Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews Empty Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 pm

This stuff is brilliant, one guy thought it was the game's fault for him attacking crestfallen straight out of tutorial, while another was pissed because it advertised as multiplayer when guy only got invaded once and summoned people twice in 70 hours or something (obvious ********)

If anyone wants a chuckle here's the link: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls/user-reviews?dist=negative

makes me laugh because it's obvious half these clowns just rage quit, broke something as a result the returned the game out of embarrassment.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews Empty Re: Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews

Post by bloodpixel Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Impatient people these days...
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews Empty Re: Dark Souls negative Metacritic User Reviews

Post by Herbo Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:54 pm

That is some funny stuff. I love how some people feel compelled to explain over and over about how they love hard games....then proceed to talk about how wronged they were by Dark Souls. It boggles my mind because I feel like if I can do it then surely everyone can...ah well...such is life
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Herbo wrote:That is some funny stuff. I love how some people feel compelled to explain over and over about how they love hard games....then proceed to talk about how wronged they were by Dark Souls. It boggles my mind because I feel like if I can do it then surely everyone can...ah well...such is life

that made me laugh too, almost every one of them said they wanted to play hard game for the challenge, and then basically made excuses for not being able to take the learning curve.

The ones saying they played demon's souls and this game was way worse were hilarious, though i understand since demons, is a lot faster, but it's unnaturally so which is why i presume they changed it. Still though, blaming the game for their own failings silly
    Ieyfura
    Ieyfura

Post by Ieyfura Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 am

Eh. It's actually easier than Demon's Souls to me. Although that might be my experience in Souls games talking. I wish that people who complained about games would complain about the right reasons though. If you die, it's usually your fault in this game. If I had to complain, I'd complain about the p2p server crap.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 am

I don't think these people are on the same planet as me. I am by no means a 'hotshot' gamer and I freely admit that I struggle in Dark Souls but, because I refused to give up, I've made it to the battle with Gwyn and most of the bosses I've defeated singlehanded (including Ornstein & Smough) I think a lot of younger gamers are so used to getting what they want on demand in the real world without any effort on their part, that when it comes to a game like Dark Souls, where they have to work hard and use their initiative, they just can't hack it.
    Ieyfura
    Ieyfura

Post by Ieyfura Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:18 am

SlakeMoth wrote:I don't think these people are on the same planet as me. I am by no means a 'hotshot' gamer and I freely admit that I struggle in Dark Souls but, because I refused to give up, I've made it to the battle with Gwyn and most of the bosses I've defeated singlehanded (including Ornstein & Smough) I think a lot of younger gamers are so used to getting what they want on demand in the real world without any effort on their part, that when it comes to a game like Dark Souls, where they have to work hard and use their initiative, they just can't hack it.

While I'll admit that games today are more on the easier side compared to what they were back in the SNES days, I don't think it's just younger gamers that feel this way about games. Most gamers today have grown used to the hand-holding, so when it is taken from them, they're taken by surprise. They were expecting something hard, but were probably expecting a sense of direction once they entered. Dark Souls does not give this to the player. It's probably that more than anything that turns these gamers off of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 pm