Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Saturday-Saint
Ghadis_God
Jansports
The Letter X
Sloth9230
Infighter
Tharacon2
RANT
Marino.
XachAttack
Glutebrah
Forum Pirate
Slarg232
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Soris Ice Goldwing
roanispe
Hydreigon11
Johnthethird
22 posters

Fads are caused by streamers.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Fads are caused by streamers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fads are caused by streamers.

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 pm

The fads arn't really a bad thing though guys (as thats the tone the thread is starting to get) they're just there.

We have fads here, and many here (who participate in them, btw) are among the best, and capable of proving it.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 pm

What does one require to stream? A capture card?

Wouldn't mind making my own series of a Zero to Hero, A Newbs Journey through Dark Souls PVP.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Yup a capture card is all you need. They can range from £20-£100 depending on quality, fps and HD or not. They aren't complicated pieces of kit but uploading to youtube takes a hell of a lot of time.

All these judgements/prices come from a guy in the UK with internet run by two gerbils sprinting between the walls of his house with a receiver in their mouths. (That's what my internet feels like anyway).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:I wore the wanderer coat as I started Dark Souls, then grew to love it. The thing is BEAST. The defence when fully upgraded plus the lack of weight on it means my builds can fast roll. And when I discovered how good fast rolls are in PvP you bet I abused that mechanic. However I did start using Chester's coat plus Guardian leggings like Martyr's cos I was stuck for armour and now it's developed into wanderer's coat, BK helm, Guardian leggings and any arms. So in some ways Streamers can cause spontaneous creativity.

yeah i think waderer is the second best in terms of res and it looks badass, i specially like the female vesion because of the fur.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 pm

There are good fads and bad fads Pirate. But when what little honor and duels are throw out the window, my gloves come of and it's hell to my foe.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

I myself prefer the hollow thief's set.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

If you wanted to win, you shouldn't have had the gloves at all. Honor is a concept. Its defined by each individual and exsists only in their mind.

You nay not like individual fads, but that doesn't make them bad. if anything, they encourage change and variety, otherwise large numbers of people would settle into a groove and 2/3rds of your fighters would be against 1 build, instead of the periodic shifting of the most common build that occurs.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 pm

I did not say that I don't like some fads. I myself prefer individuality, but whatevs
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:59 pm

I totally wasn't talking to you. I was talking to whomever made the last post of page 2.

sorry about the confusion
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:So it was not a coincidence. For the past two days in the painted world I have noticed a spike in the number of invaders attacking straight out. I actually tested how many would backstab if I faced away while using a green blossum. It was every 1/5 invaders who would take it. Though I did not think it was because some guy said it...

Why you can't mention his name here? Explain pls? Oh and yeah people just follow the streamers If they see someone successful they try to copy it without realizing and analyzing what particular player does right or wrong with particular weapon. Scimitar was sitting there for ages none used it, I wonder what the next trend be? PGS?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 pm

^Pretty sure someone famous already declared the PGS as their favorite curved sword I forget who though.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm

No I don' think it was someone famous just some Asian person who's bio from what I could read said was live streaming lets see. Hold on the person who has this person (Had to check my messages for this) Also has Red Rosie Sugar here to!

Edit: Forgot I can't put names on these.

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:No I don' think it was someone famous just some Asian person who's bio from what I could read said was live streaming lets see. Hold on the person who has this person (Had to check my messages for this) Also has Red Rosie Sugar here to!

I didn't know the person you mentioned streamed, but he has a lot of weight in the twitch/streaming community. He's really good, so it's probably for a reason.

Fads will always come about. I really don't mind when streamers cause them to happen because it's not their fault all the time. There are the bad apples in the bunch, but I think streamers have the best attitudes out if most people. I just can't stand their close "possies" that think they're better than everyone and actually start the spread of the streamer's build.

Last edited by The Letter X on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Gosh darn it! I can't remember the guy with the PGS. He usually had it enchanted with Great Magic Weapon. I don't usually watch random DS videos on youtube so I'm pretty sure it has to be someone well known.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:03 pm

And to add to my opinion on streamers and their followers is that I will always give them my respect since they can show me a good level of skill, but I'll never change the weapons or equipment I like because someone who happens to record their gameplay said this set of armor or this weapon was amazing.

I'll always use the weapons I try out from my own curiosity, even if they're very popular (i.e. Chaos Blade). I'll probably also never change my armor since I like the way it looks; screw function. I won't even start using a shield even if that happens to be the one thing stopping me from beating the best of the best because I don't like the way shields look.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Sorry to go off topic, but what can we not name he-who-must-not-be-named-who-is-not-voldemort?

I remember who it is, and I remember not liking him the few times I talked to him, but I don't remember why he was banned.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 am

God I was GMW the PGS like 4-5 months ago, It was my first buff build. Thing is kind of a beast.

Honestly I never bow before fights, it's too much of a liability unless it's a preset fight, randoms get a bow after they die
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 am

were you in anor londo? lol
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:33 am

I tend to stay away from the streamers, but I notice the fads changing based on youtube guys. I was thinking about submitting one of my favorite builds to MartyrsBrigade so it could be featured in battle of the builds, but I don't want to see everybody using it, as it's annoying as hell to fight.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 am

Maybe I should get a stream and chainstab with my perfectly min-maxed DingyMoM. If what you say is true, I could fix this dankass community over night.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 am

Sloth9230 wrote:were you in anor londo? lol

I do DW invade AL quite a lot, trying to catch 2v1 or 3v1 people co=oping O&S
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:02 am

I don't think minmaxed chainstabbing would fix anything Saturday, why not try promoting build originality?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 am

I promote build originality, but not gratuitously. So many people chase originality in their builds because they cannot cultivate originality in their play.

Before I go on with my next point, here are two videos of me playing Demon's Souls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c4ENttBwdY —I'm the Blue Phantom playing from about 0:30 to 9:00. You don't have to watch the whole thing, just watch a couple minutes or something if you're not interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjT4DrXzQS4 —Here I am invading low-level players and killing them with nothing but poison cloud and my fists.

Which of these videos was more original? Required more creativity? Is a more impressive display of skill? If the video of me invading low-level players had instead been me doing that to skilled players in SL 120 duels, would your answers be different?

And yeah, I'm going to use your answer to make a point, but it's an honest point so please just answer honestly. I'm going to go ahead with my point regardless of how you answer, so don't bother trying to guess which answer will throw me off.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:41 am

That second video was hilarious.

btw you keep a ton of space with that dbs. I haven't used it, so I have to ask if there is a specific reason or just to avoid surprises with such a slow weapon?

The second video was more creative, if mean.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 am

Forum Pirate wrote:btw you keep a ton of space with that dbs. I haven't used it, so I have to ask if there is a specific reason or just to avoid surprises with such a slow weapon?
    No poise in Demon's Souls, so if I get into slugging range with a faster weapon, I can get screwed pretty bad. As a random example, see 4:30. I try to attack him, he just pokes me out of my attack. You can kind of bulldog people around if they're afraid of trading blows with you (which you pretty much never want to do with a DBS unless you're a GAxe), but generally unless you're coming at somebody with a 2H running or 1H rolling attack, you want to keep your distance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:36 am