Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Resistance Stat

CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Resistance Stat Empty Resistance Stat

Post by CrackSouls Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 am

Is it actually THAT useless? I always avoided it since it seemed that way, but I'm making a Dragon build and I thought maybe it'd be worth it. I'm SL91 right now, and I finished putting my stats everywhere else needed.

But now that my level is so high I noticed the Resistance stat increase raises everything by 1... LIKE EVERY OTHER STAT DOES. WTF!?!? It only does the extra point (raise Def. by 2 instead of 1) at lower levels!?

Is there any one who can say if it makes a difference at 40 points? 'Cause if I raised it to 40 I'd be at exactly SL120 which is perfect. Or should I just put it into Vitality instead?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Resistance Stat Empty Re: Resistance Stat

Post by meridam99 Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 am

I have never put a point in to resistance ever.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:37 am

I think I can answer your questions but I am going to want to find the thread that had the info for what I am about to say to make sure I'm not just leading you on.

Resistance is mostly a useless stat however I recently learned lighter armor benefits more from the defense you get from it and the defense bonus from humanity.

Yes to diminishing returns, I personally don't know when this change happens, I speculate SL40-60 but that's the other issue of it.

My personal feelings are put them into VIT or something else, if you wish to wait I'm sure someone who plays with dragons can answer your questions more. I'll see if I can find that thread about resistance, can't remember it's name but I'll PM you the link.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks White Knight! I am not touching a level until I know more. But I am seriously still shocked. Why even put it in the game?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:52 am

Having some weird connection issues, I found this but it's not the exact piece I was looking for.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t592-armor-resistance-and-weapon-damage-detailed
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:59 am

Whknight wrote:Having some weird connection issues, I found this but it's not the exact piece I was looking for.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t592-armor-resistance-and-weapon-damage-detailed

Great stuff! But the thread ends with people saying they need to test it out. Bahahaha. I'm now looking through old threads too, let me know if you see something! Please and thank you.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 am

Ok this is the one I was thinking of but I swore it went on a few pages about it. https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t749-need-help-with-resistance-build?highlight=Resistance

Honestly play it how you want to~
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 am

THANK YOU. If I could up your reputation more than once I would!

Now I have the interesting choice of making this decision... I wish there was a decent calc out there for this. Especially since I'm going to SL120 which might lower the Resistance buff significantly.

Last edited by CrackSouls on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too short)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:31 am