Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
PlasticandRage
BeeSeaEss
NinesVoerman
DMC
Avenger649
Sloth9230
OrnsteinBro
TheMeInTeam
SlakeMoth
Sentiel
billy_bayonet
Ghadis_God
Glutebrah
BIG TIME MASTER
jankenneth_10
VinheimProfessor
defacto
Tomhet
Odinbear
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
steveswede
Seignar
aceluby
Forum Pirate
MasterofShadows
Back Lot Basher
Rynn
Isirith
Emergence
Everynevers
Trym
Juutas
Nybbles
The Letter X
XachAttack
Jester's Tears
RANT
callipygias
Sciarry
Gazman0169
46 posters

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is? Empty So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Dark Magic being too overpowered?

Lag in PvP?

How about the rise of the Modding Nation?

Or maybe, just maybe, it's the seemingly endless stream of threads on messageboards such as this one that constantly moan and btch about something perfectly legit in the game, until it reaches the point where the Games Developer is left with no other option but to nerf/buff the crapola out of it in order to silence the discontent, when all that was really needed was a little PPD on our part (patience, practice, and determination).

IMHO this wiki is a double-edged sword, on the one hand it can be an invaluable source of knowledge, but on the other by giving us all the opportunity to voice our concerns so openly it has arguably done more harm to this game than the Dragon Head glitch and the Bottomless Box glitch combined ever would.

Think, before you moan, because once something has been patched there is no going back!

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is? Empty Re: So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

Post by Sciarry Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Invulnerable invaders.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is? Empty Re: So what do you think the number one thing wrecking Dark Souls is?

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 pm

No such thing. More like inexperienced Hosts. Unless you're talking about modders, in which case by all accounts they are few and far between, and so IMHO are hardly worth wasting any time worrying about.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Dark Souls is magnificently un-wrecked. I'm learning to roll with the changes, so nerfs and Dark Magic and stuff like that, when introduced, are all fine. The combat in Dark Souls is so much better than anything else I've played that I'm willing to adapt to pretty much anything.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

People are the ones ruining the game imo.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Divine Blessings, Masks, Dark Magic, GANERKS, Great Shield + DEMON'S SPEAR, Stun-Lock...

Was i supposed to say just One? WELL PICK ONE.

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Noticed i worte ''Shield'' wrong. And i probably deserved that -1.)
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:13 pm

@call... Is it? RoF, CRS, IF, etc, etc, all ruined because of needless and endless moaning.

@Rant... I couldn't agree with you more.

@Jester... All of which can be overcome with a little PPD, none of the things you mention could be considered to be game breaking, and so I fail to see what your point is.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 pm

From needs to stop listening to us >_> it's clear we're idiots. Like Gaz said, we just need to chill out and give everything time.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@call... Is it? RoF, CRS, IF, etc, etc, all ruined because of needless and endless moaning.

@Rant... I couldn't agree with you more.

@Jester... All of which can be overcome with a little PPD, none of the things you mention could be considered to be game breaking, and so I fail to see what your point is.

NO ONE EVER SEES MY POINT ;_; Bah, Just things i find to be either Annyoing or Fun-Killers. Also Buffs.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:27 pm

@Jester... Then try to be more clearer! silly
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@call... Is it? RoF, CRS, IF, etc, etc, all ruined because of needless and endless moaning.
    They were changed, Gaz, not ruined. We don't even know why they were changed. The PvP community assumes it's their voice that causes all the changes, but there's zero proof of this as far as I know. I'd expect Fromsoft makes changes based on their own experiences playing the game.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 pm

I think the thing ruining the game is people trying to limit other people. We'll never get better if we just tag something as unacceptable and run away from it.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:49 pm

RantFromRant wrote:People are the ones ruining the game imo.

because some people are jerks.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:49 pm

The lack of moustache...it creeps into my thoughts everyday.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:17 pm

@call... I beg to differ, they were ruined, especially when it comes to using them in PvP. And with all due respect it's a bit niave for you to say that the PvP community has not in some way forced these changes, as each and every one of them has come on the back of months of constant moaning on forums such as this one. Added to which you've got to remember that when it comes to the Soul games there is a past history of strong fan interaction when it comes to post release development, whereby when the DeS Black Phantom Edition was released it included an absolutely amazing Strategy Guide compiled by the Editors of the fan supported Wiki. Knowing this do you honestly believe that with the release of DkS the Game Developer would not have had a well trained eye on it's corresponding Wiki, and that given the rapid rise in popularity they are still not watching us intently?

@The Letter X... My point exactly, very well put. twisted

@Juutas... Agreed, but I would extend this to all facial hair, as I was trying to make a Hellboy build the other day, and no matter what I did it just didn't look right without the massive sideburns. lol
    Trym
    Trym

Post by Trym Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Juutas wrote:The lack of moustache...it creeps into my thoughts everyday.

This is so true! Facial hair should always be an option in games where you can customize your character. It hurts a little each time I make a new character and there is no beard nor mustache to be had sad
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 pm

@Trym... Luv the Avatar! twisted
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Funny, Gaz, I'd call it naive to assume they're listening to us.

Regarding the idea that the changes they've made have been aligned to community complaints I have to say, well, yeah, but only because the community complains about every ****ing thing there is. It'd be pretty hard for them to miss that mark.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Petitions
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

@call... Not at all, first rule of business listen to your customer base. As for your other point, I agree that there is too much moaning and btching, but for me it's too much of a coincidence that the things that are moaned and btched about the most are the ones that are being nerfed/buffed.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 pm

@Everynevers... Pretty much. Or putting in another way too much moaning and btching about things that don't need to be moaned and btched about! twisted
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@Everynevers... Pretty much. Or putting in another way too much moaning and btching about things that don't need to be moaned and btched about! twisted

THERES A QUOTE BUTTON.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

??? You're being too criptic again! :suspect:

If I get you right, my response to that would be- why would I hit the quote button when a simple @... works just as well when it comes to posting a reply?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@call... Not at all, first rule of business listen to your customer base. As for your other point, I agree that there is too much moaning and btching, but for me it's too much of a coincidence that the things that are moaned and btched about the most are the ones that are being nerfed/buffed.
    Thanks for the business tip, lol. The Fromsoft part of Dark Souls is more art than business in my mind, they're gonna do what they think best, and they won't be swayed by whining masses unless they research it and decide it's right for Dark Souls. Judging from the way they make their games I'm not worried about them being swayed by player complaints without giving it LOTS of thought/testing.

Assuming From reads English-based forums at all I'm sure they're smart enough to take the complaints for what they're worth. If you think Capcom is behind it then... well, I'm sure you don't think that.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 pm

The answer is nothing. This game is a magnificent cornucopia of options that gives every player the unprecedented freedom to play the game in their own way and style. It is the platform for limitless creativity and even personal expression in regards to pvp and pve both. Rather than applying a narrow perspective of one's own wants, it is much better to consider all this game provides to so many others who think and act differently.

I think the reason people complain at all, is that unlike few other games, this one actually fits so snugly and gives so much that people begin to think it can satisfy and be all things to them.

Individuals should be mindful that any game will ultimately have certain limitations. It may not give everyone their vision of perfection, and improvement should always be the goal, but that is a certain far cry from being wrecked.

Maybe after considering all that, we'll lose words like tryhards, trolls, spammers, fishers, honour brigade, gankers etc. and we'll just enjoy the world for the splendor it provides.

People need to chill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:34 pm