Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Carphil
billy_bayonet
Sentiel
Nybbles
Ghadis_God
Automancer
Sloth9230
Hatsune Miku
Jester's Tears
callipygias
Back Lot Basher
15 posters

Which element is best for Four Kings?

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Which element is best for Four Kings? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which element is best for Four Kings?

Post by callipygias Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Any tips for low-level DLC? I've been thinking about the Guardian and his lightning balls...how does the Effigy work on those?
    Low lvl you will want to dodge his ltng attacks. Even if you block much of the ltng. dmg it will still break your guard every time, and he sure pounces fast then.

Low lvl dlc is all about dodging. The new areas in general are much harder than the rest of the game, imo, simply because you don't have enough stamina to block. Add the bosses' elemental resistances and it's quite the challenge.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Which element is best for Four Kings? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which element is best for Four Kings?

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm just hoping to get past Artorias, so that I can make my way down to the ghosts. Such a great source of humanity, and I'd like to make a good chaos weapon for low level shenanigans.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 am

queelags if you can do it, fire is a tad better but not enough to mean anything. just do what you can and SUMMON HELP seriously, this boss used to be my mos dreaded, now i find it easy as.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:25 am

dodging the Sanctuary Guardian is easily the best strategy, after you've gotten the tail (if you even want it) swap to a decent bow and keep some distance from that prick. trying to tank his lightning is a bad idea, mostly because it breaks your guard or even knock you down, but also because you are standing in a puddle of water and you'll take a fair amount of secondary lightning damage every time.

on your way to Artorias, the trees can be backstabbed which makes them a little easier, but it's the jolly green giants that will mess you up the most. keep your distance from them and use jumping attacks, time them so you are hitting them between their attacks and roll the hell out of the way as fast as you can.

Artorias is another boss that i think you are better off dodging for the most part. the roll and poke method works pretty well against him. with your stats i would recommend using a estoc or spear for this. it will take a while to chip away at him, but it should do the job.

i think the baby skellies in the Tomb are better for farming than the humanity mobs in the Abyss. they are less dangerous, give you more souls per kill and they respawn endlessly, meaning no wasted trips back to the bonfire. i usually come out of the Tomb with 300000 or more souls along with 99 humanity.

good luck my friend.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:23 pm

I don't see how 4 kings will survive 32 combustions if you throw on bellowing + dusk.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:I don't see how 4 kings will survive 32 combustions if you throw on bellowing + dusk.

They didn't. I used the Dusk Crown, but no bellowing (I had the extra ring slot for Darkmoon Seance - my second set of combustion). I think I had 4 or 5 casts left over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:45 am