Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Cloudrunner
Maneater_Mildred
BLA1NE
ChizFreak
strangejoy
Carphil
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
RANT
Back Lot Basher
15 posters

TWoP seems sort of...lame

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

TWoP seems sort of...lame - Page 2 Empty Re: TWoP seems sort of...lame

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Robotech wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:It's still annoying. I'll invade 3v1, then they start using TWoP... How pathetic. Impossible not to get surrounded in that situation.

I hate that spell, it just goes against my values. When I fight someone, I fight them to the best of my abilities and theirs. TWoP is used to put your opponent at a handicap by taking away their mobility. And since all my builds are predicated on mobility, you've just gimped my build in order to tilt the fight in your favor. It's cowardly.

imo you sir are wrong! i dont care what built you are, and i dont see the reason why i should respect your built at all. As long as you invade my game to kill me you are my enemy and i will use whatever i have available to help me end up bowing over your dead body. Imo pvp should be like use whatever you want, just bow at the start and the end of the duel to show respect, nothing else.

Dude, do you know who are you talking with? He is Blaine! you better delete this post before everyone in the wiki start hating you, just saying
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Robotech wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:It's still annoying. I'll invade 3v1, then they start using TWoP... How pathetic. Impossible not to get surrounded in that situation.

I hate that spell, it just goes against my values. When I fight someone, I fight them to the best of my abilities and theirs. TWoP is used to put your opponent at a handicap by taking away their mobility. And since all my builds are predicated on mobility, you've just gimped my build in order to tilt the fight in your favor. It's cowardly.

imo you sir are wrong! i dont care what built you are, and i dont see the reason why i should respect your built at all. As long as you invade my game to kill me you are my enemy and i will use whatever i have available to help me end up bowing over your dead body. Imo pvp should be like use whatever you want, just bow at the start and the end of the duel to show respect, nothing else.

so.... you're saying you use TWoP and WoG Spam?
    bending_sinister
    bending_sinister

Post by bending_sinister Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Like people said, it's harder to use to great effect now. In PvP I've seen it used effectively as an "ambush" spell. People will hide and spring it on you once you're close. If you're in range they'll try to go in immediately for a backstab or spam WoG. When I see it used I either move away or cast an acid cloud forcing them to go through it to get to me. If it's used openly it's easy to simply move out of range and wait for it to expire.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:46 pm

that is if you don't get caught in the range of the thing which was nerfed but still got quite some slow down range

i personally go as low as them and spam WoG if they're gonna spam WoG or backstab me its only fair i screw then over before they screw me over
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

Dude, do you know who are you talking with? He is Blaine! you better delete this post before everyone in the wiki start hating you, just saying

and i am Robotech... nice to meet you.

I dont know who Blaine is, neither i have anything against him, but if you want to lick Blaine's ass for some reason go ahead, i dont care.

If this forum is against freedom of speech and members are not allowed to express their opinion politely as i did, let me know and i quit now.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Robotech wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

and i am Robotech... nice to meet you.

I dont know who Blaine is, neither i have anything against him, but if you want to lick Blaine's ass for some reason go ahead, i dont care.

If this forum is against freedom of speech and members are not allowed to express their opinion politely as i did, let me know and i quit now.

whoa whoa whoa no need for so much hostility we're just here to discuss stuff everyone is free to talk whathever they want here man

although... if you are a TWoP and WoG spammer get out of here NOW! (just kidding silly)

TWoP and WoG spam is pretty low in my opinion

dominoboy
    dominoboy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dominoboy Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 pm

That miracle was one of those things that were really overpowered and PtS it was nerfed! There's no use for it now
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:59 pm

dominoboy wrote:That miracle was one of those things that were really overpowered and PtS it was nerfed! There's no use for it now

you can cast it,run into someone and they cannot move at all meaning you're open to do anything oyu want without they being able to dodge at all
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Twop is just another miracle available in the game. If it is there and the developers kept it there after the patch, i dont understand why ppl should not use it in every situation they feel it will be usefull. I have 1800 hp on my main char and many times i get one-shotted from crystal soulmass, or thrown out of ledges by force, does this mean i should ask for everyone not to use these spells because they kill me? No. I must simply adapt or die and not say a word about it.

@scudman_slayer no i personally dont use such techniques, i just dont understand why there is so much talk about this miracle, or in general why invaders should expect their in-game enemies to make their lives easier when they invade their world making their boss runs a mess.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    dominoboy wrote:That miracle was one of those things that were really overpowered and PtS it was nerfed! There's no use for it now

you can cast it,run into someone and they cannot move at all meaning you're open to do anything oyu want without they being able to dodge at all

Are you talking about pre patch? Cause its just a slow similar to walking thru the swamp now. You can still dodge roll and everything.

Not really worth the attunement slot now, but it was overpowered before and needed the nerf.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:02 am

Carphil wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

lol thanks!

@Robotech:

You're entitled to your opinion. Way I see it though, if I invade and am outnumbered 3 to 1, I don't see where the satisfaction is in getting yourself another advantage over me. I love 3v1s, but let's be realistic, my only chance at winning them is if I have my mobility. Take that away from me and my chances of winning literally drop to 0%. Not because you had any kind of skill, but because you used a spell that made mine irrelevant. I invade with no shield, no spells, no items, and my only weapons are a parrying dagger and a bandit's knife--no gimmicks, no cheap tricks. If on top of that you need to take away my mobility to win, despite the fact that you outnumbered me, then fine. Just don't bow after the fight.

As for duels, it's a different story. Since they're 1v1, then theoretically I should be able to run away for the short duration of the spell. But that's not my style. I'm a very aggressive fighter, and I'm always on the offensive (duh, I have no shield!). If I get killed because of TWoP in a duel, I guess it's my fault for never running away! But now that I think about it... I don't think I've every been killed because of that spell in a duel. So... see paragraph 1!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:45 am