Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Trym
Acarnatia
CaptanSpudsy
EeAyEss
Sloth9230
passivefamiliar
LunarFog
OmarTheFuzzy
Soris Ice Goldwing
exod FEAR
Carpercen
Alocas
ViralEnsign_
mr_no_face
18 posters

For those who wanna talk ARMOR and EQUIPMENT

MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

For those who wanna talk ARMOR and EQUIPMENT - Page 2 Empty Re: For those who wanna talk ARMOR and EQUIPMENT

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Acarnatia wrote:First, I think you mean "I couldn't care less". If you "could care less" then that means that you can care less because you actually care; if you can't, then you don't care whatsoever and thus can't care any less. A lot of people say that incorrectly.
    The technological level used in the Soul Series is normally is a mix of VERY late in the Medieval Ages, or in the Renaissance-even some things are from the Early Modern Period, such as Zweihanders. At the point that a LOT of the weapons and armor that appear in the Soul Series exist, Viking gear is just obsolete; the lengths, piercing capabilities, hilt designs and so on all just weren't as effective as the other weapons we already see in the games; that's why they weren't used in those times. Using Norse and Viking gear in an age with full-plate armor, bastard swords and pikes is the equivalent of using a pistol and a cloth helmet in trench warfare-it will usually get you killed, and it NEVER gives the advantage.
    And I have no problem with there being a Norse influence and/or having Norse elements; in fact, I really enjoy the mix of cultures present in the game. That's how I prefer it to stay; an equal mix, not focused on just one ethnic group.

That's the beauty of the fantasy-genre, as opposed to the science fiction genre. In fantasy, you don't have to adhere to all the "rules of realism". You can bend things, and reconstruct your world so that it is actually plausible in that reality. The best thing they can do is continue to draw from different cultures, because that would simply mean more variability in personal customization. I don't like Norse elements, personally, but I would absolutely love to see more Norse influence in some armor designs for the sake of variability and the satisfaction of my fellow players.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

For those who wanna talk ARMOR and EQUIPMENT - Page 2 Empty Re: For those who wanna talk ARMOR and EQUIPMENT

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I love those leather leg flaps the dude in the trailer has got on they are awesome.. i hope that it is a leggings armor piece because it would go so well with so many chest pieces.
    Nessima017
    Nessima017
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nessima017 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

I would like to get my character in the armor set the masked dudes in the trailer are using.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Nessima017 wrote:I would like to get my character in the armor set the masked dudes in the trailer are using.

Yes! Shy Guys, UNITE! For those who wanna talk ARMOR and EQUIPMENT - Page 2 639795459
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:05 pm

lol yessss
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:02 am

Big wall o' text below. Open up on your own risk.
    Spoiler:
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Drk was pretty close on armor weights, actually. Full-plate armor generally weighed upwards of about 40 lbs (with the Elite Knight set totaling in the 30's). The weapons were actually just a little heavy. (about 1.5 times their historic weight) What many people have a very mistaken idea of is the encumbrance of armor; the weight was so well distributed that the soldier was still pretty agile, being able to jump, run, and with enough practice, even swim while in full-plate armor. That being said, I hope to see more plain clothes (the lightest set is still something like 10 lbs. Those are heavy clothes!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:48 am