Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Rifter7
Glutebrah
PlasticandRage
Casdman
8 posters

Trouble with bows?

Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Trouble with bows? Empty Trouble with bows?

Post by Casdman Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Recently I've been having a bit of trouble with both users and was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

Whenever I fight a bow user it usually just end up in a dance of me dodging arrows, running up to him, him back-flipping away, rinse and repeat. this continues until one of us screws up or my connection gets bad and i cant dodge the arrows properly anymore. There just has to be a better way to deal with fast bow users besides waiting for one of us to screw up.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this problem is really only present on my str builds, where i don't have a ranged attack readily available.

Last edited by Casdman on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Trouble with bows? Empty Re: Trouble with bows?

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Sorcery, dexterity, and poise. Wait for someone to start shooting arrows at you, get into lock-on range, and fire a Crystal Soul Spear right back. See how they react to that one. Dex will decrease your casting time, so once you start to cast you'll be quick about it, poise will make it so that once you've started to cast, you won't be interrupted by taking arrow hits.

If you're fast enough to be ninja flipping you could always just crowd them until they change tactics too. That's generally how I handle spell casters. You just don't give them a chance to cast. If somebody pulls out a ranged weapon, run right in, and get as close as you can, and if they start to draw an arrow punish them with a BS or a heavy attack. Poise will definitely help with this either way, because you'll be able to shrug off their lightly damaging arrow hits while you land bigger hits.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm

flip back and forth side ways till they get bored and/or use all of their 1,998 arrows, forcing them to melee.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 pm

i just manually aim when people start dancing around.. thats probably the worst case scenario for someone avoiding the shots.

run up to them... but don't just go for an r1 unless you know you can dead angle it or hit outside of parry range.

instead just get close, dodge an arrow and do an insta dash locked on dash bs. lag will usually show you running up to their side and then them suddenly being backstabbed if you do it with as little sprinting as possible.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm

You don't dodge arrows silly. You use your 21 castings of Force to repel them like a pro!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Roll against them and when you're close use a rolling attack. If they use Poison arrows because of lag even if they don't hit you they will poison you but don't panic, it's just poison it will take forever to kill you.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 am

Use shield, block their arrows and just stand there. If they try to chip damage you, or Poison you, just heal it off. They will get bored soon enough and come to melee.

Be carefull, some players, like me, use Bow to lure an attack and parry you, so be sure to attack them only when you see the arrow leave the bow. You will get hit, but the cances are that your weapon will greatly outdamage the bow.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am

The thing with ranged guys is that you do not want them to pull off their tricks. Get right in their faces and annihilated them. Do not give them the opportunity to do so. When i meet a caster that spams, shield up and close the distance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:38 pm