Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
NordNorth
tahiko
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
martyrsbrigade99
SpecOps0
dancash1808
nemesismonkey
Tolvo
FrEyes
Carphil
SlayerOfThe4Kings
16 posters

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong? Empty Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Just want you guys opinion
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong? Empty Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

Post by Carphil Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 pm

after SL 140, yes
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong? Empty Re: Is the sword of Artorias(uncursed) really strong?

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Carphil wrote:after SL 140, yes
    Does the sword have anything to do with scaling humanities?
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 pm

SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    No, I think it scales best with Int and Faith
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

FrEyes wrote:
    SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    No, I think it scales best with Int and Faith
    Doesn't the sword do the most damage when it's up against undeads?
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Thats caused by divine aux effect.
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:14 pm

FrEyes wrote:Thats caused by divine aux effect.
    Is it true the sword's attack points can go up to 1000 with the right scaling?
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    FrEyes wrote:Thats caused by divine aux effect.
    Is it true the sword's attack points can go up to 1000 with the right scaling?
    No I think not http://tinyurl.com/d769lnv
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:32 pm

You can actually end up doing more damage with the cursed version because of the split damage on uncursed.
    nemesismonkey
    nemesismonkey
    Casual
    Casual

Post by nemesismonkey Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:22 pm

See http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=318358734
    The cursed version is a pretty good weapon. Has slightly longer reach then the claymore and some other great swords. It just requires some wasted stat points.
    And it cant be buffed which is a pity. Whether of not the slight AR increase is worth it is up to you.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe. The axe does pretty good damage and its pretty fast to swing than the Dragon Great Sword. Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:
    nemesismonkey
    nemesismonkey
    Casual
    Casual

Post by nemesismonkey Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:32 pm

SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Having a character with all 45's on its scaling stats I would say it is a trap. just pick up the MLGS or a +15 flamberge/claymore MLGS does straight magic damage which is nice and flamberge/claymore can be buffed which makes them more powerful easily with less stats invested.
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe.Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:
    I would say yes. BkGA is a good weapon with very high AR and a quickness that outshines a lot of stuff. I think it is easy to play with and that's why it is so popular. And with the Ar so high back stabs really punish.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Black knights great axe is powerful. however things that I should mention.
    If you use its jumping attack you are wide open. and because it is so widely used the parry window is second nature to some PvP'ers (I'm not quite that good but its moveset has no surprises really.)
    I would rather the MLGS because it goes through most shields quite nicely. and it is one of the few one type non physical damage weapons. (less range than the BKGA about equal in terms of stunlocking but it has ranged attacks and only requires one stat to scale)
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Black knights great axe is powerful. however things that I should mention.
    If you use its jumping attack you are wide open. and because it is so widely used the parry window is second nature to some PvP'ers (I'm not quite that good but its moveset has no surprises really.)
    I would rather the MLGS because it goes through most shields quite nicely. and it is one of the few one type non physical damage weapons. (less range than the BKGA about equal in terms of stunlocking but it has ranged attacks and only requires one stat to scale)
    ah yes the Magic Beam big grin
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Indeed. magic beams are great for PvE if you can rest at a bonfire and repair regularly. PvP I find they work on people once before they get wise. I like to do it as they rush in.
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Indeed. magic beams are great for PvE if you can rest at a bonfire and repair regularly. PvP I find they work on people once before they get wise. I like to do it as they rush in.
    I use the (two handed)magic beam when Im up against 2 or 3 phantoms. Knocks them right down hehe. Then I use the one handed magic beam when my opponents are running away from me twisted big grin big grin
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Running away is just plain silly. it invites a backstab :') (just waiting for the day when someone baits me by running and switches to a halberd and destroys me xD)
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Running away is just plain silly. it invites a backstab :') (just waiting for the day when someone baits me by running and switches to a halberd and destroys me xD)
    I know it invites a back stab but it's hard when your opponent can just cartwheel all the way so I just magic beam them(more funner also big grin big grin)Somebody baited me before I never even saw it.
    SpecOps0
    Regular
    Regular

Post by SpecOps0 Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm

It cant outdo other +15 weapons at NG3(upwards) as it has split AR which reduces it's damage. Good thing is, is it's good good scaling. I mean C, C ,C ,C that is really good only if it had more base damage. sad
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 pm

The Greatsword of Artorias, both cursed and divine version, requires specials builds to work. In the right hands, this sword becomes one of the greatest weapons in the game, however, if you like handling easy and overused weapons, this sword is not for you.

My build for the divine version: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2767108177980879

With 30 faith and 30 inteligence, the cursed version would do about 120 or 150 more damage
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:07 pm

SL 167 giving you 577 damage.
    one better alternative. no split damage and magic damage is usually less well defended. http://tinyurl.com/7bmb8ns although it has less overall damage it should do more.
    second alternative http://tinyurl.com/886z4ke
    you lose out on spellcasting but no split damage. in reality I would take a ton of points of strength and put them into getting a buff but it shows that it simply is not worth it.

if you insisted on using it. http://tinyurl.com/6tt8f2l 2 hand it for 40 effective strength.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 pm

SlayerOfThe4Kings wrote:
    Would the Black knight axe be better than the MLGS, if wanting for a faster kill? Just wondering because I see many people use Black knight axe. The axe does pretty good damage and its pretty fast to swing than the Dragon Great Sword. Is it because of its ridiculously long reach and quickness? :shock: :shock:

I would stay away from the black knight great axe. Using that weapon is asking for a riposte.
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Carphil wrote:The Greatsword of Artorias, both cursed and divine version, requires specials builds to work. In the right hands, this sword becomes one of the greatest weapons in the game, however, if you like handling easy and overused weapons, this sword is not for you.

My build for the divine version: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2767108177980879

With 30 faith and 30 inteligence, the cursed version would do about 120 or 150 more damage
    Great info Man! big grin big grin big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Black knights great axe is powerful. however things that I should mention.
    With the bkga dead angleing is the answer to both turtle and parry hounds. The bkga is really good at it too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:37 am