Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
skarekrow13
Samurainova
Cris the lighthearted
Ashran
MosquitoPower
BIG TIME MASTER
drmuto
Aznul
hey its andres
densetsushun
WandererReece
raecor14
Ghadis_God
xSomax
Gambs_the_Grey
CaptanSpudsy
IceIfrit666
Sloth9230
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hue
Juutas
ChizFreak
EeAyEss
Hydreigon11
lalliman
LunarFog
31 posters

You as an NPC?

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

You as an NPC? - Page 2 Empty Re: You as an NPC?

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:15 pm

I had to do it. The first time I cast homing soulmass I accidentally hit all but one into a wall, stared at it, and then went" LEGEND OF ZELDA!" Then I just walked around with it ❤
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Mine would probably be a male character dressed in a white robe similar to that of the pyromancers. He would sell ammunition at reduced prices and a new item that allows you to drop a teleportation sign and move to it from anywhere else, but you could only have one sign down at a time, and it would be where you left it in a host's world if you were summoned or invaded twisted. That could have some interesting potential in pvp and co-op. But you wouldnt be able to kill him. He would be entirely polite, but if you attacked him he would teleport a few feet away just before your attack struck and reprimand you, but not become hostile. He would cycle through different areas and change inventories with the area. Not sure what the name would be though.
    drmuto
    drmuto
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drmuto Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 am

i would be a tree hidden in the middle of the forrest , if found i would tell a story of how relaxing it is to sit in stealth watching forrest hunters search for hours. i would be a vendor selling bandits knife, ring of fog, slumbering dragon-crest ring, chameleon, hidden body, hidden weapon spells and any other stealthy items im forgetting.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 am

I could also be someone found in the Demon Ruins who sells Dung Pie, Twinkling titanite, And Elizabeth's Mushrooms (limit 10 at 10k each). I'm not sure what my intended purpose would be although I wouldn't need one as some lore fanatic would give me one. silly
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Easy.

I'm one of the Blighttown fat-so's and I reside in one of the far corners of the Blighttown swamp behind an illusory wall. I am a merchant but I only sell Dungpies for 1,000 souls a pop. I claim they are special pies but once purchased they have seemingly no special use beyond the ordinary pies.
    If you select talk, I blather in fat-so jargon, "Don't likum? Don't likum! Bloody hell well go shop sumwer else den!"

MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 pm

I would be a sub boss at lower Burg right on the bridge, I would run dual whips like this guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA029M9LIVU
    Jump to 0.50

...I would also be equally ineffective in a fight...

But seriously, I would be probably be a NPC more like Solaire , ready to help with any of the bosses. You would always run into me half dead on the levels saything things like...

"The statues...dont block the fire....with your bare hands..."
    "The goasts...attack throgh walls...."
    "Dont...stand in the....lava...."
    "There was no amazing treasure.....ahead...."
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

IceIfrit666 wrote:My character would be tall (almost twice as tall as Chester), cloaked (black), masked (mask has the Dark Sign on it). He would appear in an area and grave lord infect it until you found and hit him. If you take too long another area will be infected. If you go into Firelink there would be a new area to actually fight the man who uses poison, toxin, and curse. Winning will give you you absolutely nothing besides keeping him in that area, preventing him from randomly infecting. Outside the door is his mask. The mask is actually an item that will infect and uninfect whatever area you are in, allowing us to start the game with all areas gravelorded.

You as an NPC? - Page 2 PDV8P
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 am

My Char would be a Wandering Painted Guardian. Leaving his guard duties to go on the offensive, knowing the truth about the painting and what it keeps. Although to you he'll be a merchant in Anor Londo the Duke Archives, and Lost Izalith . Selling Twinkling titantie, Moonlight Arrows, Purge stone, Ring of Sacrfice,and Throwing Knives "Cheap" and some powerful Miracles if you messed up with Rhea. He would only show up if you did not kill Pricilla and merely left the painted world. He can be activated as a white phantom while facing Seath the Scaless. To note" He would actually be an agent for the :princess guard: to look for the missing maidens...he'll find out what happened . " If you do kill pricilla. He'll disappear from his merchant spots and invade your game as a blue phantom. To actually face him, you'd have to go to the door right outside the the painted guardian room . He'd fight with a silver knight sword and moonlight arrows "Long range". Killing him will give you 15,000 souls and 2 Twin Humanities
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:17 am

^ It's funny cuz Seath is likely Priscilla's father. (or at least i think so) So he both protects Pricilla but fights her father.
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:40 am

lalliman wrote:^ It's funny cuz Seath is likely Priscilla's father. (or at least i think so) So he both protects Pricilla but fights her father.

Thats just it. He'd know about priscilla, and yet learn of Seath doing such horrible things. Leaving her in the dark about her origins, while killing her father "In theory" for his twisted sciences. Keeping it all a secret from the one he protected. It would be better if she didn't know that her father was a monster in more ways than one. big grin
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 am

^ Excellent point indeed. I wonder though how much Priscilla knows about the outside world, or if she's just entirely isolated. Cause well, anyone could notice that she isn't descendant from a normal dragon silly But well that's off topic.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm

I would think that she would have been young as her overseers used a doll to transport her to the Painted World.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 pm

^ Ooooooohh that makes a lot of sense. Nowhere does it say that going there was her own decision and if she knew the outside world, you'd think she wouldn't talk about the inhabitants of the painted world the way she does.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Well here is part of the description of the doll: "She clutched this doll tightly, and eventually was drawn into a cold and lonely painted world." The way it is written almost suggests that she willed herself into the Painted World.
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:42 pm

lalliman wrote:^ Excellent point indeed. I wonder though how much Priscilla knows about the outside world, or if she's just entirely isolated. Cause well, anyone could notice that she isn't descendant from a normal dragon silly But well that's off topic.

I'm sure she would know of the outside world. But being a orphan, she probably has no idea who her parents are or how she was created in the first place.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:22 am

I would be a covenant leader with an extraordinary past, perhaps one of the founders of Lordran and part of the boletaria high council. If their was one...and id have interesting lore showing me as a once proud and graceful knight, and the hideous tranformation that seems to be fall many people of once such status. Lol does that seem a bit hubris? XD
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 am

I would be a Skarekrow in Darkroot. Only available if you spare three or more when you travel through the Royal Wood. I would sell tattered clothing armor that is practically useless, all the moss you can handle and three new items.

Garden shears: one hand use is like a straight sword. Two handing it unlocks the dreaded scissor move.

Tree sap: a consumable item with the description "Skarekrow gardeners were once masterful in their knowledge of the forest. This knowledge allowed them to safely harvest the sap from trees thought to be lethal. Consumption by a human causes an unsafe increase in heart rate. " Using the item increases the player's speed for 90 seconds but causes damage when the player is moving.

Watering can: Because I would love to club someone with a watering can.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 am

My character would sit at a corner of The Abyss, and would be really hard to find. And even if you did, the only dialogue you would be able to get from him would be:

"Hmm. I can't see anything. It's so bright in here."
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am

lalliman wrote:If only you were an NPC, LunarFog!! Then at least i could DW without having to defeat the 4 kings silly They're one of the most annoying bosses IMO.
    I find the 4Kings pretty easy if I tank up on Magic def....Using a starting class pyro glove an Power Within.....Swing away my Son....Swing away.....You as an NPC? - Page 2 3378427106
    My NPC would be a Merc and he would travel the world of Lordran.You could by his goods or higher him to fight by your side for a price....
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Djem wrote:My character would sit at a corner of The Abyss, and would be really hard to find. And even if you did, the only dialogue you would be able to get from him would be:

"Hmm. I can't see anything. It's so bright in here."

Thats an awesome idea!!!! big grin
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    lalliman wrote:If only you were an NPC, LunarFog!! Then at least i could DW without having to defeat the 4 kings silly They're one of the most annoying bosses IMO.
    I find the 4Kings pretty easy if I tank up on Magic def....Using a starting class pyro glove an Power Within.....Swing away my Son....Swing away.....You as an NPC? - Page 2 3378427106
    My NPC would be a Merc and he would travel the world of Lordran.You could by his goods or higher him to fight by your side for a price....

On Ng+++ they are one of the hardest if not THE hardest boss in the game. Each has about 8000 health. :/
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:18 pm

If my character was an NPC they would probably be located by the area that overlooks the Valley of the Drakes. They would of course sell... prism stones and rubbish.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:

On Ng+++ they are one of the hardest if not THE hardest boss in the game. Each has about 8000 health. :/
    :affraid: lol......Although I still stand by using PowerWithin....But yeah I had a hard time fighting them on my SL300+ NG+6 Save (Come to think about it everything is bloody solid at NG+6 :roll:)so I totaly agree the 4Kings are no easy push overs after NG+.To be honest out of all the Lords Souls there's is the worst I fear to get.You can bet Im loseing my souls an Humanity every time.😢

Last edited by Bioraptor on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Extra's)
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm

If you stand really close to the Kings and maybe have a friend help you should be fine. I normally use something with decent magic defense and poise so usually stone armor although at higher NG I'd mix the dingy set with Havel's for a good balance.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:01 pm

^ Yah but bringing friends makes all bosses easier.
    What adds to the 4 kings annoyance is that you're missing 1 ring slot (so if you use havels or fap ring, you basically have no ring slot) and the darkness is fcking CONFUZZLING D:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:26 am