Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Avenger649
Saturday-Saint
Sentiel
TehInfamousAmos
Rynn
ChizFreak
Forum Pirate
FinPeku
Glutebrah
dark6765
defacto
Sloth9230
mugenis4real
Seignar
18 posters

[SL 99] Why Dark Bead is bad...

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

[SL 99] Why Dark Bead is bad... - Page 3 Empty Re: [SL 99] Why Dark Bead is bad...

Post by Nybbles Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:http://mmdks.com/hwl

The physical loss amounts to nothing as you still hit 400 in all but strike which is onle 6 shy and your elemental defenses get a net gain. (diminishing returns hits at about 350 btw)

Aiming aoe spells isn't especially difficult. Its easier than parrying, and many people do that regularly. It doesn't even require timing except at really long ranges. Up close its as simple as casting at your own feet.

Also, emit force is like force and wog in that if it hits, you are stunned no matter your poise.

i would be embarrassed to look like that lol, but yeah the armor works for what it is, but i don't think it is so superior to the black iron that it would warrent being ugly as sin lol.

like i said, if you can use spells unlocked and make them work, i have allot of respect for your skills, but it just doesn't happen so often that i'm even remotely worried about it. spells are pretty easy to avoid, unless their is lag or you are a pro.

i didn't think that emit force was as strong as wrath of the gods, honestly, it's been so long since i've seen anyone use it, let alone been tagged with it (it's so easy to avoid) that i don't even remember how hard it hits.

another thing to consider is that in this instance, you know exactly what i would be coming at you with and you can instantly pick out any weakness and method to exploit it. during random encounters in pvp you usually don't have any idea what you will have to defend against. but i am familiar with the flaws of the build and can defend myself adequately in most cases, and attempt to punish in others. nothing is ever perfect of course, but at least i'm not wearing giants armour lol
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

[SL 99] Why Dark Bead is bad... - Page 3 Empty Re: [SL 99] Why Dark Bead is bad...

Post by Nybbles Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:[Ahh but the higher their poise the lower their chance of getting knocked down. Which means you can stunlock some people to death (though I'm not sure if Emit force is fast enough for that)

it's definitely not fast enough, wrath of gods can do that if you miss a roll and they decide to spam you to death with it. it's actually better to let wrath of gods knock you down, if you can plan for such things.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Function over form.

Besides that, it wouldn't be hard to guess your stats based on your gear. The catalyst means you have at least 30 int or you'd have saved the points and gone oacile (sl 20 range), the halberd means at least the base requirements (sl 40 ish), and if you landed a hit it would be painfully obvious that it wasn't much more as you're out damaged by the msgs. For the horn again, at least 30 int. Full black iron (especially with that heavy halberd) means either a lot of end or both rings equip rings (sl 70+), both rings almost certainly means 1500 or 1800 hp (sl 100).

Now I know all your basic abilities, and I'm expecting spells due to the catalyst. I do that with every opponent, it rarely takes more than a glance to guess like that, and now that I know all that I can act to exploit those weaknesses.

I'm not super awesome either, others here are equal or better, they can do it to.

You probably shouldn't act (or build) on the assumption that you know more than your opponent.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:41 pm

A good approach for me when building, is to assume my opponent has built specifically to deal with my build, so if I have any outstanding weaknesses I will be torn apart.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Emit Force: 800 damage. 1000 damage on a counter hit. If you're trying to roll around my skill, I'm gonna get counter damage, so 1000. 2 thirds of your HP, one hit.

I have 18 casts, and 9 Wrath of Gods. I know how to fight without lockon, so I will hit you at least twice with this setup. If you're very good at dodgeing magic, I can still hit you with my bow. The difficult part here is figuring out what skill I'm going to use, when I'm going to use it, and then flawlessly dodging, without becoming predictable. I assure you by the fourth cast of Emit Force, I'd have your pattern down and be capable of hitting you.

You'll blame it on lag.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey nybbles I made some adjustments to your build. Since you're going SL 99 you really can't spread to much your stats, it's better to concentrate on one, this case Int. I don't know if a chaos/lightning G. Halverd would work better. Dark Bead works as Black Flame so I added another one, but the most important thing is the high poise/HP.

http://mmdks.com/hxa
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Rynn wrote:You'll blame it on lag.

why do you think that?

you can say that you can predict my movements, i can say that i can be unpredictable…i would know that you know what i know and would anticipate you knowing so i could counter what you think you know by knowing that you know and…blah blah blah…this is officially going nowhere now.

back on topic…Dark Magic is easy for almost any build to use without much sacrifice and it packs a hell of a wallop. it is effective with out many flaws. it might just be OP.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:00 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:No joke, that is one of the worst builds I have ever seen, OP.

put up or shut up? what you got
    http://mmdks.com/hxj
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    Rynn wrote:You'll blame it on lag.

why do you think that?

you can say that you can predict my movements, i can say that i can be unpredictable…i would know that you know what i know and would anticipate you knowing so i could counter what you think you know by knowing that you know and…blah blah blah…this is officially going nowhere now.

back on topic…Dark Magic is easy for almost any build to use without much sacrifice and it packs a hell of a wallop. it is effective with out many flaws. it might just be OP.
    Because you only think magic will ever hit you when it lags.

Predictability isn't something we can argue on a forum, I just know I havn't lost to a single medium roller in months... but we'll never know what would happen because we can't fight.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Rynn wrote:Because you only think magic will ever hit you when it lags.

Predictability isn't something we can argue on a forum, I just know I havn't lost to a single medium roller in months... but we'll never know what would happen because we can't fight.

no…i think that magic is fairly easy to avoid unless there is lag, i do not think that magic will never hit me unless their is lag and it's pretty obvious when it's a laggy hit and when it's not. i get tagged with magic if i make a mistake like everyone else, but lag makes magic impossible to avoid at times.

it is too bad we can't dual, you could probably school me anyway…i'm not that good at PVP.

i do know that i have mid rolling down to the point that i don't actually like to fast roll or flip during PVP because the timing is so different. besides, i don't actually like to move around allot when i fight, i bring the fight but i don't feel the need to be excessively evasive, i don't poke and roll, i don't roll BS, i don't flip a hundred times before engaging. it's just not necessary. it might be the quality of the players i have faced, but i would guess that on a good day i will win about 60 or 70 percent of time, so whatever i'm doing is working well enough for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:55 am