Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Eliteknight
Robotech
Comodreha
kyoke
Villain1
Emergence
aceluby
mpaschke
bending_sinister
kingkellogg
Nitos-Apprentice
ChizFreak
Prinny
Reaperfan
Glutebrah
BARZOHD-
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
k0rruptid
Godless Servant
strangejoy
theAnimus
26 posters

Min/Max: Selling Your Soul for +15% HP

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Min/Max: Selling Your Soul for +15% HP - Page 2 Empty Re: Min/Max: Selling Your Soul for +15% HP

Post by Glutebrah Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 pm

bending_sinister wrote:Anyone who thinks they look cool wearing the mask of the mother or child is fooling themselves. It isn't epic - it only points you out as a cookie-cutter. If they ever manage to win against me I don't reward them with an indictment. You get points for creativity, and min-maxers have none.

ITT: People tell other people what they are suppose to think looks cool.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Min/Max: Selling Your Soul for +15% HP - Page 2 Empty Re: Min/Max: Selling Your Soul for +15% HP

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 pm

to be fair iv seen guys say that full giants or havels actually looks cool, so there are variety of opinions..

though have to say those guys are fucking blind. silly

anyone else here though think iron golem chest looks awesome on a fatty?
    bending_sinister
    bending_sinister

Post by bending_sinister Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:26 pm

cheekykunt wrote:
    bending_sinister wrote:Anyone who thinks they look cool wearing the mask of the mother or child is fooling themselves. It isn't epic - it only points you out as a cookie-cutter. If they ever manage to win against me I don't reward them with an indictment. You get points for creativity, and min-maxers have none.

I don't know what this means...
    Comodreha
    Comodreha

Post by Comodreha Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Only time I ever use any of the masks or giant's armor is for pve and bosses. For my current female dex/faith build i'm rocking:

Crown of Dusk/Dingy Hood
    Moonlight Robe/Dingy Armor
    Brass gauntlets/Havels gauntlets
    Brass Leggings/Legging of Thorns

The gold accent on the moonlight robe go so well with the brass leggings/gauntlets and using ricard's rapier and my sanctus tops off the whole look. I can't stand to look like everyone else.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:33 pm

last time i checked this wasn't a dress up barbie game.

does it honestly matter what people use/wear? the masks are among the few head pieces that actually have an ability. childs being my favorite.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 pm

K0rruptid, while I agree it's not a dress up barbie game, many people, myself included prefer that we like the look of our characters, just so that we dont have to stare at a guy looking ridiculous for hours on end.

i dont find that as appealing as having a decent looking character with slightly less good stats, like animus said in his OP having a slight statistical edge wont make up for a complete lack of skill..

It's fine if you want your character to look like a douche, but the majority here prefer some form of aesthetics/style over statistical min/maxing.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm

a slight statistical edge will help you though, and will help you get better. so eventually you wont need that much defense/poise.

it will help mainly because you wont die in 1 stunlock and actually get a chance to practice.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:12 pm

yeah, true though i usually have a mash up of armour so i still have poise though lol, it is vital unless you're 100% sure you wont get hit, which is pretty unlikely to be fair.

I just think it's not necessary to go overboard with stats and rock full havels/giants+5 and mask, better to just make yourself unique while maintaining protection of your character
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm

i like my toon to look nice too, even if i have to sacrifice stats. lets face it the RP factor of you slicing down the enemies in a beautiful armor makes the game experience better, but ok, that's just me.

When i get summoned and see players for example wearing elite knight chest, gold hemmed skirt below that and some stupid looking mask on the head... i almost puke. Most of the sets dont match visually, except for the gloves where you can use pretty much anything you like because they dont show alot so they dont ruin the whole appearance alot.
    Comodreha
    Comodreha

Post by Comodreha Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:57 pm

k0rruptid wrote:a slight statistical edge will help you though, and will help you get better. so eventually you wont need that much defense/poise.

it will help mainly because you wont die in 1 stunlock and actually get a chance to practice.

In my opinion I think a good player using any of the masks is similar to a healthy man using a walking stick. It's like a handicap and I find you get better with gear that's not the best in the game or the handicap masks. You have to make smarter decisions, make little to no errors, and it makes it a challenge. Sure it can give me more health or a faster stamina regen but I can pvp fine without 3/4 giant's and x pinwheel mask. Just my 2 cents.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Full giants armor minus the helm (crown of dusk) with my claymore/zweihander and a talisman in my off hand, rings are ring of favor and protection and ring of the suns firstborn. is my most min/maxish setup atm.

It gives me 77 poise, 40% boost to miracle strength(approximately) and I still have enough equip burden for a shield if I really want one. It all stylistically fits together very well while giving me plenty of poise and defense. I think its a good balance, but the set lookuing good on me was still obviously my first concern.

Even so, I don't run in that very often. Giants looks very paladinish but Its not my favorite set.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:46 pm

bending_sinister wrote:
    cheekykunt wrote:

I don't know what this means...

It means you are telling me that i shouldnt like the look of mask of child and the sweet glow effect it gives you.

ITT = in this thread.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:56 pm

cheeky in terms of sheer abilities that head gear gives you, we all know the sack is superior.

don't lie.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I do not. I always let the look of my toons evolve as I play. Style > Stats

For instance, I just, for the first time ever, bought Giant's Leggings. It's my first Strength build, and they were just what I needed. Now, I know this sounds skeptical...big weapon, Gian'ts gear...but as I've been playing, my character has turned into a sort of 'Conan the Barbarian' thing and doesn't wear a shirt. Thus, dude was in need of some serious defense for his lower extremities.

I bought them because my character was feelin' it. That's what it's all about.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 pm

cheekykunt wrote:
    It means you are telling me that i shouldnt like the look of mask of child and the sweet glow effect it gives you.

You are totally entitled to your disastrously bad fashion sense, don't let anyone else tell you different. You are a creative individual and your mask of child is very special.

Let me see if I can find a gold star for you in fact...
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 am

k0rruptid wrote:a slight statistical edge will help you though, and will help you get better. so eventually you wont need that much defense/poise.

To me, you've kind of got this backwards. Using less, and not picking up every slight statistical edge, is what would actually make you better. I would liken it to a batter warming up with a weighted bat.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 pm

lol he said dress up barbie game
    arathorn13
    arathorn13
    Casual
    Casual

Post by arathorn13 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Thief's hood with any armor looks badass. Well maybe not Havels. A douche will always look like a douche.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 pm

lol douche is such a funny word. I love how it reminds me of the vaginal cleaning kit
    arathorn13
    arathorn13
    Casual
    Casual

Post by arathorn13 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

err.....
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:46 pm

I like fashionable characters. The first char I made used Elite Knight Chest, and the rest of the Black Iron Armor Set. Not exactly good looking, it gave me stats. Now I'm doing it the hard way, wearing no shield, a big sword and good looking armor. Needs to settle with the game first, so I'm able to experiment on my second toon.
    At first I was going for a Chain Mail, some helm and Havel combo, but I've made my mind on full Black Knight set except for the head, which is going to be Gold Hemmed. I like hoods, and it's going to look good considering the rest of the armor looks bad ass.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:52 pm

@arathorn13

sorry bro but think about it. Guys calling guys vaginal cleaning kits, classic
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:54 pm

BARZOHD- wrote:sorry bro but think about it. Guys calling guys vaginal cleaning kits, classic

And i love how you're so literal about this silly

douche is just a good sounding word to describe, well... a douche.

and doesn't sound as horribly british as wanker XD
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:55 pm

i use ring of favor for 20% hp, stamina, and equip load. only took it off once for some reason, then put another on.

MY PRECIOUS.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:56 pm

indeed, in terms of conforming to min/maxing, that one ring absolutely enthralls me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:12 am