Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
ak1287
Isirith
BartholomewWenceslas
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
Nybbles
RANT
Infighter
Juutas
Sentiel
Shindori
15 posters

About the new Souls director...

OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

About the new Souls director... - Page 2 Empty Re: About the new Souls director...

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:59 am

Sentiel wrote:Instead of hating/loving the new director, I would rather know why isn't Miyazaki director anymore. He seemd to do one hell of a job so far, so why fix something, that clearly isn't broken?

I agree. That's the main thing that irks me- plus, his response isn't satisfactory either.

Japanese internal company culture is dirty as hell, and I have a feeling that he is being forced to say 'sometimes I might like working on games with warmer atmospheres' to cover up for Bamco giving him the the boot.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

About the new Souls director... - Page 2 Empty Re: About the new Souls director...

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Im not going to lie... im really worried. But we have nothing to REALLY judge the game upon thus far. This new director could make or break the souls series... and if he does break it lets all have hope that they give it back to Miyazaki who has made two of the best games for us to enjoy.. That being said we can't change what has happened, so.. lets all give this new guy a chance
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 pm

I have to point out, while RE did actually change for the worse and for no good reason, DMC changed because the theme of "dante is invincible suck it" was getting old. Its DBZ syndrome, which is terrible story telling. Remember DMC 4, because I don't. It was dmc 3, again. It had no purpose, one can play DMC 3 and get all the same stuff. It needed a change.

I don't think the soul series was at the point where change was necessary, and change for its own sake is usually bad, change was inevitable and the director could do quite well. miyuzaki is still on the team to, and its his brain child so I'm sure whatever change does come, he will work to keep the core of the series intact through it. That is where many fail (RE, NFS, FF 11,12,14, sonic) but we probably shouldn't assume because others have failed that he will to. Especially when many have succeeded and survived like the earlier FF games, SSX, CoD, Zelda, mario and gran turismo. They changed, and the newer games are still good.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:miyuzaki is still on the team to, and its his brain child so I'm sure whatever change does come, he will work to keep the core of the series intact through it.

Pretty sure ENB has a quote that said Miyazaki will not be involved in the game at all.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:48 pm

He was listed as a supervisor in the stikyed thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:05 am