Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Sentiel
LunarFog
Jansports
Ghadis_God
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Forum Pirate
11 posters

Toxic in pvp.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Toxic in pvp. Empty Toxic in pvp.

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:49 am

How well does it work? I've never inflicted it on anybody, seen it inflicted, or been inflicted with it.

I know the damage is brutal, so I suppose my question is, would twop (probably the stone greas sword version because its fairly quick) +toxic mist +dungpies and turtling be an effective strategy in serious combat or would it be for screwing with gankers ?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Toxic in pvp. Empty Re: Toxic in pvp.

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:59 am

I can see it being used for both if used properly. That'd be hell to fight against if you got both TWoP'd and toxic in a 1v1 fight. Not to mention your opponent is now turtling.

Toxic by itself is nothing to mess with either. I shrug off poison while fighting, but if I happen to get toxic I know the fight needs to end soon.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 am

I'd turtle. That would be the point. Twop them so they're stuck when I mist, then just turtle and throw dung pies to keep the gauge full.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 am

Turtling with a spear/rapier or just normal turtling? Because it'd be hilarious to just poke with a spear then switch two two-handing to stunlock once they attempt to cure it. With a rapier you can just sprint in for a BS once they decide to cure it. This has really gotten me thinking - I wouldn't want to face a build like that.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:12 am

I've never inflicted it with anything other than the Gravelord Sword. It usually takes 3 hits to inflict, but once it's activated it either lands the killing blow or makes my opponents more desperate and prone to mistakes.

I have had people come in and just pelt me with dung pies though, so I tend to carry Blooming Purple Moss Clumps(they do too). The ones with the DWGR tend to be the most effective. They'll usually go in for a backstab or free hit while I try to de-toxify myself, and just dodge if I try to fight them. If you can find people without the clumps equipped, it would probably devastate them, though I'm just guessing.

Edit: maybe add Karmic justice w/eagle shield in case they try and retaliate, it would act as a deterrent.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:43 am; edited 3 times in total
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:29 am

Toxic is good, but it takes longer to kill the opponent than you might think and most people have moss. It wouldn't work in the Arena, but in invasions you could really mess up someone's day I imagine.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:35 am

Really? I never have moss. Ever.

Maybe that explains why nobody ever seems to even bother to try with toxic.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:40 am

I keep it in the 2nd spot, bellow homeward bones, of my item list. I usually only carry humanity on my quick select slots (I'm bad at managing Items silly )
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 am

Toxic works best 60 and below I find. You can get base stats to hold GLS or DST, and without high scaling or very serious damage from either often get toxic to stick. The 2HR2 from the GLS on most armor sets is a one hit application, and it's fairly easy to punish rolls with it unlocked.

I'm not sure if some of it's attacks are enough like the mura's that a dragon body roar could get a clean jump, but it can 1h stunlock just not as well as the mura.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 am

I have a level 45 Toxin/poison build(I call it plague when someone is both poison and toxined). I kept it at level 45 because I figure people would have lower health then.

Inflicting toxin/poison is a really useful strategy. Most people don't have moss in their quick select so they'd have to go through their menu to heal themselves. Being poisoned also lessens your stamina recovery which is another disadvantage for them. Once you poison someone all you have to do is have a good shield and high endurance to block, and stay close to them to keep up the pressure. You can focus 100% of your concentration on defense, while the other person needs to focus on attacking you, defending against you, and worrying about their health.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:15 am

Experienced players shrug Poison off and ignore it, but most players will get really nervous when you poison them and start to make a lot of mistakes.

Toxic does even better job at this, but it's much harder to inflict. The best way I've found is to combine :dung: with Toxic Mist and Gravelord Sword. No need for TWoP at all. Few :dung: and few hits of Gravelord Sword and Toxic is right there. Another good strategy is to use Toxic Mist, rush in with Gravelord Sword and start hacking away. You can use Dark Silver Tracer's R2 to get Toxic as well, but I find it hard to hit with and the build up seems slower.

If you manage to get the Aux on someone stick close to them in case they want to use Moss.

There's one problem with this and that's Spider and Artorias Shields, which block Poison and Toxic. Just blocking with them cancels any Aux from front and blocks Mist spells completely (this might've been a bug when I tested it though).
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 am

From my experience, i hate it. The GLS can poison me in 2 hits, and dung pies do it one hit. Don't know how quickly the mist would do it, since i never walk close to it.

I always carry moss, it helps a lot. But it also leaves you very vulnerable against experienced players who can stay close to you and punish you when you try to use it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 am

One :dung: ?
    You're walking around naked?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 am

Dragon form.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:53 am

Spurgun wrote:Dragon form.
    No wonder then. That makes you very vulnerable to Aux. Whenever I see a Dragonbro in his natural state, the first thing I can think of is using Aux on him. I know I'm an *******, but you can bleed them with one good hit with Lifehunt and I just can't resist... sad
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:58 am

Haha, you should use poison arrows+Dung pies instead. Both will only need one hit. And with lag it's almost impossible to avoid the arrows (you get poisoned even if they don't hit, because of lag). Same with dung pies.

Then you just keep close to them and wait for them to either die from the status effect or try to heal them and eat an attack in the face. Watch out for people who try to BS when they stay close to you though (usually one of my tactics).

Edit. Oh, and i love people who use the lifehunt. It's so short, has stagger, easy to avoid attacks and you can dodge the bleed. Someone trying to use it against me almost always results in me winning.
    Use a katana or the gold tracer instead, or even the barbed straight sword, they're all better choices.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 am

Thing is, a lot of people carry moss.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 am

I'm very surprised you have never seen toxic be inflicted. There are different levels of toxic i believe(depending on how it is inflicted), but it is much better then poison. Only thing is they are both really just good for annoyance, and trying to get the other player to slip up.

Overall, poison is easier to inflict and basically does the same thing. I haven't messed around with that dark magic spell that inflicts toxic much, it didn't seem much better then toxic mist(maybe even worse). So, dung pies, toxic mist, dark fog, gravelord sword, and silver tracer(R2 only). Compare that to rotten arrows, poison knives, rotten resin, large club, and guardian tail. You notice that you just have MUCH more variety as to how you inflict poison, compared to toxic which forces you to use just a few methods(that aren't very effective imo). Personally i think poison is just much more viable, and works in the same way toxic would.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 am

The Dark magic version is regular poison, though its 4hp/per sec instead of 3. At least when you use it, I'm pretty sure the npc one is toxic :evil: don't remember though.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 am

Ah ok, i haven't been playing all that much lately. My mistake. Well, that gives poison one more way to be inflicted and toxic one less.... I do wish that spell had lower stat req, having it be 18 while Dark Bead only requires 16 is kind of odd.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 am

I'm still wondering why the katanas only weigh 1lb less than a claymnore, and that's excluding the ridiculousness that is some of the higher strength requirement weapons.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 am

I had a lvl 60 poison build that I ended up turning into my lvl 99 Quality build.

Poison and Toxic are both hilariously fun for invasions, but the number of counters to them prevent them from being too useful; Moss, Bloodsheild, Spider Sheild, Divine Blessings, the like, it's hard to keep either actually inflicted (unless Large Club + Resin), and the 3 damage from Poison and the 5 damage from Toxic don't really do that much unless together.

However, most people love to camp in the Ring of Steel Protection room in Sens if you invade in there (or at least they did for me) which is ALWAYS hilarious with the mists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:05 am