Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Saturday-Saint
Ghadis_God
Jansports
The Letter X
Sloth9230
Infighter
Tharacon2
RANT
Marino.
XachAttack
Glutebrah
Forum Pirate
Slarg232
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Soris Ice Goldwing
roanispe
Hydreigon11
Johnthethird
22 posters

Fads are caused by streamers.

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fads are caused by streamers. Empty Fads are caused by streamers.

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm

This is just something I noticed. On a stream, JerpDoesGames had announced that he didn't care about having honorable duels anymore, and would just attack people who bowed because invasions are not duels.

Then the next day, I was doing PVP, and I started seeing more and more people attacking while I bowed, or just using cheep tactis. 2 people messaged me after fights. One person said that it was an invasion not a duel, and the other said that bowing sucks.

When Some guy started using a scimitar instead of his katana, I started seeing more and more people in wanderer with scimitars.

I am sure this doesn't really matter, but I thought it was interesting about the mindsets of the PVP community.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fads are caused by streamers. Empty Re: Fads are caused by streamers.

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Yes I do realise that a lot of people are affected by streamers, as we all know Jblackmel doesn't bow much and someone kicked me whilst I was bowing, which is something he does. Martyr's I'm not trying to attack you here but this guy kicked me whilst bowing after he summoned me from an RSS which is the only reason why I brought it up.

It is an odd mindset to have and frankly quite scary since one streamer could say guys let's go ganking and 60% of Dark Soulers would follow them ganking (just a hypothetical percentage don't attack me)
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. Someone said the exact same thing about bowing to me, and I really felt it would be a waste to explain why I disagree-- its hard to argue with someone who just claims "bowing sucks". Anyways, the people that tend to be so easily influenced don't ever seem to have good experience with the game, so I can always afford to bow. If they want to just "invade", it gives me a handicap, and makes the match more fun.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 pm

So it was not a coincidence. For the past two days in the painted world I have noticed a spike in the number of invaders attacking straight out. I actually tested how many would backstab if I faced away while using a green blossum. It was every 1/5 invaders who would take it. Though I did not think it was because some guy said it...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

for some reason people who bother to stream are treated as elite when many streamers point out that they aren't anything that special, anyway the guy who can't be mentioned on this forum had a large part in making the chaos blade popular for example, thus what i'd like to see is a rash of streamers/youtubers using whips, just to see if there truly is a marked effect on the community.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:for some reason people who bother to stream are treated as elite when many streamers point out that they aren't anything that special, anyway the guy who can't be mentioned on this forum had a large part in making the chaos blade popular for example, thus what i'd like to see is a rash of streamers/youtubers using whips, just to see if there truly is a marked effect on the community.

Suddenly I wish I knew how to stream and had a fanbase.

Heck, I could probably get a fanbase if I streamed. Strumed?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 pm

If they started using whips then it should be easier to kill them. Speaking of youtubers I just remembered that a few days ago in the painted world there was someone streaming invaders. What that brought was a bunch of stunblockers and mages who use dark magic as a shotgun. I fear what happens if a popular one says that ganking is the only way to win.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 pm

I don't generally bow before the fight unless I'm really far away and I don't see a catalyst, tired of being bsd. I bow after if I win, to show respect.

If you try to buff though, you're going to eat a bs or a spell. Learn to find the time to buff if you need to, because I'm not letting you have an advantage.

In my experience though, the people who get into the fads (caused by streaming anyways) tend to be decent at best. To reliant on the teachings of others to adapt or improvise.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:05 pm

does the one who cannot be named on this forum's name begin with Pe? If so then I know what you means.

It is a very scary prospect how much power some streamers have over our community. I mean sure listen to them but have your own morals. If I invade as anything I will bow no matter what any of you guys out there have to say. Because I am saying to my opponent I respect you and wish to test your skills. Sure if they have led me on a merry chase I will kill them without mercy but if they wish to fight I will give them the due courtesy whether it gets me killed or not. Hmmmm maybe I should stream and imprint these morals to everyone and when I have enough subscribers... I WILL MARCH ON FRANCE!!!!!!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Forum I did that for testing purposes. However the quality of invaders in the painted world, from a sl120 xbox view, has kinda dropped. I don't know why.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Forum I did that for testing purposes. However the quality of invaders in the painted world, from a sl120 xbox view, has kinda dropped. I don't know why.

Recently I've had trouble invading in general in the Painted World however I did see a large increase in number after ENB said he thinks the PW is the place for PvP. Very troubling, very troubling indeed.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Joederp is your typical hornet ring rapier back stab Fisher, nothing special.

Marty makes very cook videos I've seen ones he posts on the forum, the way he says dude makes his video elite.

Pee i checked him out a long time ago cuz i guess I copied his build once unintentionally and everyone was messaging me it in psn chat.

Those are the only 3 streamers I can think of
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Yeah. I'm just waiting to see when someone starts streaming their ganks.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 pm

*Sigh* =_= Unoriginal idiots. All of them.

(I'm referring to the guys who copy the streamers, not the streamers themselves)
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Johnthethird wrote:Yeah. I'm just waiting to see when someone starts streaming their ganks.

Rosie has alot of ganking videos
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Only troubling in the painted world if you count curved two weapon users some with a falchion, and a few backstabbing gravelords. But from what I fought the DW there are weak if you can exploit their weaknesses. Till the spike my ratio was 50:50 wins and loses. Now it's 70:30. So it was a streamer who did that? Where else?

No Glutebrah theres more. The one from my above post in the painted world was a Asian( looked at bio) who put he was streaming there. Then before the Dlc was this one who posted "duels" who I stunblocked to death for great combustion spamming. Normally I leave if it's a youtuber. I don't need that.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Glutebrah wrote:Joederp is your typical hornet ring rapier back stab Fisher, nothing special.

Marty makes very cook videos I've seen ones he posts on the forum, the way he says dude makes his video elite.

Pee i checked him out a long time ago cuz i guess I copied his build once unintentionally and everyone was messaging me it in psn chat.

True. Jerps build is meant entirely for backstabs and parries. At least he only ever uses it for fighting gankers.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Well, of course bigger Personalities have a big influence over People .

I stopped watching them a long time ago since i just got tired of having some random Guy trying to make witty commentary over random Gameplay .
    Then i might as well play the Game myself .

And some People have this swell attitude to them .
    One Guy for example talks down to other People while insisting that he does not talk down to People Look Skyward .
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Those are just the hot shot streamers I am aware of, I invaded a streamer once who is also a member here, he ganked me, then I invaded him agian and got sweet revenge with hornet ring dark tracer for the lulz.

The rage he was screaming on his stream about me made it so worth it.

Last edited by Glutebrah on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Johnthethird wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:Joederp is your typical hornet ring rapier back stab Fisher, nothing special.

True. Jerps build is meant entirely for backstabs and parries. At least he only ever uses it for fighting gankers.

have you seen most of his vids? ive seen about 5 and all were of him parrying newbies.
    Tharacon2
    Tharacon2

Post by Tharacon2 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I don't generally bow before the fight unless I'm really far away and I don't see a catalyst, tired of being bsd. I bow after if I win, to show respect.

If you try to buff though, you're going to eat a bs or a spell. Learn to find the time to buff if you need to, because I'm not letting you have an advantage.

This. I'm not gonna risk the backstab or the easy magic death.
    But with the OP, I saw some guy on a stream talking about the Lifehunt and then the very next day all these jokers with the Lifehunt happen to invade me. Don't get me wrong, easy pickings. But it's amazing how these fads come about.

But it does also show how active the community is, how they are trying to make a name for themselves. IMO as the number of streamers increase the number of players increase..
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Speaking of fads just got killed by one using a crytsal buffed, 2-hand R-1 spammer in the Township. At this point can't we have one of own streamers show the world how useless these builds are?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 pm

where the hell is amos when you need him!! @ AMOS your *** better get to streaming to show people that there's more than just katanas.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 pm

I just want to make the record clear that I love the chaos blade because I hate buffs and love katanas. Not because of pee. And I wear wanderer because rant told me it looked cooler then thief armor.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 pm

I wore the wanderer coat as I started Dark Souls, then grew to love it. The thing is BEAST. The defence when fully upgraded plus the lack of weight on it means my builds can fast roll. And when I discovered how good fast rolls are in PvP you bet I abused that mechanic. However I did start using Chester's coat plus Guardian leggings like Martyr's cos I was stuck for armour and now it's developed into wanderer's coat, BK helm, Guardian leggings and any arms. So in some ways Streamers can cause spontaneous creativity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:02 pm