Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Rynn
Jansports
LunarFog
9 posters

Super-tank reviews

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Super-tank reviews Empty Super-tank reviews

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:00 pm

These are all messages I received from using my super tank in the forest. I'm only level 50 too. Can't wait til I'm a fully evolved tank at 120 in the kiln.(note to self, aving a super tank that can only walk because he's above my weight limit, might not be the best idea in a GIANT forest).

"Nice job. Hack more loser"

"HP and defense? that was insane"

"Your cool"

"F aglrod"(that's how he spelled it)

Here's my current equipment and SL
    http://mmdks.com/imv

Am currently working on leveling up Vitality to 50, then Endurance to 40, then Vitality to 60. I'll also be switching to full Giant's set. Give me any ideas to make me even tanky-er if you can. Weight isn't even a worry to me since I'm already about 50% overlimit

Last edited by LunarFog on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Super-tank reviews Empty Re: Super-tank reviews

Post by Jansports Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:19 pm

How tanky is tank?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Yes.
    Let me see tank.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm

If its the same guy, he's got 2000 hp and, get this, 550 defense using a dragon great axe and havels shield.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Tanks are viable builds, just boring to fight. With high defense and insane poise, the best tactic is to BS or parry them. A tank's strategy is pretty obvious. They are usually slow moving and attack slowly. There is no reason to complain about losing to them. (And there is no reason for a tank build to complain about people using the Hornet's on them).
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:22 pm

reim0027 wrote:Tanks are viable builds, just boring to fight. With high defense and insane poise, the best tactic is to BS or parry them. A tank's strategy is pretty obvious. They are usually slow moving and attack slowly. There is no reason to complain about losing to them. (And there is no reason for a tank build to complain about people using the Hornet's on them).
    I've never been backstabbed yet except for when I had 2 people to worry about. The horizontal swing of ultra great swords are really awesome deterrents.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I roll BS them. I will also test this first. Faking a roll BS to see if they unlock and aim behind them. If they do that, then, I'll try to parry them.

Again, if they unlock, they will typically do a pattern for which way they turn first (if they are trying to dead angle), and I'll adjust my position accordingly so their dead angle isn't a dead angle anymore and I can parry them.

If you fight with a fast dex weapon, then you can dodge in before or just after their attacks too. A good Chaos Blade, PGS, Tracer, etc build can decimate tanks. Then, there are status effects like dung pies, poison knives, and poison arrows. Combine that with some Lloyd's and you're in a good spot. Use their limited movement against them.

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Rynn wrote:Yes.
    Let me see tank.

Behold. The unfinished tank, and how it will look when it IS finished.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Jansports wrote:How tanky is tank?

Edited just for you
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 am

reim0027 wrote:Tanks are viable builds, just boring to fight. With high defense and insane poise, the best tactic is to BS or parry them. A tank's strategy is pretty obvious. They are usually slow moving and attack slowly. There is no reason to complain about losing to them. (And there is no reason for a tank build to complain about people using the Hornet's on them).

IMO tanks should bluff big attacks then switch into great combustions or abuse non-targeted sweep hits. I'm sure people would adore that.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 am

You have 550 defense and deal 500+ damage a hit. Its bs you, poke for 30 minutes or die terribly.

I kindof want to try one, how are you dealing with your low elemental defenses? The stoneplate rings?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:

IMO tanks should bluff big attacks then switch into great combustions or abuse non-targeted sweep hits. I'm sure people would adore that.
    That might actually make them more interesting to fight. A strategy other than Block or R1.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:12 am

FWIW the most fun I've had while Fat since the DLC has been with a Dex build, quite noticeable is that when you move with a special attacks (like the PGS or Gold Tracer) how fat you normally walk isn't an issue. And with all them HPs and poises and mixing up R1 R2 timings to avoid the downfall of curved swords easy to parry nature... I dunno It's just been a blast.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:35 am

the link isn't working for me.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 am

161 Poise is god tier.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:27 am

I loved it when the guy spammed his BKGA and he's like "I have 161 poise".
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 am

I roll a build not unlike this one Fog, and it works well. Being a good tank is about knowing when to attack. Odds are you won't catch you opponents with their pants down, so try to trade hits if they're using a smaller weapon. Havel's shield saves builds like this, otherwise casters would devastate you. Just let them waste their spells firing into your shield and have at them. Also, you might want to consider a Demons' Spear or crossbow as a backup. A lot of your opponents will try to bait you into attacking while keeping their distance, and you can put the pressure on them with these.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:26 am

Forum Pirate wrote:You have 550 defense and deal 500+ damage a hit. Its bs you, poke for 30 minutes or die terribly.

I kindof want to try one, how are you dealing with your low elemental defenses? The stoneplate rings?

Right now, I guess you could say I'm not dealing with it. Since Havel's shield has something like 90/80/80 magic/fire/lightning defense, I'm not affected by elemental attacks so much, so if they're just spamming it from far away I keep my guard up.

If someone tries to get me with combustion, or any other sort of close-range spell my high poise, high defense, and poise breaking weapons almost always come out on top
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I roll a build not unlike this one Fog, and it works well. Being a good tank is about knowing when to attack. Odds are you won't catch you opponents with their pants down, so try to trade hits if they're using a smaller weapon. Havel's shield saves builds like this, otherwise casters would devastate you. Just let them waste their spells firing into your shield and have at them. Also, you might want to consider a Demons' Spear or crossbow as a backup. A lot of your opponents will try to bait you into attacking while keeping their distance, and you can put the pressure on them with these.
    Yea, before I got Havel's shield and I was using the stone guardian shield, there was nothing I could do against sunbros and their lightning spears. They'd chuck a dozen my way and the tank would fall.

My weapons are the Dragon King Great axe and the Dragon Great sword because the Great Axe has a Wrath of God, type skill that's great for gankers, and the Dragon Great Sword's special skill is a long range explosion that I use for when people are keeping their distance.

I suppose the Dragon Greatsword's big horizontal sweeps are alright for ganks and I could switch out the Dragon Axe, but should I switch it out for the crossbow, or the spear? Actually....I'm thinking crossbow. There's no reason I should lose any close-range fight.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 am

Rynn wrote:the link isn't working for me.

Well current stats are:
    Vit:23
    Endurance: 10
    Strength: 50
    everything else is default
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:32 am

...what do you do about dead angling WoG?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:56 am

You can unlock and turn around to block the dead angle. It's hard to do, but that's the only possible way to deal with them. Otherwise, you're screwed hard.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 am

That's the thing. When you're forced to walk, you don't turn around fast enough. It's literally not a possible action.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:01 am

Rynn wrote:That's the thing. When you're forced to walk, you don't turn around fast enough. It's literally not a possible action.

...Dead angling wrath of god? I haven't met a WoG spammer yet, but wouldn't blocking it with Havel's shield be good enough o.o
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 am

LunarFog wrote:
    Rynn wrote:That's the thing. When you're forced to walk, you don't turn around fast enough. It's literally not a possible action.

...Dead angling wrath of god? I haven't met a WoG spammer yet, but wouldn't blocking it with Havel's shield be good enough o.o
    If the opponent you are facing turns around (so that you are facing their back) and casts wrath of the gods. It acts like they are behind your back, and it can not be blocked.

So if you imagine the >>> is the direction they are facing when they cast it, and the straight line is your shield...
    X >>> |X = blocked.
    <<< X |X = not blocked.

Are you on X-box? It's easier to show you rather then explain it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:25 am