Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
BIG TIME MASTER
RePaused
Zephryl
KingSeekerCow
Automancer
lonewolf
kaa0skrisse
Elite Knight
defacto
jaythibodeau
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Spurgun
EeAyEss
skarekrow13
Sloth9230
WaffleGuy
Hue
Reaperfan
Yukon
xSomax
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
steveswede
Ashran
barrywilkins
RANT
lalliman
LunarFog
Tolvo
32 posters

Boss Armors that Should have Been

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Boss Armors that Should have Been Empty Boss Armors that Should have Been

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Does anyone else ever get saddened by the missed opportunities From didn't put into the game in regards to Boss Armor? Ornstein, Artorias, Gwyn, sure all in good fun. But come on, there could have been so much more!

Imagine a Queelag chest piece, it would literally be a wig that hangs over the breasts of your character. On my fat male toons, I'd love such a piece. I'd practically look like Nathan Explosion! Or a Sif Head Piece, just Sif's skinned head on your own. You get that ragged hunter look, plus it would be very saddening to some players to see such a beloved character like that. Not to mention, nothing is quite like saving sif, or fighting artorias with that head piece.

Or how about a Capra/Taurus demon skin suit, want to make a character look as buff as can be? Large Upper Body, then a demon skin suit with bulging muscles. You could literally look like a pitch black hulk!

Seriously From, so many ideas that should have been!
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Boss Armors that Should have Been Empty Re: Boss Armors that Should have Been

Post by LunarFog Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 pm

A capra demon skull helm would look pretty freakin cool...

I always wanted Priscilla's fur coat though <3
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm

I would jizz in my pants if there was a capra demon helmet... twice.

Or armor made from the ribs/teeth of the gaping dragon.
    Or Nito's cloak. (wtf is Nito's cloak even?)
    That could have been so awesome D:

Dammit Lunarfog beat me with the capra demon comment :I
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

I want the blowdart guys armor damnit!!! Make it happen FROM!!!
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:42 pm

lalliman wrote:I would jizz in my pants if there was a capra demon helmet... twice.

Or armor made from the ribs/teeth of the gaping dragon.
    Or Nito's cloak. (wtf is Nito's cloak even?)
    That could have been so awesome D:

Dammit Lunarfog beat me with the capra demon comment :I

Well you know me. spreading misery and grief winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Blowdart armor, +1000 against magic, -1000 against everything else!

Survive the Dark Bead and nothing else!

Or how about a Seath set.

It would be great if it made your leg's look like they were just the lower half of your torso, so you just slid around like him.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Tolvo wrote:Or how about a Seath set.
    It would be great if it made your leg's look like they were just the lower half of your torso, so you just slid around like him.
    Could be like the dragon body stone, except it's an "imperfect dragon body stone". Gives you tentacle legs and libelle-like wings big grin
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Pinwheels cloth thingy. The black cleric set kinda looks like it, but not nearly enough.

Gwyeveres set. complete with amazing Boss Armors that Should have Been 4125110524

And I'd also really like a way to get Gwyn's beard.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:07 pm

barrywilkins wrote:Pinwheels cloth thingy. The black cleric set kinda looks like it, but not nearly enough.

Gwyeveres set. complete with amazing Boss Armors that Should have Been 4125110524

And I'd also really like a way to get Gwyn's beard.

THIS.

Btw, what about a Gaping dragon set?

Boss Armors that Should have Been KU5S2hG
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm

I imagined a while back that a Capra/Taurus skull would be amazing head gear to wear, I'm surprised From didn't do this considering the boar helm. I also thought about the blow dart guys dropping their gear like the necromancers that has very little defense but wearing all four pieces makes you immune to poison and toxic. Also titanite demon armour would look sick to wear.

Four kings armour would have been great if From finished the bloody thing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:22 pm

I would also have loved more boss based rings.

Or even, a patches ring. That would be amazing. It would be basically ****, but it would have weird effects like making you take poison damage ever second or become hollow regardless of state. Every time you take it off and put it on, it would have a different effect, with the description "Very recently patched."
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Moonlight Butterfly armor - the only armor that adequately protects the thorax! silly
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

that would be cool. or at least having a lot more items unique to the bosses themselves. i mean sure dragon weapons are cool, but i mean a weapon or piece of armor that bears a distinct resemblance to its dead counterpart.like a shield made out of gaping dragons spines. or even a sword made using one of them. on the same token as the seath thing, we could have had a "Chaos body stone" that turns your characters lower body into a giant spider(much smaller than quelaag and such). perhaps one for gwyndolins.... appendages. if they had put cloaks into the game, there could have been one using nito's mantle, skeletons woven in and all. i hate to admit it, but one made of prisilla's dress/fur(seriously what is that?) would be pretty cool looking. or a pair of fist weapons made of Sifs claws(for that matter, a sif armor set would be bad-*** looking). perhaps a pair of gauntlets shaped like the centipede demon? so many missed opportunities....
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Tolvo wrote:I would also have loved more boss based rings.

Or even, a patches ring. That would be amazing. It would be basically ****, but it would have weird effects like ....

I did you wrong but I didn't mean it. These... Temptations, they can, well, overcome me.... You know what I mean? Don't you?

Boss Armors that Should have Been 886f515455cad470
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:45 pm

LunarFog wrote:I always wanted Priscilla's fur coat though <3

I am now legitimately depressed that this isn't a real thing sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Patches, the meanest Cleric outside of Petrus.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Patches isn't a Cleric
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Seeing the summon little Sif in the fight against Manus makes me so sad there isn't also a Wolf Covenant with a Head stone and Body stone. Make it so you can only use weapons in one hand (mouth), I don't care. I would have flipped out so much :shock:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 pm

He very well could be, based upon his male Thorolund features, and him being able to sell you miracles. He may have been a cleric in the past, or simply just picked up a few tricks while dealing with them.

It's possible, not definite, but possible.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm

You want missed opportunities? Playing Demon Souls and realizing I will never look as bad *** as Alant or Penetrator makes me sad.

I hope they release Dark Souls armors/weapons as DLC for Dark Souls 2. I'm still mad that the Shaman/venerable sage sets didn't return.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:54 pm

steveswede wrote:I also thought about the blow dart guys dropping their gear like the necromancers that has very little defense but wearing all four pieces makes you immune to poison and toxic.
    Wouldn't make sense lorewise though. The blowdart snipers carry purple moss, why would they do that if they're immune to poison?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 pm

They harvest it so you can't have it
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

lalliman wrote:
    steveswede wrote:I also thought about the blow dart guys dropping their gear like the necromancers that has very little defense but wearing all four pieces makes you immune to poison and toxic.
    Wouldn't make sense lorewise though. The blowdart snipers carry purple moss, why would they do that if they're immune to poison?

It's was an idea to make the equipment have a special use. Also the poison could come from the antidote, The blow dart guys just concentrate it to make their darts toxic.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Ornstein's helmet sucks. It needs that long, red, glorious f*cking plume. And I wish every boss dropped a soul, and every boss soul had a use. Like in Demon's Souls. Special miracles, spells or pyromancy. Man.

Oh, and that comment about Penetrator's armor is brilliant. I want it so bad. ...OH! Ornstein is a reskin of the Penetrator. Kinda.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:54 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Or how about a Seath set.
    Could be like the dragon body stone, except it's an "imperfect dragon body stone". Gives you tentacle legs and libelle-like wings big grin

Needs to become a mod. Now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 am