Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Motopsycho
bloodpixel
Nessima017
reim0027
PlasticandRage
raecor14
Green__Eagle
TheAshenPhantom
MosquitoPower
Sentiel
Rarayn
lalliman
chantienyee
17 posters

Tips for Anor Londo archers?

chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Tips for Anor Londo archers? Empty Tips for Anor Londo archers?

Post by chantienyee Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:42 am

I'm on my second playthrough. I must have been lucky and killed the two guys on my first try the first time around, 'cause I didn't realize they're considered one of the hardest parts of the game. Now I see! So I looked it up and it seems like a number of people say to run up to the one on the right until he draws his sword and then run away.

No matter what I do, the guy will always redraw his bow and start shooting again. Even if I stay super close. Or run away slower. Or back away progressively, watching to make sure he keeps his sword out.

Does anybody have any further tips? I don't have time to snipe them from that tower hiding spot just before the last ramp. I don't even bother fighting anyone leading up to them at this point. I'm pro and running past everything... That's how long it's been D': This is the only point in the playing the game where I've felt like actually quitting.

EDIT: And to boot, I kept accumulating souls until I had, like, 5 level-ups worth, like 4 humanity, and just lost it all. Arrghh!
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Tips for Anor Londo archers? Empty Re: Tips for Anor Londo archers?

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:50 am

The way i do it is i just run to the one on the right, engage him in melee combat and just block. On such a small ledge you can't fight him properly, but he'll likely fall off the edge by himself after trying to hit you a couple times. It's a matter of luck though, it will often fail the first try but ey, i got nothing better.
    You need a decent amount of stamina though. I have no idea how i managed getting past them on my sorcerer char ._.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 am

The stupid place is ridiculous. Nobody puts down a summon sign, and the one time I was invaded the guy died before I even saw him...
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 am

I usually just run up and parry the one on the right. Silver Knights are ridiculously easy to parry.

You can also equip a Greatshield, or the Iron Round Shield, run up to the one on the right, and just block his attacks. The heavy deflection should make him fall down fairly fast.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:10 am

1. Use a bow yourself and chip their HP away until they die.

2. Run to the one on right, get close enough to cast magic and kill him.

3. Run to the one on right, get close enough for him to draw his sword, wait for his attack, parry him and riposte.

4. Run to the one on right, get close enough for him to draw his sword, block his attacks with a greatshield, which will make him bounce off and fall to his death after a few atacks.

5. Run to the one on right, get close enough for him to draw his sword, then quickly retreat, only past the curve and when he will try to pursue you, he will usually fall of a ledge and die.

6. Use Hidden Body/Ring of Fog, preferably with Hush/Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and they won't fire at you, unless you're very close.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 am

Ill pile on a responce that is sort of the same as the others. Im so slow typin...

It you have the stats for it, it you have a weapon that will stun the archer you can "bum rush" the one on the right.

2 handed fire claymore worked for me. Its something you can get before Giant Blacksmith.

I have had zero luck shooting at them (dang they are fast on the draw), but I can understand the principle of shooting them with poison arrows. That may be the way with Dex characters.

Other way if you have nerves of steel is to run at archer on right, probably have to dodge one arrow shot... then you run right up to archer so it draws sword. Go for the parry and hope he fall off before he pushes you far enough back for other archer to blast you off ledge.

Meanest dirty fighten' NPCs in the game I think.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:22 am

Just be carefull if there is a third archer.
    This happens only when you're human. He is smaller than the other two and usually has red, or blue colour instead of silver. He also has much better aim than the regular archers and can use AoE spells, like Wrath of Gods and Fire Tempest if you get close to him.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. I felt so desperate. But I managed to get them (well, only one, screw that!) after my last post -- after taking a breather (which may have helped the most?). I think what made the biggest difference was making sure my camera angle faced outward to the sky instead of the wall. I rolled the first arrow and blocked his melee (took like 10 of his swipes!) But I swear the majority of my attempts before he kept using his bow even when I was in that corner.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:28 am

My tip. Use hidden body and slumbering dragon and sneak up on the one on the right. Best bet is cast it just before you reach the sentinels and run until you get past the tower with the two demons. Once Hiddne wears off, recast it and run until you reach the silver knight, he will draw his sword and all you have to do is parry him. the other archer wont notice you. Now if your invades... I have no idea what to tell you about that one.

Hope that helps! Tips for Anor Londo archers? 1361424789 Good Hunting!
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:29 am

Sentiel wrote:Just be carefull if there is a third archer.
    This happens only when you're human. He is smaller than the other two and usually has red, or blue colour instead of silver. He also has much better aim than the regular archers and can use AoE spells, like Wrath of Gods and Fire Tempest if you get close to him.
    FOR THE QUEEN
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:57 am

What what the the f*ck f*ck?? I never noticed that.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:21 am

I've always used a short bow and poison arrows to take out both archers because I can stand outside their range and snipe both of them.

Next time, I'm going to try the hidden body/hush technique and take on the archer on the right LIKE A MAN.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:25 am

wog works wonders
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:35 am

lalliman wrote:

What what the the f*ck f*ck?? I never noticed that.
    If you're on PS3, near SL 100, I could show it to you. :blue-orb:

EDIT:
    No wait, I lost all my characters. sad
    Dang...

Is there anyone willing to show this fella the third archer in Anor Londo?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:40 am

^ hehe thanks for offering but i might as well check him out myself, my current character is in Anor Londo anyways.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 am

lalliman wrote:^ hehe thanks for offering but i might as well check him out myself, my current character is in Anor Londo anyways.
    Yes, yes...by all means do.
    Remember, you have to be in human form, have O&S alive and just have a bit of a luck for him to appear. He isn't always there, just sometimes. :mask-averice:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:10 pm

If you run up the first ramp until the one on the right's arrows are hitting the corner of the walkway up ahead of you, there's a sweet spot right around there, where the one on the left's arrows will hit the railing of the ramp next to you instead of coming through and hitting you. Leaves you free to stand right there and kill both of them with poison arrows, without being in any danger of being hit. I'm surprised nobody else posted about that. I guess I could post a video of myself doing it so that you can see what I'm talking about, if anyone's interested
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I used to drop my WSS at the start of Anor Londo. I stopped because the hosts kept getting themselves killed. They would rush the archers and get dead quick. For crying out loud, if you aren't good at the archers, let your phantoms take care of it. They are usually very good at it.

As for handling the archers, I just run up, and head to the archer on the right. The arrows are easy to roll under, once you get the timing. Sometimes, he decides to be a jackwagon and keeps firing at you when you are toe-to-toe with him. Keep rolling. Once he engages in melee, parry him.

Parry timing is easy. To practice, just go to Solaire's bonfire and parry the silver sword knight right there. Don't riposte, just parry. Once you get the roll timing down and the parry timing down, the archers are easy.
    Nessima017
    Nessima017
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nessima017 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:52 pm

A really cheap way i use is to buy some poison arrows from the nearly hollowed merchant woman after capra demon and use those arrows to poison the archers it takes about 3-4 shots, it takes a while for the poison to kill them so i usually go do something else while im waiting. You can stand just out of aggro range aswell.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm

That is what I first did when I first started this game.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:19 pm

1.Equip DWGR
    2.Roll through arrows like a boss.
    3.Success.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm playing NG++++ (fresh, drop everything at the end of the game) and I was able to use Hidden Body/Slumbering Ring to run to the knight on the right for one-to-one fighting. I'm going to do this tactic from now on. Much faster than poison arrows.

Yes, you do need Hush/Slumbering Ring. Hidden body alone and they know you're coming.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 am

Ring of fog, and poison arrows. Up the ramp from the last two err demon thingies and wait for the knights to stop shooting. Fire a 2 poison arrows and hide. wait till he shoots around 3 arrows and he will stop again. Shot two more poison arrows. Easiest way imo.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:18 am

Man you guys think of some complicated methods lol.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 am

The simplest way to deal with them is to summon some phantoms, do a Point Forward and watch. Repeat until success.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 am