Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
mr_no_face
Raem
Tolvo
steveswede
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Fotitudo
DE5PA1R
Nybbles
raecor14
Seignar
Zakkia
Major_kenny
>Brave<
Spurgun
Rarayn
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Slarg232
21 posters

Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS.

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS. Empty Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS.

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:38 pm

So what items do you guys think were worthless in DkS? I am just trying to get a list going so as in case From looks here, they can look at said items and try to not make the same mistake twice:

Sanctus Sheild: Incomplete blocking ability for 2 health per second. This is honestly worthless, as the health gain isn't nearly large enough to negate the 5% damage. Just an overall failed design.

Your turn.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS. Empty Re: Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Alluring Skull.

Worthless in PvP and not even purchasable off of merchants so as to make it equally useless in PvE.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS. Empty Re: Weapons, Sheilds, Items, that just feel wrong in DkS.

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Binoculars; why do I need to see far away when I can't do anything from that distance, not to mention that most things are either fully visible or around the corner anyway.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Alluring Skull.

Worthless in PvP and not even purchasable off of merchants so as to make it equally useless in PvE.
    The Female Undead Merchant sells infinite supplies of them.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Never knew that.

I probably should have because I buy arrows and items from her a lot. I guess it just speaks to the uselessness of the item that I never even noticed them in her inventory. silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Tiny being's ring, Acid surge and the Darksign.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Mail breaker & great swords after 1.06

Using a great sword now is far too risky in PvE since the massive delay between each swing leaves you wide open. Weaker and slower than ultra great swords; actually switched to using those over normal GS.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Ring of the Evil Eye is also here, I beleive; 30 health is nothing when enemies hit you for 200.... It should really just give you a % of the health of whatever you just killed. Means it's useful for more than just those times you're fighting three enemies instead of one.
    Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Major_kenny Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 pm

grass crest shield, mask of the child and clorithy ring (sorry if didn't spell it correctly) - almost doesnt raise stamina recovery lol

tiny beings ring - more 5% of health really?

dusk crown - half the hp, as good as cursed (literaly, since when cursed you can't be human, but you can hit ghosts)

spider shield/bloodshield - dont raise any significant resistance

sanctus as said before

darksign since it is the same as suicide lol
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Id disagree on grass crest shield, that thing increased my regen instensly, however i agree with the health regen in this dks1, it was absolutely horrid compared to Demons souls.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Yet it was still more balanced than in Demon Souls. Honestly, regen shouldn't have been in this game. The estus system can't support endless healing. What they should have done was change the parry button to a special regen move that cost durability.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:32 pm

The demons souls grass system was worse, having 99 on me at all times made me OP, therefore id agree with you there, perhaps make healing items that have durability, but then again, there should be some sort of regen like life steal etc if your throwing in less healing.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 am

boss weapons (in general)
    the heavy roll
    the pendant ahahaha
    and i'm going to say light shields
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:09 pm

the human or hallow system Dark should go back to the Demon's human or phantom way of doing things.

items that provide a huge boost or buff should come with a penalty or sacrifice when you use them.

fewer healing items that return full or near full health and more/better health regeneration consumables and spells. forget items like shields or rings that give health regeneration. though i do like the health stealing items, but they need to be more effective. and for gawds sake, no divine blessings!

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 pm

As long as there are no item glitches (like BB glitch) then we should be fine when it comes to divine blessings etc. I find them fine, i dont use them, but if my opponent does, it just raises the challenge, or simply makes them live a few seconds longer silly haha. Also, hollow form will prob still be in this one, due to the fact it is still in the dks universe.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Zakkia wrote:Also, hollow form will prob still be in this one, due to the fact it is still in the dks universe.

i'm sure we will still have a human or hollow form, i just preferred the way FROM went about it in Demon's Souls. when hollowed or in phantom form, you had half health and did more damage. also when you died in human form the enemies got tougher. i would like something like this in Dark Souls II, where being hollow actually meant something so players would have more incentive to try and stay in human form and dying while human had a greater impact.

on a side note, i also want more variety and less duplication of items and spell effects. how many fire storms do we need? why do we have both magic and enchanted or divine and occult upgrade paths? having more options that are all essentially the same isn't actually giving me more options. i'm totally okay with having fewer spells or upgrade paths or even items if it meant that they actually did something different.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Occult was originally for life gain, divine was for killing undead, however the life gain wasnt worth much haha silly and i agree with you on the hollow form. I loved the half health, it is similar to being cursed in dks. The only reason we have repeat items, is because of NG+ which shouldn't be changed, its fine the way it is.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 pm

+1 on the complaint that there were too many useless upgrade paths.

I'd love to see a weapon system where for the scaling stats (faith, int, etc) there were 2 paths: 1 for more damage and 1 for small damage + a benefit.

For example, at 44 Int you could have:
    A Magic Katana that dealt 200phys + 200mag damage
    or
    An Enchanted Katana that dealth 200phys + 100mag damage and regenerated your MP at X/sec

Divine weapons would regen HP, Quality might regen stamina or poise, etc. Yeah?
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm

The hammer-weapons, like the club. Ok they may be good, but it is just a club. Looks ugly as hell
    Smoughts Hammer and most of the strength weapons
    I hope in dark souls 2, from makes more good looking weapons
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:03 pm

personally i'd just like them to give hammers their demons souls movesets again, but only when one handed, two handed they'd have their current moveset to prevent infinite stunlock, also better looking hammers would be welcome as well, smoughs is actually really good, it even heals you when you land a hit, its main draw back is that its so huge it blocks your field of vision. any way back on topic:

remove extraneous catalysts (the izalith, beatrice and normal catalysts all have the same stats except for durability)
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:remove extraneous catalysts (the izalith, beatrice and normal catalysts all have the same stats except for durability)

There should be more of them in my mind. After all you want the most appropriate looking catalyst for your build or for when you're roll playing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Great Swords, I much prefer the style of them in Demon's. While the slowing of the swing was a nice direction to add they still should swing even slower. In fact you can probably remove the whole UGS slot, and just make them Great Swords. Because UGS are more useful than simply GS as is.

Shields, they need to be held like an actual person would hold them. The characters would break their arms.

I'd actually like it for blocking with weapons to be a bit more useful than it is.

Maybe adding some new thrown weapons to spice it up a bit, like a throwing axe or spear. Just for the sake of variety and nothing else really.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:57 pm

speaking of movesets from Demon's, it seemed that chaining combos was allot more satisfying in Demon's, the animations from R1 into an R2 seemed much more fluid for most of the weapons.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Tolvo wrote:Great Swords, I much prefer the style of them in Demon's. While the slowing of the swing was a nice direction to add they still should swing even slower. In fact you can probably remove the whole UGS slot, and just make them Great Swords. Because UGS are more useful than simply GS as is.

Shields, they need to be held like an actual person would hold them. The characters would break their arms.

I'd actually like it for blocking with weapons to be a bit more useful than it is.

Maybe adding some new thrown weapons to spice it up a bit, like a throwing axe or spear. Just for the sake of variety and nothing else really.

Id have to disagree with you there silly i was a BIG GS and UGS user is Ds and Dks, finding that they are quite useful weapons, sure i had other builds, but primarily From wants us to have more variety in choices of weapons. Which i am glad there is more. But i do get your point happy
    Raem
    Raem
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Raem Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Are we talking calamity Ring?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:39 pm