Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Deadmeat95
Darkson
6 posters

Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage?

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage? Empty Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage?

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Hello Forum!

This is my first playtrough (and first post :roll: ), and I just got the soul from that Fire Keeper in Anor Londo. I'm afraid of using it to uprade my flask because I noticed it has it's own unique description (Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess, Fire Keeper of Anor Londo...) instead of just the general (Soul of a long-lost Fire Keeper...) and therefore I was wondering if it could have a special usage later on just like Anastacia's and Quelaan's souls (who also have their special descriptions, of course) but couldn't find anything about this in the forums or elsewhere on the web. Maybe I'm just unable to do a proper research but I would be greatful if someone could help me clear that up!

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to correct some nonsense i wrote)
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage? Empty Re: Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage?

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Other then giving u 5 humanity when u use it it has no other purpose then to improve ur flask.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage? Empty Re: Fire Keeper Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess - special usage?

Post by Godless Servant Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Deadmeat95 wrote:Other then giving u 5 humanity when u use it it has no other purpose then to improve ur flask.
    have you tested this extensively? If you did would you kindly share what type of tests you did?

As far as I personally know there are still secrets to be discovered in the game and what they're related to or how they're discovered is anyone's guess.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Sry should of said to my knowledge.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Deadmeat95 wrote:Sry should of said to my knowledge.
    Yeah I'm not being a jerk I just don't want him to run off and use them in case he would have discovered something.. I'm also very curious what these secrets are that have yet to be discovered.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Are you sure? :shock: Hm, I may be the only one who ever wondered about that by now... no?

Anyway, I see no point in upgrading my flask by now because it seems to fill up my whole health no matter how less is left...

But by the way, in the wiki I read this: "Only one of each Fire Keeper Soul can be carried at a time, but one can also be stored in the Bottomless Box, making it possible to have a total of 14."

What does that mean? I'm not supposed to carry more than one keeper soul? What happens then if I have one in my inventory and try to pick up another one? I'm confused...

Last edited by Darkson on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Godless Servant wrote:
    Deadmeat95 wrote:Sry should of said to my knowledge.
    Yeah I'm not being a jerk I just don't want him to run off and use them in case he would have discovered something.. I'm also very curious what these secrets are that have yet to be discovered.

Yeah, that's why I just would want to keep it if possible.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Reading this makes me wonder what happens if you use one of the other souls for the firelink girl (brainfart, can't remember how to spell her name)

If you pick up something that you are capped on it becomes a dropped item. Done it with several consumable items and the binoculars, I feel safe enough the same will happen.
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Do you notice that, in the inventory... Fire Keeper Souls also dont stack each other. like for example other items like prism stones, purple moss, arrows. So there's probably something more to them than just for humanites and upgrade flusk. Hopefully a discovery of some sort will actually give some light to it. but thanks OP for the heads up.
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Post by C7081 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Drop it into the empty chest behind the darkmoon bonfire? Maybe thats the key to everything.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:24 pm

C7081 wrote:Drop it into the empty chest behind the darkmoon bonfire? Maybe thats the key to everything.

WOAH great idea actually! someone please try that out! lol

(i don't want to)

Which brings me to my next question: I read somewhere that in this empty chest the "Maiden Set" is supposed to be in, unless you have gone to the Duke's Archives first and acquired it from there. But I defeated Gwyndolin first and there was nothing in that chest... Why is that then? Well, not true what I read there I guess. silly So the mystery about the empty chest is actually unsolved??? Or was my game glitching?

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Heh this gonna into the new all dark souls secrets thread :p
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Whknight wrote:Reading this makes me wonder what happens if you use one of the other souls for the firelink girl (brainfart, can't remember how to spell her name)

If you pick up something that you are capped on it becomes a dropped item. Done it with several consumable items and the binoculars, I feel safe enough the same will happen.

So when her soul would be dropped and I just leave it there on the ground will it just end up being in the chest behind Frampt then maybe?

Oh, and I don't think you could use another soul to revive Anastacia of Astora 8) but what do I now? It's a very interesting thought and sure worth trying of course!

Last edited by Darkson on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Oh uh, I want to say probably not. It just doesn't come off as a game breaking item compared to the Artorias ring.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Whknight wrote:Oh uh, I want to say probably not. It just doesn't come off as a game breaking item compared to the Artorias ring.

Yep, that is true. Hm.

Soulkrazy wrote:Do you notice that, in the inventory... Fire Keeper Souls also dont stack each other. like for example other items like prism stones, purple moss, arrows. So there's probably something more to them than just for humanites and upgrade flusk. Hopefully a discovery of some sort will actually give some light to it. but thanks OP for the heads up.

Well, thanks for the thanks and good point, maybe we shall not use them "just for our own selfish needs"...

Last edited by Darkson on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Not just any other soul, one of the ones you have to kill to get. I could have swore I read you can use another soul instead of hers but I just can't remember right now.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Whknight wrote:Not just any other soul, one of the ones you have to kill to get. I could have swore I read you can use another soul instead of hers but I just can't remember right now.

Yeah, but it seems pretty awkward if you could put a soul from a different being into a body of another... wait... in fact, it sounds pretty awesome :o
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:31 am

So now it's pretty clear that nobody knows something about any special usage of her soul. ?

Sorry for bumping this, I just really want to know.

And also, does someone maybe have an answer to on my already previously asked question regarding the empty chest in Anor Londo? Anyone?

I read somewhere that in this empty chest the "Maiden Set" is supposed to be in, unless you have gone to the Duke's Archives first and acquired it from there. But I defeated Gwyndolin first and there was nothing in that chest... Why is that then? Well, not true what I read there I guess. So the mystery about the empty chest is actually unsolved??? Or was my game glitching?

ANYONE??? sad :?: :!:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:31 am