Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Cris the lighthearted
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BLA1NE
BIG TIME MASTER
Ashran
WandererReece
moomootv
xSomax
raecor14
Sentiel
Aznul
CaptanSpudsy
LunarFog
Tolvo
Carphil
The Letter X
Soris Ice Goldwing
Ghadis_God
Samurainova
23 posters

What fuels your fire?

Poll

What emotion fuels your inner soul the most. ( PVP)

[ 14 ]
    What fuels your fire? I_vote_lcap34%What fuels your fire? I_vote_rcap [34%] 
    [ 9 ]
    What fuels your fire? I_vote_lcap22%What fuels your fire? I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What fuels your fire? I_vote_lcap10%What fuels your fire? I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 14 ]
    What fuels your fire? I_vote_lcap34%What fuels your fire? I_vote_rcap [34%] 

Total Votes: 41
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What fuels your fire? Empty What fuels your fire?

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Okay guys please be completely honest with yourself rather than attempting to sound like the good guy. I want honesty on this poll, not saying any of you lie but please be sincere, its important. To be honest, i must admit that the vast majority of my emotion was revenge. I do try my best to steer towards a path of love but i must admit out of my 1000 hours at least have was pure revenge. Well What is it
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

What fuels your fire? Empty Re: What fuels your fire?

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Libido. Maybe just once, after I kill the two knights, Gwynevere will... ohhhh. Maybe that's the secret of the Pendant. Maybe if I go to NG+69... It's all that keeps me going after thousands of hours of dark souls, a tired and broken (and horny) man.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm

I have to admit I'm impressed by your devotion to this stuff. Brings out something I did not expect to see here. Though I do like how your trying to get the real truth from us. But to add I'm crossed at the middle between love and revenge. I love to help others but then I can't stand those who try real low things in my opinion and bring that feeling of revenge to me.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Hope is the closest answer to what keeps me going. The only reason I fight is to prove a single thing, and I'm hoping every day that I am able to prove it.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Libido. Maybe just once, after I kill the two knights, Gwynevere will... ohhhh. Maybe that's the secret of the Pendant. Maybe if I go to NG+69... It's all that keeps me going after thousands of hours of dark souls, a tired and broken (and horny) man.

lol well thanks for your input bro, i do alot of pvp, and i mean ALOT.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Mind sharing that hope X?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Mind sharing that hope X?

I'm hoping it will reveal itself some day through my fighting.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Mind sharing that hope X?

Im sorry i do not understand. I am still learning english happy
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm

whoa, when I first read this I though: "its going to be an easy poll just answer the first thing that comes to my mind"

Dude, believe or not, I can't answer this one

Like, I've never asked a question like that, and I never stopped for a moment to Think about that!

Sometimes I want to bring Justice to gankers, other times when I invade a newbie, I give him a humanity and leave

Revenge? never worked for me. I simply can't play properly if I'm angry.

Hope? maybe. I still have to read that more times to fully understand it.

Now I'll pass and vote later happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:53 pm

All of them, my time is mostly spent on hope. Normally I PvP and that's pretty much just fun. Sometimes I meet someone that annoys me so I go for a bit of revenge. I like to hunt in the forest since I don't really like gankers, so I do it for my view of justice. Then of course I like to do Co-Op, so love.

I think you'll find most players have their fires fueled by everything listed.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Tolvo wrote:All of them, my time is mostly spent on hope. Normally I PvP and that's pretty much just fun. Sometimes I meet someone that annoys me so I go for a bit of revenge. I like to hunt in the forest since I don't really like gankers, so I do it for my view of justice. Then of course I like to do Co-Op, so love.

I think you'll find most players have their fires fueled by everything listed.

I feel that all of these played crucial roles in the over all forming of a dark souls player. I wanted to see which ones played the largest, but more so people admitting to it even if they do not like to. It takes guts to admit your own vulnerabilities. happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 pm

It's really harder when you think deep into yourself. Thinking more I wish I put hope but I'm not sure. I'm training for a life in law enforcement and I learned that justice can't be forced or effective to bring honor. Maybe I'm looking farther than I should, but I'm content. Perhaps I tell what I hope later.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:It's really harder when you think deep into yourself. Thinking more I wish I put hope but I'm not sure. I'm training for a life in law enforcement and I learned that justice can't be forced or effective to bring honor. Maybe I'm looking farther than I should, but I'm content. Perhaps I tell what I hope later.

Please, you have been on may of my posts and i am very interested in you. I would love to hear any stories you might have and perhaps become friends because as of now i have none...lol
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm

It's a cross between love and revenge. I love killing people and ruining their game, but I don't have anything to be vengeful about since I hardly lose
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Friends? Sure, but I'll speak more when I feel the need to, I like this community but it's also part of the internet so safety comes first. But what fuels our need in this games is up to everyone to decide for themselves.

LunarFog why am I not suprised with that?lol!
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 am

I have a bit more of a pyscho complex. I just like to kill them. I don't like them, nor do I hate them, I just want to see them die!

Also, FBI: The bodies are buried under Ms. Winston's porch.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 am

Honestly, love. I know this may sound cheesy, but I love playing as a sunbro and helping out others. It is my favorite part of the game. I don't pvp much since I have found that I usually lose to someone who has absolutely no respect for me, but I love to play co-op, since that almost always involves a level of respect. You repect the host and their wish to progress further, and they respect you and your wish to assist them.

What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 639795459What fuels your fire? 2905764326
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 am

I honestly don't know how to answer this.

In PvE I feel the sadness and regret of my actions (let's face it, our characters aren't saints), yet I enjoy chatting with NPCs, look into dostances and just get amazed by the well made world I'm travelling in.
    Part of my is always sad when I'm forced to kill an NPC I used to chat with. If I kill Lautrec in Firelink Shrine, I always feel sad, because he didn't do anything yet. Only NPC I have no problems with killing is Petrus. twisted

In PvP I don't feel anything. I either simply defend my life, or life of my host and if I seek PvP, it's only to get better at it, to polish my skills to the limit.

In co-op I follow host's every step and try to protect him/her from all harm, so I feel an urge to help and protect him/her, but only for as long as the host doesn't do something I dislike, like ganking for example.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 am

option E pure unadorning hate twisted
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 am

hmmmm. none of those really describe me. mines more about the thrill of the challenge. i like to invade, and fight the host to the best of my abilities. whether i win or lose the duel, i feel accomplishment since i probably learned something, or maybe i just straight up lost. i like testing my skills. occasionally there are people i want revenge on, but those are few and far between, so i can't really say thats my "Fuel". if you can think of one of those that description fits, then i'm that
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 am

I cant live over 60% of my game time was revenge because when i first started i got every trolling *** hole know to darksouls to invade me and this was at the time when i didnt know how to summon (always had helm on so didnt know i was hollow was sad xD learned this after I beat the game) But know I like to have a heavy knight that will be happy to take a beating for the host idk how many times ive jumped in front of O&S to block for a host What fuels your fire? 3207319737
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:32 pm

I learened a very important life lesson in Demons' Souls.

Life sucks. It does nothing but try to kill you. You can't beat it.

However, there is an exception. If you keep going then you will eventually win. You have to keep working, even though the odds are not currently in your favor, and there appears to not be a chance of winning or even a tie.

Hope gives you the ability to work under such depressing conditions. It tells you to get up and dust yourself off after you die, even though you just want to curl up and cry.

This is how I beat Demons' and Dark Souls.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:10 pm

I think im a mix of Justice and Hope. I love punishing the sinners as a DarkMoon Blade, but also i just go foward hoping to find my very own sun as a sunbro...
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:53 pm

I help people to build up my karma because in my previous life I may have been a griefer.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Mine's not there...

Balance. I play to invade, and I invade because I am convinced it serves an intrinsic purpose in the Dark Souls world. Because there are white and gold phantoms, there must be Red. And in my balancing role, I don't invade just to kill. If a host is alone, I often won't kill him. If he's got phantoms, I'll kill them before him. I don't invade to ruin the host's day, just to take away his crutches! Sometimes solo hosts will ask me if I can help them, so I place my white sign down... Come to think of it, that may be hypocritical! silly But when I'm co-oping, I'm always hoping for a Red to come along.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am