Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Everynevers
The Letter X
Avenger649
Krasouski
ViralEnsign_
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
carlucio
Djem
Buggy Virus
LunarFog
Nybbles
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
ComaPrison
20 posters

Difficulty slider for casual players

Poll

Should there be a difficulty toggle to cater to casual players?

[ 2 ]
    Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 43 ]
    Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 I_vote_lcap93%Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [93%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [2%] 

Total Votes: 46
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 Empty Re: Difficulty slider for casual players

Post by Slarg232 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 pm

You guys do know that by mashing RB/LB or rather, R1/L1, you can shorten how long things grab you, right?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 Empty Re: Difficulty slider for casual players

Post by Serious_Much Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Slarg232 wrote:You guys do know that by mashing RB/LB or rather, R1/L1, you can shorten how long things grab you, right?

I'm talking about widening qte's and their potential in souls despite widespread stigma.

However while I was aware mashing the controller helped I never knew which buttons did out, so thanks silly
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:You guys do know that by mashing RB/LB or rather, R1/L1, you can shorten how long things grab you, right?

I'm talking about widening qte's and their potential in souls despite widespread stigma.

However while I was aware mashing the controller helped I never knew which buttons did out, so thanks silly

Ah, that I can get behind, then (And any time, dude Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 3510096238)

Maybe if you get knocked back, press B/O to do that roll thing that gets you up and about faster?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 am

Serious_Much wrote:

I posted the same thing in this very thread in the previous page.

I don't want to think you didn't read the whole thread before posting considering it's just 3 pages...

Seriously, Serious? Seriously? Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 3596227959

Spoiler:
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 am

The point here is that good QTEs simply allow the player to perform more complex actions that are difficult to represent with a standard input system. Bad QTE's feel like your merely pressing the play button to start a brief cutscene.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 am

MasterofShadows wrote:The point here is that good QTEs simply allow the player to perform more complex actions that are difficult to represent with a standard input system. Bad QTE's feel like your merely pressing the play button to start a brief cutscene.

You convinced me then. But I still believe Backstabs aren't QTE. Now, that thing I said about grabs and R1/L1, in Dark Souls II a prompt may appear showing R1 + L1 indicating you have to pressed them, as an example; but I wouldn't consider it a very complex action.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:The point here is that good QTEs simply allow the player to perform more complex actions that are difficult to represent with a standard input system. Bad QTE's feel like your merely pressing the play button to start a brief cutscene.

You convinced me then. But I still believe Backstabs aren't QTE. Now, that thing I said about grabs and R1/L1, in Dark Souls II a prompt may appear showing R1 + L1 indicating you have to pressed them, as an example; but I wouldn't consider it a very complex action.

Are you saying that the backstab animation is just as complex as the rest of the other attack animations?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:50 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

I posted the same thing in this very thread in the previous page.

I don't want to think you didn't read the whole thread before posting considering it's just 3 pages...

Seriously, Serious? Seriously? Difficulty slider for casual players - Page 3 3596227959

Spoiler:

I never read the whole thread chiz, I've gotten lazy since I have to use my phone for this for now silly
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 am

Difficulty slider almost never works...the challenge isn't presented intelligent enough in most games for it to work, so I don't have high hopes for the slider option.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 am

I love Dark Souls and wish Demon's Souls had a PC port. I'm just running this ridiculous poll because I want to alert people to the reality of the threat against what they have come to know and love as the Souls series.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:03 am