Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
NPCWhiteMage
Ecko
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
PhoenixStar125
Uparkaam
GkMrBane
JoeBroski09
Spurgun
billy_bayonet
Rynn
mugenis4real
FexDS
Quarik
Digitalyzed
Blackie
Darkson
Hannonball
ARSP
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Midgar
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
Enigma5991
Maneater_Mildred
User
Wade_Wilson
Whknight
nsane32
Kyubi-Nick
Dj-B-Man-Jr
befowler
berkut
JohnnyHarpoon
Henkyona
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Emergence
Reaperfan
Carphil
Serious_Much
45 posters

Brony Thread

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Brony Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Brony Thread

Post by Reaperfan Sun May 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Those are awesome hellooo, one can't even imagine the dimensional breaks that would happen with Pinkie Pie and Deadpool in the same room, it would literally defy comprehension:lol!:

And to all who are interested, the "orange one" is Golden Harvest winking

@Serious: Don't ever call Derpy retarded. If there's one thing that has a chance of successfully making a dedicated brony upset it's that. If you want me to elaborate on the situation involving Derpy I will, but know that this is actually a big issue amongst the bronies, and isn't to be treated lightly.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Off topic, but Deadpool's getting his own movie! Fourth wall, prepare your anus!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

damn you for making me laugh Wade, i was trying to not wake my little brother silly
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 pm

hellooo wrote:damn you for making me laugh Wade, i was trying to not wake my little brother silly

What made you laugh?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Off topic, but Deadpool's getting his own movie! Fourth wall, prepare your anus!

this.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Reaperfan wrote:@Serious: Don't ever call Derpy retarded. If there's one thing that has a chance of successfully making a dedicated brony upset it's that. If you want me to elaborate on the situation involving Derpy I will, but know that this is actually a big issue amongst the bronies, and isn't to be treated lightly.

Pray do tell. I know that the bronies themselves came up with the character, but then at the same time it's their fault for creating the character being able to be plainly seen as a bit special. But I don't know the actual story behind her.

Believe me though when I say I think getting offended for a fictional character may be taking your dedication a slight too far silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun May 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Pray do tell.

*clears throat*

Derpy started all the way back in episode 1 as a background pony. Nobody would have noticed if not for the animation error that skewed her eyes, but some brony caught it and thought up a very general fan personality for the character as a very clumsy pegasus, comparable to Ed from Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy or Patrick from Spongebob. The brony community took a liking to this particular character and started making her a more and more detailed character. The creators of the show, being as conscious of the bronies as they are, also caught word of this fan character and as a slight homage to the bronies and Derpy's origins as a background character they decided to bring back Derpy continuously as a background character and put her in the episodes in of "Where's Waldo" sort of way. (about 1:14 into that video is the original animation error version).

After a while she got somewhat promoted to having actual characteristics of the fan created personality such as bringing back the skewed eyes and showcasing her as more than just a reoccuring face in the background (examples of this start at about 5:16 in the earlier video), showing that the creators had not only recognized the character, but were adopting the fan-made version of it as an actual character. This hit it's peak in season 2 when they upgraded Derpy further into a speaking role, much to the joy of the bronies. They had basically solidified a piece of brony fandom as a canon. However, this is where the problem began.

As a background character, Derpy never caught much attention outside those who were looking for her. Once she got some major screentime and a voice, people who didn't know the relatively innocent roots of the character thought Hasbro had put her in specifically as a mentally-challenged character and that she was offensive to mentally-challenged viewers of the show. Several iterations of the story exist, but the end result is that Derpy and her one canonizing scene got significantly edited by unskewing Derpy's eyes, making her voice much milder, and making Rainbow Dash get much less upset at her. This led to a big backlash from the bronies, since it seemed like it basically invalidated the most significant shout-out to them in the series so far, and alot of bronies are still unclear how they feel about Derpy's change. Some are still angry that Hasbro "caved to the helicopter parents" and censored something that was not truly offensive at all. Some have accepted the change for what it is, and are happy as long as Hasbro doesn't just scrap the character completely. Some don't care what happens to the character, because they feel that the one original shout-out was enough. There's alot of varying opinions on the matter, though it has settled down quite a bit as people come to accept what happened.

Hasbro has no intentions of scrapping the character, but it seems she will at best be reverted back into a purely non-speaking background role, and the edited version of her scene is what will be shown in the official versions of the episode. After having rewatched the edited scene a few times, I personally find myself in the second camp of people I described above. I don't want to see Derpy go away completely, but as long as she's there I'll know that they're still paying attention to us bronies happy

Now I can only imagine what would happen if they officially put in the Fausticorn...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 06, 2012 10:01 pm

When I saw the essay I instantly regretted asking about derpy silly

I love on the 2nd video how people are so amazed by the character talking... and by amazed i mean a little disturbed.

Also bronies like the back story and subtleties? they were saying it was the best episode just because a pony they made up was in it for no explicable reason lol!

However, after watching she is 100% portrayed as a little wrong in the head.. it's actually undeniable.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 08, 2012 5:33 am

I feel the need to post something to liven this thread up, but I can't think of anything... *bounces away in a terrifying manner*
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue May 08, 2012 8:52 am

On a side note I got invaded by a Brony the other day. Fex (or was it baal?) told me that I can't post GTs but his GT made it obvious he was a fan of rainbow dash when he invaded me he said "Fear the rainbow" we dueled for a bit (nothing special just a standard dex/faith pvp build) after I killed him I messaged him "I tasted the rainbow and I liked it"(obvious skittles reference) I got a friend request from him and I accepted it. Just something interesting that happened to me the other day
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue May 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Anyone got stories of meeting bronies in real life? I already posted mine way back, it is unbeatable.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm

does this forum count as real life?
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm

One of the stories I can tell was that went to a program involving lego mindstorms and we created robots. THe program directors gave a challenge program a robot to go through their maze. Our robot did the job but we had to create an emblem. The three of us created an emblem I put on the emblem a flaming sun, my first partner put on a texas lonestar (you can guess where he is from) and the third guy put a pony who I later found out was fluttershy dead center in the emblem. The other guy was pissed I stared at him and said "Brony?" he said "Yup" a few awkward moments later "you one too?" "Nope but I do talk to bronies on a forum" "Which one?" "Souls wiki" "Ahh Darksouls that game was too hard for me" I shrugged. We got made fun of a bit for the emblem but our robot finished the course long before they did so hah.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm

hellooo wrote:does this forum count as real life?

Nope.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm

sad i would have had many fun stories if forums counted a real life silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 pm

No, I have no real life instances of meeting bronies, I'm kinda glad in that sense, lets me preserve my hilarious mental image of you (which i know is obviously not true but still)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue May 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Serious_Much wrote:No, I have no real life instances of meeting bronies, I'm kinda glad in that sense, lets me preserve my hilarious mental image of you (which i know is obviously not true but still)

I'm assuming that your mental image of us is that we're all 30 year old autistic virgin basement dwelling paedophilic man-children?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:I'm assuming that your mental image of us is that we're all 30 year old autistic virgin basement dwelling paedophilic man-children?

Don't be silly, everyone knows autism sufferers like pokemon, not ponies. lol!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:I'm assuming that your mental image of us is that we're all 30 year old autistic virgin basement dwelling paedophilic man-children?

Oh yeah, we all have aspergers, not autism. Silly me.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 08, 2012 2:02 pm

i actually have aspergers :|
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Oh yeah, we all have aspergers, not autism. Silly me.

Ironically the guy who I used the pokemon example from was actually an aspergers sufferer... Besides it's just a more severe form of autism silly

Also hellooo i do not mean to offend you, I'm just bantering pony lovers silly
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue May 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Serious you keep bantering the but we already know you are a pony lover and hey there is nothing wrong with that. Feel free to come out of the Pony Closet anytime.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 08, 2012 2:26 pm

im not offended silly . i have been bullied enough to not care about things like that big grin

also, i think that im becoming a brony. i started watching the show a few ago just for lulz, but im really liking it silly
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 pm

hellooo wrote:im not offended silly . i have been bullied enough to not care about things like that big grin

also, i think that im becoming a brony. i started watching the show a few ago just for lulz, but im really liking it silly

Welcome to the herd! How many episodes have you watched so far? I didn't classify myself as a brony until about episode 8.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, ARSP I watched 3 episodes because reaper asked, and frankly I really didn't enjoy it very much, I just cringed at all the rainbows love and happiness that was getting crammed down my throat silly

edit: Wade you gave me yet more ammunition to back up my claim to not be a brony, yay lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 pm