Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Djem
Kyōkai
PlasticandRage
Glutebrah
Sentiel
XachAttack
Shindori
11 posters

Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame Empty Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame

Post by Shindori Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 pm

I mean yeah, **** of spells is nice and all but.. what about when you run out? Switch to a chaos/fire weapon?
    Sure.. but Imagine this:
    A spell you only get a single cast of with the pyro glove. No, nothing like Power Within, but a sword made of flames and flames only. Think Ichigo's Mugetsu in Bleach (Look it up). Scales with your gloves MagAdj, and has a base attack of 100. Yeah, it's not OP, and we'd leave the scaling at say.. A? once your pyro glove is fully upgraded. but sure, we'd find ways to make it more than OP. Since it IS a pyromancies.. anything to boost pyromancies would boost it, and same for anything that boosts attack. In the right hands, it'd be a destroyer of worlds. A weapon truly for only the best of pyromancers.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame Empty Re: Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame

Post by XachAttack Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Well..it's just a catalyst, y'know? It isn't any different than talismans or wands/staves. If it got anything special than that'd ruin some things.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame Empty Re: Makes me kinda sad that there isn't more of a use to the Pyro Flame

Post by Shindori Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah but miracles are mostly support, aside from the few attack ones. Sorceries are a full on weapon of doom. but pyromancies..? You run out so quickly, and they're not even that powerful eithout the correct armor set, so you kinda can't make your own character based around them unless you have a **** of fireballs xD
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Sorceries are focused on long range (Soul Arrow/Spear) and support (Hidden Body) spells.

Miracles are focused on buffs (Great Magic Barrier) and defensive (Force) spells.

Pyromancies are focused on close to medium range (Great Fireball) and melee support (Iron Flesh) spells.

At least, that's how I view them.

I think Pyromancies fullfill their role perfectly. Yes, they are weaker, but you don't need to spent points in neither Int, nor Faith to use them, so it's only fair that they are weaker. However they are awesome as they are, just require a bit of skill to use, while Sorceries and Miracles are much easier to use.

You don't have many casts and they don't do as much damage, because they are meant to support your melee, instead of fully relying on them for all your damage, like you can do with Sorceries.

Of course, you can always stack a bunch of Fireballs and Combustions and clean whole locations with those. big grin
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:48 pm

The fact it requires zero stat investment to make it full strength makes it powerful enough
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Glutebrah wrote:The fact it requires zero stat investment to make it full strength makes it powerful enough

^ This. The fact that it might not be as effective to make a build solely based around pyromancy, as you might for sorcery or miracles, is offset by the fact that you can make every build that isn't focused around sorcery or miracles a pyro build. It can be integrated into anything, and all you really need to invest is 3 or 4 points, depending on your starting class, into attunement. Every single melee build I have has a couple of pyromancies, and it does nothing but improve their effectiveness.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Sorceries are focused on long range (Soul Arrow/Spear) and support (Hidden Body) spells.

Lol Dark Shotgun is god tier.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Kyōkai wrote:

Lol Dark Shotgun is god tier.
    I was refering to majority of Sorceries. Dark Bead is only one specializing on short range.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Glutebrah wrote:The fact it requires zero stat investment to make it full strength makes it powerful enough

Exactly. Just add a sword made of fire avaible to use like any other sword, and pyromancers will be happy. Don't mess with the system itself.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Sentiel wrote:Sorceries are focused on long range (Soul Arrow/Spear) and support (Hidden Body) spells.

Miracles are focused on buffs (Great Magic Barrier) and defensive (Force) spells.

Pyromancies are focused on close to medium range (Great Fireball) and melee support (Iron Flesh) spells.

At least, that's how I view them.

I think Pyromancies fullfill their role perfectly. Yes, they are weaker, but you don't need to spent points in neither Int, nor Faith to use them, so it's only fair that they are weaker. However they are awesome as they are, just require a bit of skill to use, while Sorceries and Miracles are much easier to use.

You don't have many casts and they don't do as much damage, because they are meant to support your melee, instead of fully relying on them for all your damage, like you can do with Sorceries.

Of course, you can always stack a bunch of Fireballs and Combustions and clean whole locations with those. big grin

How i look at Stuff

Mage = COWARD.
    Miracle = Charge with a shiny sword and some sparkly stuff around you.
    Pyro = Pretty Explos- IT BURNS!
    Uber

Post by Uber Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 pm

This is a cool idea. It would be cool if the sword would shoot out and extend a huge length with the 2 handed R2 attack, of course draining the amount of time it stays active for by lets sat 15 seconds out of 80.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Pyro is actually quite viable. Stack up a few and you get a large #casts (put points in attunement instead of INT or Faith). Pyro is perfectly viable in pvp and complements DEX builds extremely well. Tempest can 1 shot people with all the boosts you can give it, and great fireballs (also chaos) stun and allow an often-lethal great-combustion follow. Surge is pretty fun for pressing the turtles. PW is obviously something that can be used to boost more than pyros, but is perfectly viable to boost pyros too.

I've manual-aimed a great fireball with dusk/bellowing/PW and hit someone for 1000 (killing him, he was fighting another FH and I ganked him after killing my phantom...it would have otherwise stunned and allowed for a similarly lethal GC follow).

Pyros are quite strong in this game when used well. Only tempest can 1-shot people (unlike dark bead), but your only major stat investment is attunement. If you get say 6 slots (much less expensive than INT) you can field an impressive amount of pyro casts. A full ascended glove can easily get you through any non-fire resist/immune areas in PvE also.
    Oran_G_Coon
    Oran_G_Coon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Oran_G_Coon Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:44 pm

The pyro flame itself huh? In a laggy game, press L2/R2 on the hand it's on when the opponent's circling too closely - good times! Might even save your life!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 am