Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Akatik
Yesuurd
Dj-B-Man-Jr
GamerGirl-619
8 posters

Demon Ruins

GamerGirl-619
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Demon Ruins Empty Demon Ruins

Post by GamerGirl-619 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Why so many Capra and Minotours all clustered in the same spot! O.o wth moment is that a Capra demon? Oh wait there are like 10 of em xD
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demon Ruins Empty Re: Demon Ruins

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:10 pm

you could always just fall onto the bonfire and skip all the capras
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm

thats training for you, embrace it!
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah, my jaw hit the floor when I first saw all of those taurus demons gathered there. I just hung back, and pulled them one by one.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm

I was pretty disappointed after patch 1.05, the whole area after demons' ruins was nerfed unbelievably, consider yourself lucky, The carpas used to agrro much sooner, and at greater distances. And as soon as you get to Lost Izalith those dino legs used to be a fearsome obstacle! now you can walk between their legs unscathed, what a joke.
    GamerGirl-619
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GamerGirl-619 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Yukon wrote:And as soon as you get to Lost Izalith those dino legs used to be a fearsome obstacle! now you can walk between their legs unscathed, what a joke.
    Yeah I saw that, so many Rex looking legs, I passed by a few but only 2 of them started chasing/stomping. What are thoose legs weak against anyway?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 pm

They are actually the rear bits of Undead Dragons, easy to tell because the other half in the Painted World, try a jump attack and watch what happens happy

As for weak against? Dragonslayer Bow, with lots of arrows... First playthrough before the nerf I sat at the shortcut and shot each one dead before even setting foot in the room. I do believe they are weak against lightning, but I can't say for certain.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I think their main weakness is... each other, I used to just aggro about 4 of them and hide behind a wall, they eventually kill eachother stomping around and doing those drop attacks. There is really no need to bother with them anymore, they are like scenery.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Yukon wrote:I was pretty disappointed after patch 1.05, the whole area after demons' ruins was nerfed unbelievably, consider yourself lucky, The carpas used to agrro much sooner, and at greater distances. And as soon as you get to Lost Izalith those dino legs used to be a fearsome obstacle! now you can walk between their legs unscathed, what a joke.

I didn't know that. I started playing after 1.05, and I always just run by the dino legs. I killed a few the first time but then figured, "Why bother?"

Question: did they lower the Demon Ruins Capra/Taurus Demons' HP with a patch, or has that always been low? I wonder if their HP is so low because From expected me to man-up and charge into them instead of pulling. Pff, they didn't know who they were dealing with.
    GamerGirl-619
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GamerGirl-619 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Yukon wrote:I think their main weakness is... each other, I used to just aggro about 4 of them and hide behind a wall, they eventually kill eachother stomping around and doing those drop attacks. There is really no need to bother with them anymore, they are like scenery.
    lol that must of been funny, I had one of those demonic statues after me I just continued running and it got stomped by one of the legs xD how many souls do you get for killing them?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Wiki lists 2000, and that sounds about right.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Question: did they lower the Demon Ruins Capra/Taurus Demons' HP with a patch, or has that always been low? I wonder if their HP is so low because From expected me to man-up and charge into them instead of pulling. Pff, they didn't know who they were dealing with.

As far as I can tell the HP was not lowered, but then again I have better equipment since my first run and they go down in about 2-3 swings usually.

I think what they did change is the aggro rate, before it was okay to pull one, but then you went for your next one, and it seemed like no matter how careful you were you got 2, maybe my pulling skills were just rusty, but it seemed like the farther back they were, the sooner they aggro'd pre-1.05.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 am

True the Dinos are pretty pointless now but what if in a future patch there were slabs hidden around that area that would be awesome
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 am

Can the demon legs be poisoned? That seems like a great way to take them out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:53 am