Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
callipygias
raecor14
Marino.
ublug
Rynn
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Rarayn
XachAttack
ChizFreak
14 posters

WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Empty WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 am

WTF!?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Empty Re: WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:03 am

o_O What?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Empty Re: WTF, seriously! Talisman of Lloyd in front of Bed of Chaos (baby)!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 am

XachAttack wrote:o_O What?

When I reach the "baby" of Bed of Chaos, there was a Talisman of Lloyd on the ground in front of him. It had the bag icon. WTF man? This reminds me of that time people said things about a Talisman of Lloyd appearing in front of Sif.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 am

Oh, that lol. That's never happened to me before, but something similar has.

I was running through Anor Londo, reaching that room with the two stronger versions of the Giant Guards and found a LLoyd's talisman near the big door you can open with that switch. No-one had invaded me prior to so it couldn't have been dropped.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 am

I've seen a couple of Lloyd's Talisman dropped in areas there shouldn't be any too. Also, the first time I fought Gaping Dragon, there was a Gold Coin outside his fog gate after I had killed him. Had never been invaded on that character, so no idea where it came from.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 am

Pretty sure that they're drift items that havent become vagrants yet.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 am

That's an interesting theory, Dough.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 am

Were these items showing before the latest round of patches? Perhaps the vagrant mechanics are broken.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:57 am

Mine showed up SEVERAL months ago, so it can't be relevant to the recent patch.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 am

I've found random loydes talismans in the Catacombs, Anor Londo, and Lower Undead Burg before. I've never given them much thought though.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:07 am

I'm guessing the boss area talismans spawns from online players with 99 humanity, when they can't pick up the humanity drop after the boss is defeated. But why always a lloyds talisman?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 am

Perhaps it was a Vagrant that got Killed by the Bosses attacks ?
    I never met a Vagrant so i dont know though
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 am

it may be that a lloids talisman is the closest thing in the game's item directory?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Unlike both types of vagrants the random Lloyds and Prism Stone drops don't seem to have specific spawn points. I've encounted one on the first New Londo Ruins bridge, and one near Laurentius's spot at Firelink, neither of which are vagrant spots.

If they're related to lost bloodstains it seems like maybe they occur where the actual stain was.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 pm

You can find prism stones in rabdom areas too. Youvcan pick them up, like lloyds.

Also found titanite shards and rubbish...

I once dropped a humanity, and after I died and respawned, a lloyd talisman was there.

After I dropped over 50 weapons in parish to spawn vagrants, a small totanite was there.

Yup..
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 pm

A few minutes ago I found a bag containing a titanite shard next to the bonfire in oolacile township. Before that I was trying to be summoned for artorias, and while waiting I dropped 1 prism stone, 1 purple moss, and 1 red moss. After the kalameet fight I warped to anor londo and bought some twinkling titanite, then warped from the main anor londo bonfire back to township, and the bag was there when I spawned.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 pm

The item drops are yet to be discovered as to... why.

Either way. drops showing up in the world are not rare... you may find them randomly in the world, especially those of high circuit with people.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 pm

??? Of course they're rare. People can play 1,000 hours not seeing one. They're hardly unheard of, but definitely rare.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:40 pm

I saw over 13 vagrants, 20 different drops (most prisms, but some rubbish, humanity, and others without online phantoms/spirits coming), and I have yet to play over 1,000 hours. I have not reached 900 yet.

:estus:
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Maybe so, but that's far, far, FAR from the norm.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Maybe Lady Luck has been kind to me...

Do you believe in Lady Luck? You need it as a Gravelord, see. Travel the world, find sacks and **** across Lordran. Finding Vagrants, In New Londo, painted World, Parish, Lost Izalith, Tomb of Giants, Royal Forest, and so on... Catacombs too.

Where else? Some vagrants showed up a lot in the same spots I saw them before.

Hm... I also cursed myself as a Gravelord a lot, somehow.

:bas: I blame Jimmy.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote: Some vagrants showed up a lot in the same spots I saw them before.
    That's pretty much the only way they do bidness.

Apparently the drop items are different that way; maybe not tied to vagrants at all.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:06 pm

I know.

Vagrants have certain spawn points, similar to red/blue/dragon invaders.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Do you believe in Lady Luck? You need it as a Gravelord, see.
    The only vagrant I've seen (while farming new londo) appeared on the run after I got a 'gravelord servant defeated' message, there could be a connection.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Conspiracy!

Anyways... Mummies with Spaghetti look delicious. Never had aged meat before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:43 pm