Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Saturday-Saint
messremb
aceluby
Shkar
Derpwraith
Reaperfan
ComaPrison
Seignar
Fossil
Serious_Much
LordZaibek
Slarg232
Rin
Kyōkai
Wintercatalyst
Forum Pirate
Zeta Prime
Syllathax
Acarnatia
MasterofShadows
Johnthethird
Mr. Tart
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
Sloth9230
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
mr_no_face
32 posters

For MAGIC LOVERS

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

For MAGIC LOVERS  - Page 2 Empty Re: For MAGIC LOVERS

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 am

OMG GREAT IDEA! I love illusion spells in RPG's....dunno how it would fit into DKS though but a badass suggestion
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:OMG GREAT IDEA! I love illusion spells in RPG's....dunno how it would fit into DKS though but a badass suggestion

It could fit, Pinwheel does something similar afterall.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 am

Well, here's my list of spells:
    Summon Hollow: Summon a basic undead to fight for you for X amount of time
    Summon Skeleton: Summon a skeleton to fight for you for X amount of time
    Mass Undead Rapport: control several undead with a radius for X amount of time
    Curse Self: become incorporeal like ghosts for a period of time. Perhaps can be balanced by the following:
    reduce movement speed while affected
    can only use cursed weapons while affected
    constantly increase curse build up and cannot reduce build-up while affected
    False Wall: creates an illusionary wall that disappears upon striking; usually fools enemies
    Create Obstacle: creates a temporary object that cannot be broken (such as a boulder) for X amount of time
    Syllathax
    Syllathax

Post by Syllathax Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 am

Definitely think it would be cool to have a counterpart to Pyromancy in terms of elemental magic... Miracles had lightning spells I guess, but it would also be pretty cool to have frost magic or even earth magic depending on how they were implemented...

But really, more spells that aren't a crapshoot in PVP like homing soulmass or soul spear, and please nothing like dark magic.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 am

Wind magic = extreme cliff trolling lol

Frost magic may have a raging outcome of pissed of players who cant move or are incompasitated (spell check) by frozen joints making them move slower

illusion spells YES the hidden weapon deal was cool but didn't work on all the weapons it was rather dull. The repair spell should have more than just one use I'm not saying unlimited but more than 1! i really like the disguise spell. and the duplication of false players would be great.

All the magic shoudl be a game of rock paper scissors but not necessarily as DEFINITE as that one shouldn't outright better than the other just they all should have their perks to defending against or slightly overcoming the challenge of the other types and stat dependence should go deeper with the magic ( and magic enhanced weapons discuss in weapon thread)
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:08 pm

water spells
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

No faith damage spells. None. All healing and self buffs. Increased stamina regen rate, extra damage reduction, possibley a spell that leaves you with one health after an otherwise fatal blow (a 1 cast 1 per character spell obviously.) That type of stuff, and limit it to faith spells (ie no green blossom like items that could detract from faiths usefulness.

Int is all ranged damage/stealth/utility. Much as it is now, but more variety in damage spells.

I'd also like to see debilitation magic as its own type. things like adding poison or reduce enemy stamina regen rate, decrease enemy defenses, cutting stats, decreasing movement speed (not like twop), draining their spell casts.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:No faith damage spells. None. All healing and self buffs. Increased stamina regen rate, extra damage reduction, possibley a spell that leaves you with one health after an otherwise fatal blow (a 1 cast 1 per character spell obviously.) That type of stuff, and limit it to faith spells (ie no green blossom like items that could detract from faiths usefulness.

Int is all ranged damage/stealth/utility. Much as it is now, but more variety in damage spells.

I'd also like to see debilitation magic as its own type. things like adding poison or reduce enemy stamina regen rate, decrease enemy defenses, cutting stats, decreasing movement speed (not like twop), draining their spell casts.

Considering you can only use one self buff at a time and that most opponents wouldn't let you heal anyways, wouldn't that leave faith builds pretty much screwed? They'd just be melee builds with weaker stats. Unless you mean no new offensive spells.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Increase the cast speed and duration of self buffs and how would say a 120 second 30% increase to stamina regen rate or a 60 second 40% physical damage reduction be useless?.

The idea would be that faith is all about survivability through durability, int is all about uber magic damage. The magic less builds would be about versatility and pure physical damage, a weapon for every situation and their melee weapons hit harder than those with heavy magic investment.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Because I can pace my attacks and because I have a shield.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Many weapons work best without a shield, and no one can stop every attack. An improved ability to use stamina consuming actions is never bad as it lets you control the pace of the match, and similarly damage reduction is useful, more so with weapons like maces and axes that work best in both hands or like bows that require both hands.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Forum Pirate... video games didn't invent the idea of divine wrath and holy fire.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I didn't say they did. Even a little. I simply said what I would like to see from magic. That is the point of the thread.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Considering Wog has survived 2 games I doubt it's planning leaving anytime soon.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I didn't say they did. Even a little. I simply said what I would like to see from magic. That is the point of the thread.
    I'm aware that its not likey, neither is necromancy or the hope that non scaling weapons will go away.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I didn't say they did. Even a little. I simply said what I would like to see from magic. That is the point of the thread.
    I'm aware that its not likey, neither is necromancy or the hope that non scaling weapons will go away.

I don't see why necrmancy is unlikely, there are necrmancers in the game afterall. Maybe it being an entire area of magic is unlikley, but I don't think the spells getting placed in already existing areas is (undead rapport for example.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Necromancy in the raise the dead sense seems unlikely. The mob ai is horrid why would someone want to rely on it? Decent ai is complex, so its not likely to improve much. Thus from doesn't put in a mechanic dependant on a low quality aspect of their game to function.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Miracles and such buffs should have an AoE so it buffs your phantoms with you. advances the co-op forward.The great heal excerpt or whichever one is the only magic that affects other players than the caster in a positive way. that should change a little
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Necromancy Raising the dead would be a lesser spell of course the AI isn't the best but when playing offline or as hallow its better to have some allies than none
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm

It would be cool if they pulled it off, don't get me wrong, but its farfetched imo. Especially as its own school. For the same reason undead raport is mostly useless.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 pm

well think of some of the "useless" things in Dark Souls as a beta test. Thats what most game designers do they put a lot of good ideas moderately executed and put them out there to weed out the weak and bring out the strong concepts. That's what little big planet did with one and then made 2 so much more amazing. <-- Little Big Planeteer x) expert creator*
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:00 pm

I want the banishment miracle back from Demon's Souls. lol

mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 pm

nothing like awaiting your invader to turn the corner only to get banished when you're not in the mood to deal with that garbage lol
    Wintercatalyst
    Wintercatalyst

Post by Wintercatalyst Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:13 am

I'd like some necromancy similar to that reaper type figure in demon's souls when he summons endless soul things, instead of a summon, you can get a animated soul npc to help you at the cost of souls. I also thought, what about we implement bloodstains more?
    For example, imagine you die, you bloodstain travels through servers like a summon sign until you regain your souls, necromancers can raise you from the dead with all you souls to help fight the boss, in which you receive have the souls like normal.
    necromancy could also have you use bodies you killed reanimated for a time.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 am

How about magic that allows you to materialize the likes of Soul Spears and Lightning Spears in your hands and use them as close combat weapons that offer pure magic/lightning/fire damage?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:28 am