Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Aznul
SlakeMoth
RANT
Hydreigon11
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Soris Ice Goldwing
Bloodpact91
LunarFog
12 posters

I'm turning over a new leaf

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm turning over a new leaf Empty I'm turning over a new leaf

Post by LunarFog Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Theme song

Lol not really. Although I DID get a new idea for a build. I've ran out of ideas on new ways to kill people and ruin their lives. So I decided to make a build based solely around being summoned and helping people. This is new waters for me though, so I have a few questions.

Which SL do people most often need help on? I can't decided whether to aim for a level 30-50 build, or if I should make it another 99 build.

Which areas do people most often need help on? In my mind I'm thinking...Anor Londo, Blighttown, Lost Izalith, and Tomb of Giants.

Does the spell "Cast Light" make it so that the host can see my light too?

Does the spell "Hush" stack with Ring of Fog to make it so that monsters have an even less chance to notice me?

Does the Lingering Dragon Quest ring work on the Trident's buff?

If I join the Princess guard, then go down to the Darkmoon tomb and kill Gwyndolin, will I still be in the princess guard? I killed him one time without killing gwynevere first and the sun was still in the sky.

SL 99 version

SL 35 version

Last edited by LunarFog on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

I'm turning over a new leaf Empty Re: I'm turning over a new leaf

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Well , i've parked myself in Anor Londo for the moment helping people killing the boss , i was 48 when i started and now i am 61 ( although i am starting to get summon less and less since i am getting too high). But often in Anor Londo when you get summoned the guy wont have the place cleared yet , so you can help him do it , and they also love when you help them kill the titanite demon while you're there , so i'd say between 45 and 50 would be a good SL . At least thats what i noticed. I hope this helps a little big grin
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Bloodpact91 wrote:Well , i've parked myself in Anor Londo for the moment helping people killing the boss , i was 48 when i started and now i am 61 ( although i am starting to get summon less and less since i am getting too high). But often in Anor Londo when you get summoned the guy wont have the place cleared yet , so you can help him do it , and they also love when you help them kill the titanite demon while you're there , so i'd say between 45 and 50 would be a good SL . At least thats what i noticed. I hope this helps a little big grin
    Thanks for the info. If I was going to make it low sl though, I'd aim for something around the 30s range so Anor Londo isn't the only place I can help with.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:Well , i've parked myself in Anor Londo for the moment helping people killing the boss , i was 48 when i started and now i am 61 ( although i am starting to get summon less and less since i am getting too high). But often in Anor Londo when you get summoned the guy wont have the place cleared yet , so you can help him do it , and they also love when you help them kill the titanite demon while you're there , so i'd say between 45 and 50 would be a good SL . At least thats what i noticed. I hope this helps a little big grin
    Thanks for the info. If I was going to make it low sl though, I'd aim for something around the 30s range so Anor Londo isn't the only place I can help with.

ya i guess around the 30 would be awesome since you could help with Queelag , Ceaseless Discharge , Iron Golem and so on pretty often and even sometimes , Bell Gargoyle and Anor Londo! happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm

If you want to get busy in co-op in the early places a sl in the 30s gets a lot of summons. Cast light should only work for you however. Hush slilences your footsteps and should stack with the fog ring. I can't remember but you should be able to join the princess guard if you kill Gwyndolin.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 pm

LVL 55 is great for anorlondo and all the lord areas.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Four Kings. No one helps for those pieces of turd. Step on it guys, they are the most annoying boss in the game yet NO ONE wants to help? it's ridiculous. I can take them in NG, but past that it's a no fly zone foe me and no one wants to help. Why not? it's ludicrous.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 am

i would make an sl 30-35 for btown and sen's since a lot of people need help there. for btown go to the first bonfire and drop your sign there or drop it right after getting to btown, never drop it on the bonfire right before quelagg if you actually wanna help someone since by the time theyre there they dont realy need help since the boss is right there. also make sure you lead them to iaito, ninja set and eagle shield.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:36 am

Crystal armour set is noiseless, saves you using up a ring slot.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Ring of fog lowers visual detection range. Hush silences movement, so enemies can't hear you coming, and is great for getting backstabs on enemies.

You can be summoned at any level, but it depends on where you are and I don't know the optimal co-op level.

Killing Gwyndolin has no effect on your interactions with the princess gaurd, and does not make anor londo go dark.

People need help in almost every area, especially the capra demon. The one place where people don't seem to summon for co-op all that much is the burg. (or at least that has been my experience so far, on my sunbro co-op character. But I have been continuously leveling so it might just be a problem with over/under leveling)

Also, if you are helping with ornstein and smough, it is usually best to kill smough ( the fat one) first unless the host expresses otherwise.

As far as I have seen a large amount of people need help with the following: all 4 lords (especially 4 kings), the gaping dragon, the capra demon, bell gargoyles, ornstein and smough, all dlc bosses, and gwyn.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 pm

4kings is annoying to help coop because there's not much to do while you wait. If you could farm dark wraiths while you wait to be summoned it'd be fine.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 pm

60-70, lots of people who need help with the DLC(if you have it) Nito, Seath, and 4 kings.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 am

We are all very proud of you. Joy
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

LunarFog wrote:Which areas do people most often need help on? In my mind I'm thinking...Anor Londo, Blighttown, Lost Izalith, and Tomb of Giants.

Does the spell "Cast Light" make it so that the host can see my light too?

Does the spell "Hush" stack with Ring of Fog to make it so that monsters have an even less chance to notice me?

Does the Lingering Dragon Quest ring work on the Trident's buff?

I know some folks have given you some answers, but here are mine (as a largely exclusive co-oper):

The light from cast light (and the sl maggot, and skull lantern) is only visible to you. But you can still open the illusory doors in the township for other people with them.

As a summon you are basically silent (subject to some pvp shenanigans with the audio) so for PvE purposes Hush is useless imho. You are better served with Hidden Body, which is more powerful than the fog ring and frees up a ring slot as a result. Hidden body is great for ignoring unfired pursuers from invaders, and for sprinting through trouble spots to kill mobs before they can threaten the host. I use it to do charge attacks on various oolacile caster mobs, which love to one shot inexperienced hosts.

A faith build can also be very helpful in coop, notably with VoS to stop PvP spell spammers, or TWoP to fend off the endless pivot/roll bsers on your host.

My favorite sl for coop is sl55. You can usually manage a complete build at this level with pretty good hp (1000+) and either good str/end or high fth/int. 55 is in the sweet spot for summons in Anor Londo, Painted World, Catacombs, ToG, Demon Ruins, Archives, and all the DLC areas, and you can also be summoned in Sens, Lost Izalith, Depths, or even Blighttown with slightly more waiting. If you want to go higher for build purposes, sl99 and sl120 are both popular.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:45 pm