Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
lextune
JohnnyHarpoon
ChizFreak
Yarxov
meridam99
SlakeMoth
eneq
theGentleman
befowler
aceluby
zzCLR2Rzz
Tolvo
strangejoy
Carphil
Back Lot Basher
djgq42
Forum Pirate
21 posters

Definition of 'Griefer'

masterofcheese

Definition of 'Griefer' - Page 3 Empty Re: Definition of 'Griefer'

Post by masterofcheese Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 pm

djgq42 wrote:i actually find that griefers are pretty common in the depths as well. there are two ppls in particular that frequent that area. one is a wog/ sb user and the other spams firestorm/tempest in full bk armor.

It's so easy to get people in the depths though. Twink or not. Just have to be smarter than them. Most of them roll people all day so they are over confident. You can lure them into just about anything. WoG spam is a joke, it's very easy to counter. Meaning they are most likely bad because they were defeated by it and think its a great weapon. Firestorm is also pretty easy to avoid. I has a very long very noticeable cast. Cast has been roughly the same since Demons' Souls. If you played that game and still get caught in Firestorm, you need a new game.

Best way to fight in the Depths is not to play by their rules. Don't chase people. they are going to lead you to where they have an advantage. Don't chase them even if they have low HP, let them be a derper and go heal, just run to the boss wall and summon Solair, then start the fight. They will get sent home. Nothing pisses an invader off more than getting sent home because you engaged the boss. Especially if you just rocked them, they had to run away and heal and you didn't even bother chasing them down for the kill. They will feel like they lost the fight because they fled. You will get hate mail, now keep in your received folder as trophy.

Still like I said before. The Depths is also an optional zone, you can play the whole game to Gwyn and still go invade their. If it bothers you so much, roll a new toon, skip the Depths, stay a low level (30ish) and clear most of the game. Now just loadout how you want and stand around human waiting for the derps to come find you. Hide yourself where you have an Advantage.

Also try Gravelord and get a few at once. Chances are if they are invading down there they have been indicted a few time. So you will have a better chance to GL their World. Now hide and let the red's and blues kill each other and pick off the survivors. If they did't look like twinks relog and try again big grin
    masterofcheese

Post by masterofcheese Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm a derp, i put THEIR instead of THERE in that last post lol. I just woke up like 15 minutes ago, completely brain-dead atm

xD
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:55 pm

i wasn't complaining, i understand that it's part of the game. but i apppreciate the advice.
    masterofcheese

Post by masterofcheese Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:41 pm

djgq42 wrote:i wasn't complaining, i understand that it's part of the game. but i apppreciate the advice.

I know, I was just giving out some helpful advice for the people that have trouble with depths twinks. I don't consider low level invaders in high level armor, greifers. I consider people that invade just to mess with others a griefer. You don't need high level armor to turn the steps in dukes archives, or close the short cut doors in Anor Lando, or even turn the bridge down to Gwyndolin. You don't need high level armor to turn the bridges or close the doors in Catacombs. People do this regularly, not to invade and fight, but to just screw with people. Thats causing grief to an otherwise legitimate player. Thats a griefer. Invading my level 10 wearing a derp mask and havels armor isnt griefing me. It's just showing me they are too pathetic to fight people that can naturally wear that gear. Which makes it all the sweeter when I still kill them.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:23 pm

aceluby wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    SlakeMoth wrote:Whatever you want to call them 'griefers' are the reason why I've played most of the game offline and in the process been forced to defeat all of the bosses without help, apart from NPC's like Maneater Mildred. This means that I have been denied use of a feature of the game which was included by the developer for use by ALL players who've paid the entry fee by buying the game.

This is clearly unfair and as I've stated before, needs to be fixed but just how From Software could go about this I've no idea.
    IMO, that's a bit of an overreaction. Griefers aren't that common once you get past the parish. I play most of the game online and in human form, and don't often get ganked. Don't let it scare you from playing online.

I agree. Once you're past the lower burg there are far fewer 'griefers', though that doesn't mean you won't be invaded, just that you won't be invaded by twinked out toons, which is the way the game is supposed to be played. Once you get to Sens and Anor there is really no reason to play offline, though I did have to once in Anor simply because every time I was on my way to O&S I would get invaded, which would ruin the run since I was a mage. I had to play offline for that one.
    I look at Anor Londo in stages. Basically, unlocking the shortcuts. So, if I'm invaded, I rush to unlock the next shortcut, then face my invader. I always try to have 2 phantoms playing with me, to help with the constant invasions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 am