Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Cris the lighthearted
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BLA1NE
BIG TIME MASTER
Ashran
WandererReece
moomootv
xSomax
raecor14
Sentiel
Aznul
CaptanSpudsy
LunarFog
Tolvo
Carphil
The Letter X
Soris Ice Goldwing
Ghadis_God
Samurainova
23 posters

What fuels your fire?

Poll

What emotion fuels your inner soul the most. ( PVP)

[ 14 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap34%What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [34%] 
    [ 9 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 14 ]
    What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap34%What fuels your fire? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [34%] 

Total Votes: 41
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

What fuels your fire? - Page 2 Empty Re: What fuels your fire?

Post by xSomax Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 pm

interesting point of view bla1ne. never thought of it like that before
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 pm

CaptanSpudsy wrote:I have a bit more of a pyscho complex. I just like to kill them. I don't like them, nor do I hate them, I just want to see them die!

Also, FBI: The bodies are buried under Ms. Winston's porch.

embracing your inner instinct huh? Very intirugueing, thanks for posting big grin

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:31 pm

WandererReece wrote:I learened a very important life lesson in Demons' Souls.

Life sucks. It does nothing but try to kill you. You can't beat it.

However, there is an exception. If you keep going then you will eventually win. You have to keep working, even though the odds are not currently in your favor, and there appears to not be a chance of winning or even a tie.

Hope gives you the ability to work under such depressing conditions. It tells you to get up and dust yourself off after you die, even though you just want to curl up and cry.

This is how I beat Demons' and Dark Souls.

Very true! Im sure have souls player has experienced this, and once you emerge from the first victory of your first play through, an all new challenge awaits. Take the lessons you learn from souls and imply it into everything you do, and i am confident the ending will be the same for you as it was in game. " And i mean triumph, not blowing up in flames...lol"
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 pm

BLA1NE wrote:Mine's not there...

Balance. I play to invade, and I invade because I am convinced it serves an intrinsic purpose in the Dark Souls world. Because there are white and gold phantoms, there must be Red. And in my balancing role, I don't invade just to kill. If a host is alone, I often won't kill him. If he's got phantoms, I'll kill them before him. I don't invade to ruin the host's day, just to take away his crutches! Sometimes solo hosts will ask me if I can help them, so I place my white sign down... Come to think of it, that may be hypocritical! silly But when I'm co-oping, I'm always hoping for a Red to come along.

Most interesting! Thank you so for taking the time to put your true feelings into this post, and sharing it with the people of this page. We all appreciate it happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I help people to build up my karma because in my previous life I may have been a griefer.

What is a griefer? Dont all dark souls players experience grief?
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Ashran wrote:I think im a mix of Justice and Hope. I love punishing the sinners as a DarkMoon Blade, but also i just go foward hoping to find my very own sun as a sunbro...

And a sun you shall find. The sun shines for you at the end of the tunnel , run towards it and embrace its warmth. ^^
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I think im a mix of Justice and Hope. I love punishing the sinners as a DarkMoon Blade, but also i just go foward hoping to find my very own sun as a sunbro...

And a sun you shall find. The sun shines for you at the end of the tunnel , run towards it and embrace its warmth. ^^

Prostration + Sun = Praise the Sun

Btw i really love your posts. I've been in this forum less than a week and im developing so much friendship with a lot of users... I think i've found my very own forumsun
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 pm

hmm... my reason is less emotion than habit at this point, i continue playing because its what i've always done. i will try just about anything to get enjoyment out of lordran to try and justify my continued play.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 pm

^Dark Souls, "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:46 am

OP, if you don't know what a griefer is, try to stay that way! In this case, ignorance is bliss. My comment was only a joke, however.
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 am

Hope and Justice.
    My first three characters i played I wanted to represent myself as how i would do it if it was Real Life. And with those three i've Joined the Princess Guard, Darkmoon Blades and SunBros. I prefer ,to always look toward the future and not let things that are negative try to drag me down... and in that game.. you need that in spades. Besides it feels right to aid folks out in the game that need help. It could be considered love, but i think it's hope. I mean, when you have two other people helping you when you were struggling by yourself gives you hope.. "That Feel when you beat O&S, Manus, Gwyn as a group". ^^

I used my Darkmoon char, not to bring revenge but justice to those that need it. Especially against griefers/gankers. Hell, it's even hard for me to kill npcs. Unless they absolutely deserve it. Chester, Luntrec and espcially Petrus... damn i hated him.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:03 am

Um? Winning?

I try to keep newbies out of it, but I really just want a good fight. Something to work at and ultimately defeat.

I couldn't represent myself as a character in game, I'd mind my own freaking buisness and not accomplish jack. Maybe be a chaos servant and co-op for humanity. Definitely no "save the world" nonsense, unless there was a clear and present danger and nobody I believed better qualified.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:hmm... my reason is less emotion than habit at this point, i continue playing because its what i've always done. i will try just about anything to get enjoyment out of lordran to try and justify my continued play.

Theirs always something to do atleast for me happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am

Cris the lighthearted wrote:Hope and Justice.
    My first three characters i played I wanted to represent myself as how i would do it if it was Real Life. And with those three i've Joined the Princess Guard, Darkmoon Blades and SunBros. I prefer ,to always look toward the future and not let things that are negative try to drag me down... and in that game.. you need that in spades. Besides it feels right to aid folks out in the game that need help. It could be considered love, but i think it's hope. I mean, when you have two other people helping you when you were struggling by yourself gives you hope.. "That Feel when you beat O&S, Manus, Gwyn as a group". ^^

I used my Darkmoon char, not to bring revenge but justice to those that need it. Especially against griefers/gankers. Hell, it's even hard for me to kill npcs. Unless they absolutely deserve it. Chester, Luntrec and espcially Petrus... damn i hated him.

You pose EXTREMELY good,detailed and well thought out points. I appreciate your effort and detail and thank you for commenting happy
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Samurainova wrote:What is a griefer? Dont all dark souls players experience grief?

Yes, all players experience grief, but some have fun by bringing grief to others.

Go through the Burg with a starting level character and look at who invades you. You will mostly be invaded by people with lighting and chaos weapons. They will kill you in about 5 - 10 sec (It depends on how fast you can run). They also have upgraded armor.

"Welcome to Dark Souls newbies!" What fuels your fire? - Page 2 3596227959

See what I mean about life? This is why we have hope.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Ashran wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:

Prostration + Sun = Praise the Sun

Btw i really love your posts. I've been in this forum less than a week and im developing so much friendship with a lot of users... I think i've found my very own forumsun

Thank you so much! I am new as well I started on the eigth! My new years resoloution would be to start posting my thoughts! I haven't made any friends though :/
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

that depends on your definition of friends. if you just mean "someone i can converse with" then you've got more than a few.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Thank you so much! I am new as well I started on the eigth! My new years resoloution would be to start posting my thoughts! I haven't made any friends though :/

You are never alone on the internet, dude. I think i speak for all users when i say i love your posts and the way you answer us. Keep going and Praise the Sun! Praise the Sun
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Ashran wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:

You are never alone on the internet, dude. I think i speak for all users when i say i love your posts and the way you answer us. Keep going and Praise the Sun! Praise the Sun

AWW thanks that means alot to me ashran. happy
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 am

Hope is what moved me....hope that I would find some solace in the end, that all my struggles and deeds were justified...but at the Kiln....I found none...
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:02 am

ClassicBlaze wrote:Hope is what moved me....hope that I would find some solace in the end, that all my struggles and deeds were justified...but at the Kiln....I found none...

You know a game is true genius when you feel remorse for killing the final boss. R.I.P. Lord Gwynn...
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 am

Samurainova wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Hope is what moved me....hope that I would find some solace in the end, that all my struggles and deeds were justified...but at the Kiln....I found none...

You know a game is true genius when you feel remorse for killing the final boss. R.I.P. Lord Gwynn...

Indeed friend....Gwyn didnt have to die, he didnt deserve to die....he sacrificed so much for us....to think my blade would be the one to end his lifeWhat fuels your fire? - Page 2 1330857165 😢

....Dark Souls....such an masterpiece...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:29 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote:
    Indeed friend....Gwyn didnt have to die, he didnt deserve to die....he sacrificed so much for us....to think my blade would be the one to end his lifeWhat fuels your fire? - Page 2 1330857165 😢

He must die. In all the myths the leader has to die so the next generation can gain power and keep things running. Out with the old and in with the new!

Also, Allant is twice as good as Gwyn.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:07 am

WandererReece wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

He must die. In all the myths the leader has to die so the next generation can gain power and keep things running. Out with the old and in with the new!

Also, Allant is twice as good as Gwyn.

Interesting speculation, also, i found Allant and gwyn were quite different. Allant had more devestating combos, but eased you in to the hardness throughout the fight, and gave you much more breathing space. Gwyn was fast, and as soon as you stepped in he flew at you giving no mercy. however, if you were able to make more mistakes with gwyn than allant. In many cases, if you were caught in allants combo you were done for.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

I dont know if i fit in to any of these. I guess the closest I can come to describing what drives me is the search for satisfaction. I find this in many ways and for different reasons, many of them are very contradictoy. Helping a new player in the burg, and knowing i might have made his game a little better gives me that good feeling. Helping defend a host from gankers anywhere gives me that feeling. On the flip side invading sens and kicking people into the pendulums or getting people knocked off by the snipers in anor londo also does this. I go from helping, to killing, and back to helping again. Both make me happy. I dont know if its weird or not to go from one side to the other so swiftly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:51 am