Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Azamuth
LunarFog
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
vash
9 posters

blighttown bleeding

vash

blighttown bleeding Empty blighttown bleeding

Post by vash Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 am

ive tried searching google and cant find a thing on this, im at what i believe to be the bottom of the blighttown area and it appears to be a swampy area but just standing it the water causes my bleed to go up insanly fast. how do i stop this or what do i do?
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

blighttown bleeding Empty Re: blighttown bleeding

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 am

I think by bleed you mean poison. The entire swamp down there causes poison.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 am

it shouldn't be bleed but instead poison. If you are coming down from upper blight town its a good idea to pick up the shadow set armour, which has good poison defense, or wear pyromancer gear if you started as one (you can also find this armour set in the swamp).

The shadow set is near the bonfire in the area, go out to where the two inferno dogs are but turn right just before you aggro them, climb the stairs past the inhabitants and walk across the narrow path way, climb another ladder and take a left, you should walk behind a wall, and into a sort of "secret" area.

Even with this armour you are still likely to get poisoned, buy blooming or purple moss from the vender in the aquaduct (female undead) or farm it off the trents in the woods.

You can also catch a ride back to undead asylum and pick up a ring that will make you walk normally in the thick swamp. You will have to climb to the top of firelink and hide in a birds nest though, remember to grab the item you see on the roof over petrus the cleric. Its a key to unlock a door before the ring.

... Hopefully that helps some. blighttown bleeding 715812137
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 am

Just tank it out and keep in mind that no matter how bad the swamp down there poisons you, I will poison you worse if I ever find you.
    Azamuth
    Azamuth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Azamuth Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 am

The Thief set you get at Lower Undead Burg is also a good option for the lower area of Blighttown. Also, if you prefer, you can go back to the Northern Undead Asylum(if you haven't already, that is) and get the Rusted Iron Ring, which will make your character move normally through the swamp area. Also just uh...look out for invaders xD~
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 am

Poison isn't that bad, toxic kills you worse(the toxic darters are the ones you should look out for).

Increasing poison resist with gear like the Pyro set is always handy(not to mention the fire def is handy against the boss), it's always handy to carry at least 20-40 moss on you if you want to tread the swamp(depending on how much ground you want to cover and/or how many times you expect to die at the boss and have to walk through it again).

And like someone said, get the Rusted Iron ring from the Undead Asylum. If you haven't gone back yet, check a video on youtube on how to get back, but get ready to fight against Oscar(the guy you got the Estus Flasks from). It is possible to suicide rush through and grab the ring though but you need pretty good evasion skills.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 am

I always pick up a couple purple moss. But, the poison takes your life off very slow, so I just usually don't worry about it much until I'm out of the swamp. No use curing poison if you are still walking in the swamp.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 am

You can also use items such as the poisonBite Ring to up your defence of poison.The ring is sold by Oswald of Carim for 15000souls.To be honest it is a good ring although if I had to make the choice I would by moss.Also there are weapons and shields that give you a boost to res...poison effects such as the blood Shield although I doubt you have acsess to this yet.If when fighting the Gargoyles at the Parish,if you cut the tail off the gargoyle it will give you a weapon drop which also boost your poison defence.So if you get the ring(s) weapon an armour with plenty of moss the only problems you should have are DarkWraith invaders....happy
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am

Use resistant gear and purple moss to solve your poison issues. Though you can also fin the remedy sorcery nearby, I believe it is near the shortcut back to firelink shrine, above the giant waterwheel-type thing, but across the branch. Remedy, like purple moss, completely empties your poison meter. Also, if you jump off of the elevator that goes between firelink shrine and the undead parish (do it on the way up as soon as you pass the first/second roof) you can get to the key that opens up the part of the undead asylum where the rusted iron ring resides, it will be highly useful in the swamp and several locations later on, I recommend getting it soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 am