Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Demon Ruins, and Solaire.

DarkMega
    DarkMega

Demon Ruins, and Solaire. Empty Demon Ruins, and Solaire.

Post by DarkMega Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:49 am

Alright before I go into the Demon Ruins, but I'm going to Seath first because I hear it's a good spot to farm Twinkling titanite, anyways I already achieved +2 in the Chaos Covenent, and I want to know if I need to defeat the Centipede Demon first with Solaire or before? and go to the Shortcut first from getting +2 Chaos Covenant. Or do I have this all wrong? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Demon Ruins, and Solaire. Empty Re: Demon Ruins, and Solaire.

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:37 am

IIRC, you can defeat the Centipede Demon first with Solaire and still take the shortcut to save him (If that's what you're asking)

If you are taking the shortcut to bypass anything, there's no point since all it unlocks is a way to the titanite Demon and a few extra kills for a Sunlight Medal farm.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm pretty sure the check is:

1.  Chaos bug that drops sunlight maggot is alive
    2.  Solaire is sitting at the bonfire after centipede demon
    3.  Player enters lost Izalith

If those 3 happen, Solaire goes hollow by putting the chaos bug on his head.

If you kill the chaos bug before entering lost Izalith via the shortcut, you can save him.

If you leave Solaire stuck in the Burg or Anor Londo (simply don't talk to him at all in one of those places), you can actually save him without joining the chaos covenant, by simply going through Izalith from the normal way and then killing the chaos bug by running past the titanite demon.  Note that you CAN open the shortcut from the Izalith side regardless of covenant, also!  You only need Chaos +2 to open it from the Demon Ruins side.

Because of that, it's possible to save Solaire without donating a single humanity to the fair lady.  You could even kill her if you want (I'd take care of business in Izalith before doing that though, since her bonfire is handy).

The only caveat is that I don't think you can summon Solaire for the centipede demon if you don't advance him out of Anor Londo; I consider that a small price compared to sitting there waiting to activate + donate 30 humanity :p.  It's a wash which out of Centipede and Gwyn are actually harder fights solo though.  Solaire is at his most useful in the gargoyle fight and especially with O&S.

Anyway avoid going into Izalith and kill that chaos bug and you can save him.
    DarkMega
    DarkMega

Post by DarkMega Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 am

thanks guys!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 pm

You don't really need Solaire do you? I killed him after getting the white soap stone from him. And the centipede demon isn't as hard as I thought - I killed him Sat night with my SL10 and a light crossbow! Took about 10 heavy bolts, LC+14 and hawk ring.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 am

I usually fight CD solo, but save Solaire for the Gwyn fight.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:41 pm

You don't really need Solaire do you? I killed him after getting the white soap stone from him. And the centipede demon isn't as hard as I thought - I killed him Sat night with my SL10 and a light crossbow! Took about 10 heavy bolts, LC+14 and hawk ring.

LC has the same range as typical bows (IE 50).  You're going to do full damage to most things you lock onto even w/o hawk, and as a result I'd suggest using leo instead to possibly get the counter damage, or just another ring that gives more benefit in this fight.

Hawk is more useful for, say, sniping enemies with the LC  from outside of aggro range (possible surprisingly often) with binoculars.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:00 am