Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
densetsushun
Odinbear
AFROJT
Uparkaam
ClassicBlaze
Ashran
Sentiel
Tolvo
LunarFog
moomootv
Yurkoon
15 posters

Battled Artorias For The First Time

Yurkoon
    Yurkoon

Battled Artorias For The First Time Empty Battled Artorias For The First Time

Post by Yurkoon Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am

I battled Artorias for the first time last night. It was one of thee best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Why doesn't Dark Souls have a boss rush mode? I want to fight him over and over again.

Last edited by Yurkoon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mis-spellling)
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Battled Artorias For The First Time Empty Re: Battled Artorias For The First Time

Post by moomootv Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 pm

He was very fun to fight but fighting him with my tank was hard my weps were to slow to hit him and he tore throught my stam and i had a great shield
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Battled Artorias For The First Time Empty Re: Battled Artorias For The First Time

Post by LunarFog Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Fighting him on my dex build was horrible. I was a dual blader so I had to dodge everything, and by the time I dodged I didn't have enough time to get back and hit him. It was definitely the most intense fight I've ever had.

I wrecked him with my tank though. Havel's shield or artorias shield makes the fight extremely easy to lame out thoguh.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 pm

He can be annoying sometimes with really slow weapons due to his dodging.

You know if you really want to fight him that much you can just leave a sign down and get summoned to fight him over and over.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Artorias makes fun out of my katana and he likes to slaughter my hosts in blink of an eye. Love him. :mask-child:

I've equipped my Q Pyro with a +15 Claymore a battled Arty one handed without a shield. No healing. And if he managed to pull off his boost, I used a PW (+Lingering, so it doesn't kill me too soon).

Best and the most thrilling bossfight ever.
    Yurkoon
    Yurkoon

Post by Yurkoon Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Sentiel wrote:Artorias makes fun out of my katana and he likes to slaughter my hosts in blink of an eye. Love him. :mask-child:

I've equipped my Q Pyro with a +15 Claymore a battled Arty one handed without a shield. No healing. And if he managed to pull off his boost, I used a PW (+Lingering, so it doesn't kill me too soon).

I agree! Do you know what the optimal level to be summoned by him his? Shrug
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Yurkoon wrote:I battled Artorias for the first time last night. It was one of thee best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Why doesn't Dark Souls have a boss rush mode? I want to fight him over and over again.

Its called Sunlight Covenant :3 I love fighting the gaping dragon so i cooped a lot there. And then, moved. Same thing in Sens funhouse i love guiding people through its horrors.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:17 pm

The first time I faced Artorias was at my friends place, he said he needed help because he couldnt beat him, gotta admit, Wolfbro was tough, but after some tries I managed to learn the timing of his moves, yet even then there was the risk of me being one shotted....and we all know even the best players can screw up sometimes, that kept the tension building up.... so there I was, extremely nervous, just needed one more hit....and BAM! It connected and he fell....Artorias was dead...I felt bad shortly afterwards...so I bowed and left...epic bossfight.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Yeah i think its one of the best bossfights ive ever had. If you want it even more difficult you can always wait til he buffs a couple of times.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm

I still remember the first time I killed him. I turtled behind my trusty heater shield +13 while slowly chewing through his health with a longsword +15 that dealt around 50-60 damage per hit. When his health was low enough I switched to my bow and killed him by shooting him in the groin.
    AFROJT
    AFROJT
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AFROJT Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Gotta be one of my favorite boss fights to date.
    Yurkoon
    Yurkoon

Post by Yurkoon Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Ashran wrote:Yeah i think its one of the best bossfights ive ever had. If you want it even more difficult you can always wait til he buffs a couple of times.

Would you happen to know the best level to get summoned for Artorias is?

Also, I captured the best screenshots during that fight!
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Yurkoon wrote:I battled Artorias for the first time last night. It was one of thee best gaming experiences I've ever had.

You can, just lay a summon sign down. He's ezven fun 3 on 1.

Was busy for me around 55
    AFROJT
    AFROJT
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AFROJT Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

I still get summons for him at SL120.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Arty's such a badass, he killed me more than S&O ever could. He helped improve my dodging abilities.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Ashran wrote:

Its called Sunlight Covenant :3 I love fighting the gaping dragon so i cooped a lot there. And then, moved. Same thing in Sens funhouse i love guiding people through its horrors.

Actually they destroyed Sunbros in the last patch and they are now pointless. Unless you really want to throw lightning spears.

They took away the extra coop level ranges they get.

Why? I have no idea. If anything they should have extended the ranges for all players in the last patch. I want more coop!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Yurkoon wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Artorias makes fun out of my katana and he likes to slaughter my hosts in blink of an eye. Love him. :mask-child:

I agree! Do you know what the optimal level to be summoned by him his? Shrug
    I wish I knew.
    I'm trying to find out, so I can get summoned for him and Kalameet.
    I get summoned on SL 50, 100 and 120-ish, but it takes several minutes, which is too damn long.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 pm

A long spear and a Leo Ring with an offhand bow to stop him from buffing himself.

Well What is it

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 pm

I celebrated for 20 minutes when i finally beat him with 0 poise and GLGS.
    Agree it was the best boss of the game.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:20 pm

I felt so ashamed of myself for beating him by summoning, I'm not worthy enough to wear his armour. Prostration
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm

densetsushun wrote:I felt so ashamed of myself for beating him by summoning, I'm not worthy enough to wear his armour. Battled Artorias For The First Time 1330857165

Why would you summon phantoms for such an epic fight? There is really no
    need to, Artorias is really predictable once you learn his moves, Its
    all about the timing, dodging his moves inst that hard, I killed him
    with 0 poise using the Lifehunt Scythe.

Last edited by ClassicBlaze on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:I felt so ashamed of myself for beating him by summoning, I'm not worthy enough to wear his armour. Battled Artorias For The First Time 1330857165

Why would you summon phantoms for such an epic fight? There is really no need to, Artorias is really predictable once you learn his moves, Its all about the timing, dodging his moves inst that hard, I killed him with 0 poise using the Lifehunt Scythe.
    I admit, I cheapened the experience for myself, but I fought him a **** of times and nearly had him a good amount of times before I summoned. I should've pressed on, but I kinda wanted to just get to NG+ and he was in my way. Prostration
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

Why would you summon phantoms for such an epic fight? There is really no need to, Artorias is really predictable once you learn his moves, Its all about the timing, dodging his moves inst that hard, I killed him with 0 poise using the Lifehunt Scythe.
    I admit, I cheapened the experience for myself, but I fought him a **** of times and nearly had him a good amount of times before I summoned. I should've pressed on, but I kinda wanted to just get to NG+ and he was in my way. Battled Artorias For The First Time 1330857165

Ganking an honorable man like Artorias isnt the solution.....It took me like...5 or 6 tries to beat him, and even then it was a close call, but I accepcted every death with an smile, he was like a hero to me, dieing by his hand was no shame.
    DsK teach us to press on, to never give up, that through sheer effort and persistance one can surpass any obstacle, tell me what will happen in NG+ if you havent learned how to beat him? He only gets stronger....
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:01 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

I admit, I cheapened the experience for myself, but I fought him a **** of times and nearly had him a good amount of times before I summoned. I should've pressed on, but I kinda wanted to just get to NG+ and he was in my way. Battled Artorias For The First Time 1330857165

Ganking an honorable man like Artorias isnt the solution.....It took me like...5 or 6 tries to beat him, and even then it was a close call, but I accepcted every death with an smile, he was like a hero to me, dieing by his hand was no shame.
    DsK teach us to press on, to never give up, that through sheer effort and persistance one can surpass any obstacle, tell me what will happen in NG+ if you havent learned how to beat him? He only gets stronger....
    I've already yielded, I have dishonored him! My great mentor, my great teacher, Knight Artorias Prostration

But yeah, I'll solo him on my other toon and NG+ on this one, he deserves the same courtesy I extended Ornstein and Gwyn.
    Yurkoon
    Yurkoon

Post by Yurkoon Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:

I've already yielded, I have dishonored him! My great mentor, my great teacher, Knight Artorias Prostration

But yeah, I'll solo him on my other toon and NG+ on this one, he deserves the same courtesy I extended Ornstein and Gwyn.

Not to mention the *** awesome screens you can get fighting him solo!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 am