Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
twilightwarwolf
Myztyrio
FullSpe3D
Thundergrip
skarekrow13
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JumpsU3vs1
DianaDieHard
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
SlakeMoth
xSomax
Sentiel
Juutas
Slarg232
Aznul
LunarFog
ChizFreak
The Letter X
Sloth9230
Carphil
reim0027
Tolvo
Phoenix Rising
XachAttack
Serious_Much
Samurainova
31 posters

What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player.

Poll

What do you think is the most important aspect of a dark souls player

[ 10 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 14 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 46 ]
    What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap65%What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [65%] 

Total Votes: 71
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player.

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 am

D as well.

Willpower seems to be crucial to play any Souls game.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player. - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think is most important to a Dark Souls Player.

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 am

indeed chiz. D is the most important, because without the will to go, all of the other 3 are useless.

that said, A is the most important to me personally, mostly because of my white knightedness. i vastly prefer a bow, a few seconds to buff(whether i do or not) and a straightforward duel, but i don't plan to impose that etiquette on other players(aside from griefers like lunar, just so no one calls me on that)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:12 am

It has to be D for me because it's only through sheer bloodymindedness that I got the Platinum. I'm also not a typical Dark Souls player being a female who is well past sixty years of age.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:It has to be D for me because it's only through sheer bloodymindedness that I got the Platinum. I'm also not a typical Dark Souls player being a female who is well past sixty years of age.

That's bada$$, makes me wonder if ill be gaming at that age happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    SlakeMoth wrote:It has to be D for me because it's only through sheer bloodymindedness that I got the Platinum. I'm also not a typical Dark Souls player being a female who is well past sixty years of age.

That's bada$$, makes me wonder if ill be gaming at that age happy
    Slake, you are 60+? Impressive, girl!
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 am

Hey slake, out of curiosity what was it like when pong first came out?? big grin
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 pm

A
    -The will to go on started with Demon's Souls for me. By the time Dark Souls came out, my anal orifice already resembled a catchers mitt thanks to The Maneaters and my lack of knowledge about the ranged attack glitch.
    -I guess it also depends on what you consider important. Slabs? Progression? Well, I've gotten waaaaaaaaaaay more slabs from using the Black Crystal on phantoms that bs Catbros while they're bowing when I host. Also made a lot of friends, and gotten all kinds of thank you messages.
    -So from a monetary point of view, hosting in an honorable fashion has been much more beneficial to me than skill I aquired from countless hours of Demon's Souls.
    -If I never played Demon's Souls...then D for sure.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I never got to play demon souls because I'm on Xbox 360 :/ I did play a little of it though, and I must admit that playing dark souls made demon souls MUCH easier, and thank you for your story of perseverance happy btw what is anal orifice?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Samurainova wrote:what is anal orifice?
    silly
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:what is anal orifice?
    silly

I honestly dont know :S
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Samurainova wrote:I never got to play demon souls because I'm on Xbox 360 :/ I did play a little of it though, and I must admit that playing dark souls made demon souls MUCH easier, and thank you for your story of perseverance happy btw what is anal orifice?
    -Uuuuum, lol, uuuhhh, hehe, weellllll, *chuckles.
    -I'm sorry. That might have been a poor choice of wording on my behalf...its wear poop comes out, hehe.
    -I'm just saying that Dark Souls was preordered and highly anticipated by myself AND my wife. We were ready for the, uuuuuh, bending over.
    -On a brighter note. Your threads are awesome dude. Always very creative, well thought out, and very interesting. I enjoy reading them a lot.
    -I certainly hope you're going into some sort of art/literature field in the future. You'd have the whole package if you could draw.
    -Great stuff, keep em coming.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Helpful summons. Summoned some chump the other day and all he did (2 or 3 times in a row) would just die on purpose as soon as we entered the O+S fog gate.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 am

Flankydizzle wrote:Helpful summons. Summoned some chump the other day and all he did (2 or 3 times in a row) would just die on purpose as soon as we entered the O+S fog gate.

Thats an odd way to troll....
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:I never got to play demon souls because I'm on Xbox 360 :/ I did play a little of it though, and I must admit that playing dark souls made demon souls MUCH easier, and thank you for your story of perseverance happy btw what is anal orifice?
    -Uuuuum, lol, uuuhhh, hehe, weellllll, *chuckles.
    -I'm sorry. That might have been a poor choice of wording on my behalf...its wear poop comes out, hehe.
    -I'm just saying that Dark Souls was preordered and highly anticipated by myself AND my wife. We were ready for the, uuuuuh, bending over.
    -On a brighter note. Your threads are awesome dude. Always very creative, well thought out, and very interesting. I enjoy reading them a lot.
    -I certainly hope you're going into some sort of art/literature field in the future. You'd have the whole package if you could draw.
    -Great stuff, keep em coming.

Thanks dude i really appreciate it!!!! Like literally im not just saying that, i put a lot of thought and work into these posts it means a lot. And i do draw actually i sketch a lot of Dark souls art as well as builds. It's all in this journal i keep, it's also wear i brainstorm dark souls riddles of the week. ^^
    DianaDieHard
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DianaDieHard Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 am

Well I guess ill be the first to say it, I enjoy fame! I like the idea of someone cursing my name as I woop their booty to the curb. big grin
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:13 am

DianaDieHard wrote:Well I guess ill be the first to say it, I enjoy fame! I like the idea of someone cursing my name as I woop their booty to the curb. big grin

Wow! Thanks for being the first to say so big grin
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:39 pm

*Just bumping cool older threads.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Cool thanks bro happy
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:48 pm

I'll expand on option D and say that if you can take all your losses without complaining and just decide to get better, then you have my utmost respect, moreso than I'd give the "best" Dark Souls player ever.

I fought someone who is pretty high in the BotG a few times recently and went 4-2 against him. He is good, very good, but after in messaged him saying "Gg" he told me that the lag was crazy. I thought it was fine, so I asked a few different people if I was lagging as my PvP session went on, and none of them said I was lagging. Who knows, I could have been lagging for that one guy, but it made me think more lowly of him than before. I thought lowly of him in the first place since he did not return my bows and would use "ugly" gestures when he won.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it off my chest. I don't believe that guy has what is important for a Dark Souls player.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:27 pm

@The Letter X

Ya dude, I've had similar experiences. However, it sounds like option "A" might be equally important to you.

Imo, option "D" is really only important when you first start playing. After awhile, the BoC, ganking, loosing 1 million souls all become sort of...idk tolerable.

The only thing really left for me is option "A". It is what makes me keep a Black Crystal on me at all times when hosting in the forest. I dont care if you are my phantom, you backstab a bow and you're gone, period.

I know the forest is different, but aren't we all? lol

I do appreciate option "D" though, not saying I don't. One of my life philosophies is "True strength comes by being able to admit and confront your weakness."

You will always make mistakes, but can you see them, admit them, and correct them? If nothing else at least try to avoid them? I believe a fearless warrior, is a dead warrior.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Option A has become moot to me for the most part. If someone doesn't follow my code of etiquette then oh well, I'll just keep it to myself for the most part. But without D you can never improve, and you cannot become a great player if you cap out somewhere.

I still like A, but I can't control someone's etiquette, nor can I control their will to get better...
    I feel so hypocritical. lol!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 pm

The Letter X wrote:I feel so hypocritical. lol!

I got ya beat one that one bro. I started a thread called, "Posting Etiquette something or other" and then flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamed the he|| outta this guy that night.

I felt like just sitting in a corner :mask-sack:

I guess thats where the whole "admitting your wealnesses" comes in.

DISCLAIMER

I apologize to forum again and blame it on my nazi wife for buying cheap wine.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 am

You made a post animaaaal??? I want to read it what's it called?
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 pm

There was no "Other" option? Personally I think its numbers. The game is far easier when you coop. Both PVE and PVP.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm

i claim option E. Insanity
    rules and quantifications mean nothing, just do whatever preferably while looking funny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:09 pm