) to evolve humans to Man/Undead. That's why Men, are descendants from the Pygmy, as the Chosen One is. Because Pygmy was the only one that still truly represented the Dark (the other lords becoming selfish), his legacy (the men/undead) will be lead by the Dark Lord, the Chosen One. Dark Lord being the one who rules over the descendants of the Dark, the Pygmy.

Sorry for my rambling in your thread, these are my theories based on your findings.

Do you agree with me?

I like that you give specifics and I can see how what you're trying to add can fit =) thanks for reading and giving it as much thought as you did. Unfortunatly, when you try and get specific it requires much more digging to try and prove! I actually really like the part were you talk about the Undead being the evolution of humanity... I can actually see that... I just added my 2 other posts that might change what you were saying... I can't say I 100% agree with what you said but it does seem quite fitting, and I think we are heading in the right direction of explaining the story =)
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Spoiler:

What point exactly do you think is the one where I'm missing "references"? I would love to investigate a bit more about them, maybe I can find something to prove it, or disprove it.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Spoiler:

What point exactly do you think is the one where I'm missing "references"? I would love to investigate a bit more about them, maybe I can find something to prove it, or disprove it.

I don't think you are personally missing references. What I mean is there is a lack of references in game, and we'd have to dig deeper into the wording of specific items etc. A good place to start are item descriptions people gloss over a lot like the Darksign, Estus Flask, Humanity etc. For example, in the description of the Estus (Heat) Flask it makes reference to the flask being emerald and it being a part of the Fire Keepers soul. Emeralds are considered a precious stone, to me meaning that the Fire Keeper soul, that I compared to the insides of Hollows, are some sort of stone derivative of the grey crags which the Dark would have landed on before the power of the Dark Soul empowered the Primordial Soup.

It seems like I’d be stretching it but really that’s the point of the analysis =) chase down the real meanings of what they are saying. . And you’d be surprised at what items give you HUGE amounts of information just from a few words and there meanings. So yeah, point being start with anything related to the Dark… items weapons and then go from there =). I really like what you wrote earlier though.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Spoiler:

Lol it's been a long time since I was researching lore, but your post woke up my curiosity again. I will look into it.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:36 pm

I don't know why but I can't help seeing it as: at first everything was neutral,then fire came first with dark following as a consequence (shadow) not both at the same time. And the dark and undead are an ode to how the world was originally - everyone was immortal and technically so are humans, well the ones with the darksign at least.
    So I don't know maybe these humans are an alternative way to recreate the beginning where things where everlasting. Technically everything would be neutral if just the dark remained with no light because it couldn't be called dark without light and fire - that is confusing me now.
    The humans are kinda an imperfect solution to get things how they where, just like serpents (aka human race as you were saying about the evolution lone)are imperfect dragons.
    If you should take one thing from my ramblings and ignore everything else it's that I find it interesting the the darksign branded humans are immortal like the dragons
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 am

Deathsitexxi wrote:Dark Race (the original name of the game by the way)

Dark Ring, not Race. They changed it because they found out it's slang in Britain for anus haha
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:38 am

Just realized that players never see each other hollow. If I'm hollow, summoned , host sees human. We never see each other hollow. Hmmm
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Astardbay wrote:

Dark Ring, not Race. They changed it because they found out it's slang in Britain for anus haha

Thank you I fixed my posting XD. . I was in a hurry posting most of this up because I had to get to work soon and totally convinced myself the OG name was Dark Race lol

** Edit: See below!!

Last edited by Deathsitexxi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Astardbay wrote:

Just got a chance to relook into why I thought it was going to be named Dark Race and we are both correct. They had named the game Dark Race but decided against it because they wanted to avoid it being assosicated with racism. Here is a quote from Miyazaki "The Dark Race name didn't hold because there was worry that it would be viewed as a racist expression overseas" Then they changed the name to Dark Lord but they could not get the trademark down. Then they went with Dark Ring... and well... as you stated above you know why they changed that lol. You can find the story here... www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-08-dark-souls-almost-called-dark-race
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Going along the lines of the Primordial Soup theory and watching the DS2 intro... Is it just me or in the very beginning when his "blood" hits the ground, does it seem like it's acidic when it hits the ground? If that's the case and with what I've said above how much humanity is this guy carrying or is he actually holding the Dark Soul....
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Re-looking at all my data and going over what I’ve discussed above something really stood out to me that helps prove my point a little farther. I’ll add it to the OP but I’ll put it here so you don’t have to dig for it.

Something I noticed while going over my notes that stood out this weekend. Gywn is hollow, and yet he still holds his soul. Which made me start thinking killing Hollows produces souls as well. Reading my theory about the “Light” and “Dark” from the intro and re-reading my own take on how the Darksign description should read (see above comment 3 paragraph 4). I went back to the Great Lord Greatsword description which says:

Greatsword born from the soul of Gwyn Lord of Cinder. As bearer of the ultimate soul, Gwyn wielded the bolts of the sun, but before linking the fire, divided that power amongst his children, and set off with only this great sword as his companion.

So it goes from saying that the sword was born from Gwyn’s Soul to he was the bearer of the ultimate soul. The ultimate Lord Soul. So there is a difference between the souls he held.

1) I think this proves my point that Gywn and all the other things we meet along the way are some form of “human”. As in they all came from the Primordial Soup. They all have Light and Darkness giving them a balance of Life and Death.

2) Once he lost the power of the Lord Soul and (died?) linking the flame, he went Hollow. To me this shows that it’s the power of the Lords Souls of Light that keep the Darksign at bay.

3) This would help show that the First Flame was in fact the giant Soul of the Planet (Shkar’s theory) and it in turn

4) Which leads me to believe the Darksign is in fact the curse of the planet/dragons

Hollow only means that the power of Light (with the meaning we discussed above) and Dark (Primordial Soup/Humanity/Dark Souls Power) have left the body. Meaning they have returned to the original state of the land Grey, neutral, and empty. The grey insides looking like stone is a farther hint to this being a return to the original state of the land.
    D3CRON
    D3CRON

Post by D3CRON Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I love your analysis and I can relate to it; but I'm left behind with the question. Who is the pygmy that has the dark soul? And why has he chosen to exile himself and keep it a secret? Was it because of it's power or ,linked to your theory, the fact it is 'dark' meaning it contains human essence and thus engulfing the pygmy with greed?
    I would love to see your (and others) take on this.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:08 pm

D3CRON wrote:I love your analysis and I can relate to it; but I'm left behind with the question. Who is the pygmy that has the dark soul? And why has he chosen to exile himself and keep it a secret? Was it because of it's power or ,linked to your theory, the fact it is 'dark' meaning it contains human essence and thus engulfing the pygmy with greed?
    I would love to see your (and others) take on this.

First off, thank you for reading everything. And before you
    start reading this I just want to say, I know it seems like I’m grasping at
    strings here, however; I’m trying to look at things from a different
    perspective while stay consistent with my theory above. Before we discover why
    the Pygmy did what he did we’d have to find out who the Pygmy was. I always
    look up word definitions to help me explain myself in the analysis series so I’ll
    do it here as well.

Pygmy- A small or dwarfish person or a person who is of
    small importance, or who has some quality, attribute, etc., in very small
    measure.

Furtive- Taken, done, used, etc., surreptitiously or by
    stealth; secret, or sly; shifty

The way I see it the Pygmy was the polar opposite of Gywn,
    and that’s why the Dark Soul chose him.
    Meaning where Gywn is very powerful, the Pygmy was not, where Gywn
    fights head-on the Pygmy is very stealth and secretive.

So we know that the Pygmy used some kind of stealth, and
    also held the Dark Soul in its entirety. There are 2 groups we hear about
    people using stealth and that is the Dragon School and Oolacile.

Hidden Body- Ancient sorcery of the lost land of Oolacile.
    Turns body nearly invisible. Although perfect invisibility is unachievable due
    to the risk of dissipation, the caster need only stand still for a moment to
    blend in to environments with astounding camouflage.

Hush-Sorcery developed by a certain surreptitious sorcerer
    at Vinheim Dragon School. Masks all noises of caster. Effectively, Vinheim is
    controlled by the Dragon School, and it is no wonder that the town has its
    share of dark secrets.

So let’s look at a couple of facts and ask a few questions

The definition of Surreptitious and Furtive are
    almost the same.

To use any of these stealth techniques one must
    have some kind of Sorcery talent

Why did Gywn allow a Dragon School to exists
    when he was wiping the world of anything dragon related (except Seath).

Why does it specifically say “dark” secrets

What is the relationship between these 2 spells?

Is there a relationship between these 2 spells? At first
    glance I’d understand if you said no, but I want to look at a couple of other
    descriptions really fast.

Slumbering Dragon Crest Ring- This ring was secretly worn by
    a certain surreptitious sorcerer at Vinheim Dragon School. This ring is
    engraved with an everlasting dragon in silent slumber, and masks all sound
    emitting from its wearer.

Broken Pendant-Half of a broken stone pendant. The vine
    appears to originate from Oolacile. A powerful magic can be sensed from this
    ancient stone. Yet men of this time can neither manipulate nor sense its power,
    which has a distinct air consisting of both reverence and nostalgia.

Why was the ring secretly worn? Whom where they hiding wearing
    the ring from? Does this mean this certain surreptitious sorcerer at Vinheim
    wore this ring and gave it out to the members of his secret team? I brought up
    the broken pendant for a few reasons.

The vine appears to originate from Oolacile

Manus is buried in Oolacile and wants the
    pendant back

Manus was a sorcerer

So what does that
    even mean to me? Well (speculation without proof ahead). I believe the Pygmy
    hid in plain sight. I also think long ago he created or was a part of the
    Vinheim Dragon School, and had a hand at creating the “Spook” team in the
    school. The place he originally came from was in fact Oolacile, and after
    living for so long he discovered the truth about the world (it would all return
    to the way it once was, and continue to cycle no matter what) and hid himself
    under his hometown. Now let me explain, from my original Analysis above I
    talked about what the “Dark” and “Light” was. With all of that in mind let’s
    look at another description.

Pursuers-Sorcery of Manus, Father of the Abyss. Grant a
    fleeting will to the Dark of humanity, and volley the result. The will feels
    envy, or perhaps love, and despite the inevitably trite and tragic ending the
    will sees no alternative, and is driven madly towards its target.

This description here tells us exactly how and why Manus
    went nuts. Once he was awakened after hiding himself (the serpents had been
    searching for him) he realized the inevitably trite and tragic ending and saw
    no alternative, transformed and is now driven madly towards his targets.

I have more to say and this isn’t that organized but it’s
    already to long sorry XD Thanks for
    reading and I hope you had fun Holidays and New Years =)
    D3CRON
    D3CRON

Post by D3CRON Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

It came to mind to me aswell that Manus could be the pygmy, but the thing that bothers me about that is all of the others that found the lord souls actually dropped it. Manus only drops his soul like he is an ordinary boss with little to no meaning. It would be logic to think he is the pygmy and created the abyss with the dark soul, but I guess only Miyazaki knows the answer haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am