Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
BrotherBob
Thundergrip
DoughGuy
Ghadis_God
FruitPunchNinja
aceluby
Hatsune Miku
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
ChizFreak
CrackedMarbles
Phoenix Rising
Back Lot Basher
Tomhet
Lulzee
reim0027
CaligoIllioneus
Glutebrah
Xskulled
Nybbles
Rudmed
XachAttack
Odinbear
billy_bayonet
OrnsteinFanBoy
Rynn
Juutas
The_Hallion
Gazman0169
hey its andres
sunbro
Sentiel
BIG TIME MASTER
steveswede
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
raecor14
41 posters

Dark magic wrecking the game

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

magic hate - Dark magic wrecking the game - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark magic wrecking the game

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 am

-facedesk-
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

magic hate - Dark magic wrecking the game - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark magic wrecking the game

Post by Odinbear Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:59 am

Rynn wrote:
    steveswede wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    steveswede wrote:even if the soul arrow spells and dark orb get a mod to make them viable in PvP
    they are very viable.

Compared to crystal soul spear, homing crystal soulmass, pursers and dark beed, not a chance.
    They are insanely viable. You'd be surprised how many people back off to dodge dark bead, then let you hit them with Great Soul Arrow, forgetting how well it homes.

I'm not surprised. That scenario has toasted me on several occasions already. Several times , I see the Dark magic coming, hit Silver Pendant and while doing so the Soul Arrow pierces my heart. It's a deadly comb, But a challenge to learn a defense to.
    I suspect that, the EASY MODE, NERF THIS/that and This/that is OP discussions are brought on by those who don't have the patience to figure out a way to beat whatever it is they can't beat, YET. YES... YET. It is my belief that FROM put some real thought into this game and that everything in it is beatable with the right strategies.

Prepare to die, learning "how" in some instances. It's the " Nature of the Beast".
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:06 am

Juutas wrote:As the OP said, it's the lag that is the issue here. Somehow the dark magic is unbelievably laggy and I get killed in weird ways way too often.
    Fighting mages is boring anyway, all have the same tactics and their winning is more based on the luck of lagging out a hit that one-shots me than any sort of "skill". I think 6/10 people I fight now a days spam dark magic, boring to the core.

( if you happen to be a mage and this insults you in anyway, it's not meant in that way. This opinion is based on my experiences, please just prove me wrong sometime. )
    THAT is my point, it, unlike WOG the BKGA or any of the other cheap spells/weapons/items this is sometimes juts imposable to avoid on my current build i use WOG and 75% of the time the other player avoids it, another 15% block it with a shield. i have NEVER been able to beat someone who has used dark magic quite often due to the fact it only required 16 int 16!!!!! wog requires 28, all the crystal spells require 25+ but what may be THE most powerful spell requires so little i could put it into my FAITH build and not suffer any losses. THAT is all
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 am

There's a roll button for a reason. If rolling once doesn't work, roll twice and so on.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am

if i wanted to play who can roll the best i would find a much better game, as it is this game is actually starting to suck. EVERYONE uses dark magic, i liked it better when the unknown was your enemy not one pathetic spell
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 am

raecor14 wrote:if i wanted to play who can roll the best i would find a much better game, as it is this game is actually starting to suck. EVERYONE uses dark magic, i liked it better when the unknown was your enemy not one pathetic spell
    I use Chaos Blade and Bow... sad
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 am

raecor14 wrote:if i wanted to play who can roll the best i would find a much better game, as it is this game is actually starting to suck. EVERYONE uses dark magic, i liked it better when the unknown was your enemy not one pathetic spell

I don't use dark magic.......yet......twisted
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 am

YET ahahaha, i have nothing against it except for the lag (and the stat requirement i find that a bit meh but whatever) i dont necessarily want a nerf a higher stat requirement or some sort of lag fix ect ect
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am

The game is definitely awesome so it's more likely that it's just you sucks dude
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 am

it's not just dark Magic, with any amount of lag most spells are OP. i can't tell you how many times i've been one shot by a soul spear spamming goofball in elf ears, even though the spell came no where close to me. then there is my personal favorite, invader casts souls mass or pursuers and i prepare to roll through it as soon as it activates but i fall over dead instead. in the mean time, the invader's soul mass or pursuers hasn't even activated yet? w.t.f!

when there's no or little lag, it's not a big deal to avoid just about any spell. it actually surprises me that so many players rely on magic as their A game. unless they are also counting on lag for the win Look Skyward
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:26 am

They just need to nerf the damage on Dark Bead / Pursuers to balance them out a little. It's the people stacking Crown of Dusk / Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring that make DM seem stupid OP (if they can manage to hit you).

I think like a 15-20% damage nerf would suffice.

/ 2 cents
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Rynn wrote:
    steveswede wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    steveswede wrote:even if the soul arrow spells and dark orb get a mod to make them viable in PvP
    they are very viable.

Compared to crystal soul spear, homing crystal soulmass, pursers and dark beed, not a chance.
    They are insanely viable. You'd be surprised how many people back off to dodge dark bead, then let you hit them with Great Soul Arrow, forgetting how well it homes.

Well I must be insanely good at dodging them because it's extreme rare for me to get hit by one and the people I've used them against must be insanely good at dodging them as well.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm

By the way guys does this happen to you often:
    There is this weird visual glitch when you invade someone's world they just stand there near the spawning spot, I proceed on bowing to my opponent and suddenly get hit by something invisible and die instantly (or lose 90% of my health).
    I've come to conclution that Pursuers don't visually show up on your screen if the host casts them before you spawn. I've encountered this several times already so people really know to abuse it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Juutas wrote:By the way guys does this happen to you often:
    There is this weird visual glitch when you invade someone's world they just stand there near the spawning spot, I proceed on bowing to my opponent and suddenly get hit by something invisible and die instantly (or lose 90% of my health).
    I've come to conclution that Pursuers don't visually show up on your screen if the host casts them before you spawn. I've encountered this several times already so people really know to abuse it.
    This happened to me many times before the DLC, with Soulmass spells. It's some sort of graphic bug, or just lag or whatnot.
    It's :dung: if you ask me, but I really don't know what to do with it, other that keep your shield up.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    This happened to me many times before the DLC, with Soulmass spells. It's some sort of graphic bug, or just lag or whatnot.
    It's magic hate - Dark magic wrecking the game - Page 2 2324285107 if you ask me, but I really don't know what to do with it, other that keep your shield up.

Haha, I just roll around for a while if I see a mage looking character standing there big grin
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm

nothing wrong with Dark magic. i learned to accept it. it is no issue now for me. you will learn to OP you will learn to.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm

You guys are all racist anyway. Hating only on Dark magic. lol!
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm

has this happened in the DLC areas on PS3 before the glitch fix...
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Glutebrah wrote:

I'm on Xbox, so I don't know about PS3.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Juutas wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

I'm on Xbox, so I don't know about PS3.
    Homing Soul Mass and Pursuers both do not appear on your screen if they have been out for more then 30 seconds prior to your summoning.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

There's also this lag issue I have seen a lot of times:

If you use Pursuers /HCSM away from the opponent they fire instantly when they enter range, but if you use them close they take a small while before actually firing. If the enemy runs at you during this time and gets in melee range while the orbs are still passive, there's a high chance that he won't see the spell coming when it fires, and he will die before the orbs move on his screen (sometimes they just never move). It has happened to me while fighting mages and I have used this a few times as a mage (I always wondered by the didn't roll, then I discovered it was this issue).
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm

HA im just that bad? granted i am not the best player but i win 60-75% of the time, mostly due to the fact i don't go for the most predictable builds.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 am

Look, I don't mean to be rude but . . . I get tired of people complaining things are OP. Every time one of these "OP" things get nerfed, another "OP" weapon/ring takes its place (or people complain about the nerf). The game is what it is. Taking lag out of the equation, everything has a weakness and can be dodged.

Instead of complaining how powerful it is, how about we come together and come up with strategies to overcome it?
    Lulzee
    Lulzee

Post by Lulzee Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 am

I'm fairly new to PvP. I've only been doing it for a little over a week and perhaps it's just me but dark magic I didn't find too hard to avoid. Sure, lag can cause problems but that can be applied to any aspect of the game whether it be getting backstabbed or simply getting pancaked by a Dragon's Tooth. Pursuers, I roll, DB, I roll, as goes for all magics. Before, it was ninja flipping fatties, WoG and glitching. Now, it's supposedly Dark Magic. I understand fat rolling could make this a little tougher but since you're a fat roller I presume you have high vitality and some sort of shield which should help. Just my opinion that things seem to be the most balanced as it's been.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 am

Ah people whining about more stuff. Magic is finally viable in PvP, so yeah, it's supposed to kill you. Lag you say? Well, lagstabs exist and there's no way around that, so just because there's lag there shouldn't be backstabs? That's ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:53 pm