Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
robsthedon
MalevolenceK
passivefamiliar
PlasticandRage
lextune
cloudyeki
reim0027
barrywilkins
LunarFog
billy_bayonet
Rarayn
Avenger649
mocizzle
17 posters

how to avoid tranquil walk of peace?

mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

how to avoid tranquil walk of peace? Empty how to avoid tranquil walk of peace?

Post by mocizzle Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:56 pm

I can't seem to find a counter to it...
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

how to avoid tranquil walk of peace? Empty Re: how to avoid tranquil walk of peace?

Post by Avenger649 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Run away from it?
    It only lasts for 10 seconds (or about that) so you can just run away from it.
    Or you could backstab the host while they are casting it.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

how to avoid tranquil walk of peace? Empty Re: how to avoid tranquil walk of peace?

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm

I've read that when people bow down to cast miracles like those, they're in headshot height for throwing knives. Tried that?
    mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mocizzle Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Throwing knives don't do anything lol and i do run but they always catch me if i use a medium roll build, and i refuse to accept that the only counter to it is using a faster roll build
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:07 pm

unlock and pivot parry there noobish BS attempt or if they spam wog.....well ya no
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Unless they changed it can't you just roll like usual?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 pm

you have never been able to roll with twop....it acts like you have 100%+ equip burden while you are caught in it
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm

1.cast iron flesh. make that twop completely useless by inviting them to engage you in melee.

2. run, run as fast you can.

3. aoe spells such as firestorm/gravesword lord of the dance.

4. kicking.

5. backstabbing.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Don't forget GC. And, it is kinda funny to cast TWoP yourself. Or, better yet, whip out a Stone Greatsword and cast it - your's will last longer.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 pm

My personal favorite, own the area! Cast an AoE, parry them, use a dead angling weapon and create a 360 area of death around yourself!
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Fire Tempest.
    Wrath Of Gods
    Your own TW
    Run away
    Swing any horizontal weapon
    Backstab
    Stand there and parry their ***
    Great Combustion
    Black Flame
    Force
    Kick
    ......so many options. silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 am

barrywilkins wrote:1.cast iron flesh. make that twop completely useless by inviting them to engage you in melee.

This is what I was going to say. I tried it on a whim for the first time the other night, and it worked really well. It's like ultra tanking and your opponent lures themselves into it.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 am

Lots of options. Depending on which character i'm using. I either, swing a weapon with a horizontal swing. Or use an AOE spell. Anything works from wrath of god or force. To the fire tempest/storms. Or even the dragon greataxe 2h r2 attack may work very well. Never used it, but seems like a good option. Or for mages any of the homing soul spells would work fairly well.

The idea of using the stone giant TWOP spell sounds amazing. Never thought to do that. Talk about trolling. I may have to swap out for that on my strength build for a bit.

If all else fails, just back away. Don't roll. Just shield up and back yourself into a wall/corner to avoid the backstab they most likely are going for.
    mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mocizzle Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:16 am

these are all good answers, but what happened to me was the guy kept spamming w.o.g right? Even though i had 77 poise it staggered me, then he just waited for the stagger to finish and bam casted it again, he was at a larger distance than my swing radius, and even though i used a crest shield 2 hits broke the guard.... he had like 9 casts too lol so what could i have done in that situation?
    MalevolenceK
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MalevolenceK Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 am

havels greatshield?

thats the only thing that i can think of that would have saved you there
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 am

mocizzle wrote:these are all good answers, but what happened to me was the guy kept spamming w.o.g right? Even though i had 77 poise it staggered me, then he just waited for the stagger to finish and bam casted it again, he was at a larger distance than my swing radius, and even though i used a crest shield 2 hits broke the guard.... he had like 9 casts too lol so what could i have done in that situation?

If he had you backed against something like that, and you didn't have any kind of spell to counter him, I don't think there was much you could do. If he had low poise a good strong projectile might have helped though. I've been using my +15 Heavy Crossbow to stun lighter toons when they try to cast. Works pretty well if I'm quick about it. Outside of that, there are some spells that could have helped you there if you can use them. Obviously Vow of Silence, or WoGing right back, one of the pyro AoE's or Gravelord SD might have helped if you could manage to get it off in time, although they're slow to cast and if he already had you backed up against a wall and was chaining WoG you probably wouldn't have been able to get one off. If you were wedged against a wall a higher tier great shield might have done the trick. Havel's, Artorias's, Cleansing, and the Stone GSh, all have very high magic reduction and stability. I've blocked several WoG's in pretty quick succession with my Havel's before and taken pretty minimal damage. If you can't currently use any of these things, and you're really concerned about it happening again, maybe a change in tactics is in order.

Just out of curiosity, are you playing on the PSN? Because I fought a troll the other night that did the same thing to me, and seemed to have an infinite store of casts. I'm pretty sure he was glitching. It's all he was doing, and pretty much all he had. Every time I broke through it I took him to school, until he managed to start getting off WoG's again and forced me to back off.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 am

Get your back to a wall, if they come at your with wep try to parry, if they use a spell and you haven't got a good shield you are probably history.

I was TWoP 'd last night, the dude followed it up with pursuers WTF
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 pm

You can parry WoG, keeps most of the damage off and saves you from stagger
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:24 pm

heck if i know ur build but use a great bow o-o boom problems solved or a counter spell like pursuers :I
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Step 1: Notice guy kneeling down to cast TWoP
    Step 2: Casually stroll behind him.
    Step 3: Backstab him.

Repeat this either until he is dead, or stops trying to cast TWoP.
    Mr.Pickle
    Mr.Pickle

Post by Mr.Pickle Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:47 pm

robsthedon wrote:Get your back to a wall, if they come at your with wep try to parry, if they use a spell and you haven't got a good shield you are probably history.

I was TWoP 'd last night, the dude followed it up with pursuers WTF

Someone tried to do that to me in the forest earlier today. I had to run away to get rid of twop, and then had to roll into him to get rid of pursuers...its such an evil strategy.
    mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mocizzle Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 am

na i am on xbox, haha i was pretty far from him when he casted so then i tried to make a run for it but he was one of those 0 poise guys so he quickly caught me, it's ok i guess because recently again i got hit with twop and just hit the guy with a parry to end it really the only thing that i cant stop is that w.o.g/ dark bead spam since i usually just roll bs them... especially in the arena lol there is NO where to run in the arena and people usually cast it when they are still in the cage so yea... a little cheap, i guess keeping a talisman ready for counter w.o.g is the best thing to do
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Dark Bead

I have a pure caster build that I take to the forest and there were 3 guys against me, so the host casted TWOP in the typical forest gank nature, but I had to laugh because I just waited for him to go for the backstab and he took a Dark Bead to the face followed up by a WotG spam for his buddies. Took out all three in about 10 sec.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:29 am