Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
RedderAI
Bioraptor
ClassicBlaze
Sloth9230
Onion Knight
SlakeMoth
IV_Mark_VI
Aznul
befowler
EeAyEss
Automancer
GrinTwist
densetsushun
skarekrow13
Green__Eagle
lalliman
Villain1
21 posters

Those who fell along the way

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Those who fell along the way - Page 2 Empty Re: Those who fell along the way

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Villain1 wrote:Well, I went to the Demon Ruins and Ceaseless Discharge is no more! I've come to realise the problem is really more in my technique than anything else, as I three-shot the minor Capra down in the lava so strength is apparently not the issue... guess I'll just keep soldiering on in my own special way!

Anyone have any advice about the minor Tauruses? Cause I get steamrollered if I accidentally aggro more than one at a time...
    I used ring of fog and kited them to 1v1 with a longbow. The poison arrows were nice for that.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Villain1 wrote:Well, I went to the Demon Ruins and Ceaseless Discharge is no more! I've come to realise the problem is really more in my technique than anything else, as I three-shot the minor Capra down in the lava so strength is apparently not the issue... guess I'll just keep soldiering on in my own special way!

Anyone have any advice about the minor Tauruses? Cause I get steamrollered if I accidentally aggro more than one at a time...

mini Taureses? they can be easily dodged, first time I was there I avoided them, but If you really feel like killing sum demons, then just engage them one on one and roll betwen their legs whenever they strike, tis easy.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm

befowler wrote:A lot of great advice in here.

Mine is try a crossbow. You only need 14 str for a heavy crossbow (which is easy to find in the Depths), and at +15 with heavy bolts it does 2-300 dmg to most mobs in the game, including bosses. It also has a good long lock on range. Combine it with a good high stability shield and you can kill nearly any PvE foe safely by shooting, sidestepping while blocking, shooting again. A little boring, maybe, but it is amazing in Sen's against the lightning throwers, against titanite demons, even against the ghosts in New Londo (provided you have a transient curse on).
    I was going too give the crossbows a mention also......Those who fell along the way - Page 2 3149687655as imo they are very under rated but the truth is they are fantastic at keeping your foe's out of range to cause damage,just as your quote states.An if you want to speed up the volly of projectiles you could use the long bow or the comp bow.....+15 on your bows an you will be pushing out 250+damage while keeping your distance.I also find them effective at drawing out groups of hollows & undead soldiers.
    For me though I never got that thought where I was not going to enter NG+ for what ever reasion(s).I was alway's going into NG+ as I wanted to platanum the game.OK my 1st build that I took through was not the best,as like most who had not played DeS I had no idea about scaleing my build with armour an weapons....But the game never gave me the negative reasion why I should not go into NG+.......I went hollow on my 1st run by lighting the BF then went on the Dark path on my NG+.......I hope all this posative feed back and good advise given by everyone is enough to kindle your flame to go for it.......
    May the flames guide thee.......Those who fell along the way - Page 2 2627069376
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:The 'Cast Light' spell is really handy in the Tomb of Giants. It lasts for around 3 minutes and leaves both hands free, I used it all the time down there.

And get a bow, preferably the Composite Bow, which, if I remember is on a ledge in Anor Londo on the way to the Giant Blacksmith
    The bow found there is not the Composite bow friend......The Comp Bow is found in New Londo just a little in front of where you drain the water.If you go up instead of down and go straight you will come to a dead end,although alittle bit before the dead end is a right turn.You will find it here......Those who fell along the way - Page 2 1076225826
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Demon Firesage lies slain (after flattening me a few times) and I killed the Centipede Demon, without even dying once! I managed to kill off those Tauruses one by one as well, so I have the Chaos Ember, and I picked up the Large Fire Ember too. Gonna make me a fire weapon for roasting those Golems after I'm done with Bed of Chaos. Onwards to Lost Izalith! big grin

I'd never have done any of this without the pep talk you guys gave me... you have this warrior's eternal gratitude.
    Prayer
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Villain1 wrote:Demon Firesage lies slain (after flattening me a few times) and I killed the Centipede Demon, without even dying once! I managed to kill off those Tauruses one by one as well, so I have the Chaos Ember, and I picked up the Large Fire Ember too. Gonna make me a fire weapon for roasting those Golems after I'm done with Bed of Chaos. Onwards to Lost Izalith! big grin

I'd never have done any of this without the pep talk you guys gave me... you have this warrior's eternal gratitude.
    Those who fell along the way - Page 2 3510096238

You are welcome friend, now... let the invasions begin! 1000000 souls to whoever kill Mr Shining armor there! the game is getting too easy for him, and we cant let that happen.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    SlakeMoth wrote:The 'Cast Light' spell is really handy in the Tomb of Giants. It lasts for around 3 minutes and leaves both hands free, I used it all the time down there.

And get a bow, preferably the Composite Bow, which, if I remember is on a ledge in Anor Londo on the way to the Giant Blacksmith
    The bow found there is not the Composite bow friend......The Comp Bow is found in New Londo just a little in front of where you drain the water.If you go up instead of down and go straight you will come to a dead end,although alittle bit before the dead end is a right turn.You will find it here......Those who fell along the way - Page 2 1076225826

You're quite right. Thanks for pointing it out. The bow you find on a ledge in Anor Londo is the Dragonslayer Great Bow. No mean weapon, excellent for taking down the archers on the ledges if you have the correct arrows of course.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Curved swords re the answer to everything. Mainly the PGS.

The only two enemies in-game that deflects them are the Armored Tusks and the Chained Prisoner in the DLC. I seriously had a VERY hard time against both of these enemies. All my weapons bounce off and I exclusively run pure-dex.

As said, it's all about your build.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Why are you trying to kill the crystal golems? Just run past them if they are giving you so much grief. Same applies to a lot of things in this game.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Flankydizzle wrote:Why are you trying to kill the crystal golems? Just run past them if they are giving you so much grief. Same applies to a lot of things in this game.
    Wheres the fun in that?

Unless you're using a stealth build...
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Flankydizzle wrote:Why are you trying to kill the crystal golems? Just run past them if they are giving you so much grief. Same applies to a lot of things in this game.

*run's past all the crystal golems, boss is a giant crsytal golem*

And that is why you should never "Just run past" any enemy. Besides, aside from memorizing their locations, your never gonna get better at fighting them like that.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am

ive never gotten much past Anor londo and the lord vessel. Got that one one char my latest and on another i reached the boss but havent fought him yet.

I have the classic rerolling syndrom. I keep making new classes becourse wow that stuff that dood used to kill me looks sick !!!

Now im having a sorcerer and its a lot more fun for me hopefully ill stick with it this time. I WILL !!!!
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:

*run's past all the crystal golems, boss is a giant crsytal golem*

Fair point in this instance, but I can think of many enemies that I can smash to pieces but are in annoying areas like blightown and I'd rather just run through it and be done with it. It just seemed odd a few posts back OP was like "omg crystal golems at the caves are driving me mental" so it's like well just run past them. Problem solved.

Seath is a pretty easy boss, hardly worth giving in and quitting the game over Seath. All of the items in that backyard area of the caves are right near the back and you don't need to kill anything to get them and in terms of getting to the boss you don't really need to fight anything. Certainly not worth ragequitting the best game ever made over something you can just run past.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:47 pm

RedderAI wrote:Curved swords re the answer to everything. Mainly the PGS.

The only two enemies in-game that deflects them are the Armored Tusks and the Chained Prisoner in the DLC. I seriously had a VERY hard time against both of these enemies.
    Use the jumping attack (press forward and R2 at the same time). That isn't deflected.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    RedderAI wrote:Curved swords re the answer to everything. Mainly the PGS.

The only two enemies in-game that deflects them are the Armored Tusks and the Chained Prisoner in the DLC. I seriously had a VERY hard time against both of these enemies.
    Use the jumping attack (press forward and R2 at the same time). That isn't deflected.

I know. He kept punishing me though. I had to end up using my Bow and the few fire arrows and large arrows I had left. Bows are the best answer for Dex characters for those enemies.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

A shield with enough stability should be ok; also you can use something like a Scythe which doesn't require much str and scales very well with dex.

Bows really work against all those enemies; there's places you can just hide protected and shoot them full of arrows. You can also poison them.

On a dex build, why fire arrows?
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:11 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:A shield with enough stability should be ok; also you can use something like a Scythe which doesn't require much str and scales very well with dex.

Bows really work against all those enemies; there's places you can just hide protected and shoot them full of arrows. You can also poison them.

On a dex build, why fire arrows?

The fire arrows hit as hard as large arrows with the shortbow against the Chained Prisonrs. Very low fire defense. VERY HIGH physical defense.
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote: You are welcome friend, now... let the invasions begin! 1000000 souls to whoever kill Mr Shining armor there! the game is getting too easy for him, and we cant let that happen.

Erm, well that's a rather large bounty! Not sure if it's quite proportional to the challenge I would present a hardened Darkwraith. Anyway, you have no idea where I am right now, do you? I could have gotten to the Kiln by now for all you know! I will give a clue though... watch out for GLOWY RED STUFF THAT COMES FROM UNDERGROUND. If you can unravel my fiendish riddle, then maybe you can work out where I am! >;D

Speaking of which... just had to put down Solaire. You found your sun, bro. You found your sun... ;w;
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Villain1 wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote: You are welcome friend, now... let the invasions begin! 1000000 souls to whoever kill Mr Shining armor there! the game is getting too easy for him, and we cant let that happen.

Erm, well that's a rather large bounty! Not sure if it's quite proportional to the challenge I would present a hardened Darkwraith. Anyway, you have no idea where I am right now, do you? I could have gotten to the Kiln by now for all you know! I will give a clue though... watch out for GLOWY RED STUFF THAT COMES FROM UNDERGROUND. If you can unravel my fiendish riddle, then maybe you can work out where I am! >;D

Speaking of which... just had to put down Solaire. You found your sun, bro. You found your sun... ;w;

Hmm...would that place be Lost Izalith? If so, then my brethen are already after you...its only a matter of time now...soon, silver knight, you will see that no light ever shines in the Abyss.

RIP Solaire, you were the only Sunbros I ever respected Those who fell along the way - Page 2 3149687655
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Solaire.....dead? Not in my world!!! Why, I think we had one heck of a last ride together. Before I sent the world into the age of Darkness that is. I don't know what ending he chose in his world.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Solaire.....dead? Not in my world!!! Why, I think we had one heck of a last ride together. Before I sent the world into the age of Darkness that is. I don't know what ending he chose in his world.

Im sure he is smiling, burning as bright as any star out there... he not only found his sun...he became it. Those who fell along the way - Page 2 639795459
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm on, dude. Come and find me! silly
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Villain1 wrote:I'm on, dude. Come and find me! silly

Me? Find you? Hah! I have better things to do then hunt goody-two-shoes knights, Im sure my fellow Darkwraiths will take good care of you, now, If you excuse me, I have an entire world to corrupt.
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Paha, your Darkwraiths could not hold me! Bed of Chaos lies a bed of embers, and I'm off to slay Seath! big grin

Also, I just managed to max out my Divine Winged Spear and I have another White titanite Slab - I'd like to try making an Occult weapon as my faith is at 50, does anyone have any suggestions? I have some spare souls for level-ups which I could use on STR (at 16 atm) or DEX (at 15 atm). I was thinking about the Claymore, seeing as I can one-hand it already and I hear it's pretty useable. So yeah, once more - any help? ^^
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Villain1 wrote:Paha, your Darkwraiths could not hold me! Bed of Chaos lies a bed of embers, and I'm off to slay Seath! big grin

Also, I just managed to max out my Divine Winged Spear and I have another White titanite Slab - I'd like to try making an Occult weapon as my faith is at 50, does anyone have any suggestions? I have some spare souls for level-ups which I could use on STR (at 16 atm) or DEX (at 15 atm). I was thinking about the Claymore, seeing as I can one-hand it already and I hear it's pretty useable. So yeah, once more - any help? ^^
    Based on the AR I suggest the Basterd Sword, it has the highest AR in occult and divine save for the Manserpent Greatsword. My Occult Basterd is lovingly named Gwynbane big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:42 pm