Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
psychichobo
Argetlam350
Myztyrio
Z3r0Fear
The Letter X
Ashran
Oh_the_Humanity
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Odinbear
Animaaal
14 posters

More patch and DLC?

Poll

Do you think there will be a new patch and/ or DLC?

[ 4 ]
    More patch and DLC? I_vote_lcap11%More patch and DLC? I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 15 ]
    More patch and DLC? I_vote_lcap41%More patch and DLC? I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 15 ]
    More patch and DLC? I_vote_lcap41%More patch and DLC? I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 3 ]
    More patch and DLC? I_vote_lcap7%More patch and DLC? I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 37
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

More patch and DLC? Empty More patch and DLC?

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 am

So what do ya'll think???

I personally think there will be more DLC and at least 1 more patch. It would be an excellent marketing strategy. I believe the release of the new DLC will be 3 months before the release of Dark Souls 2. I have no inside knowledge, this is my own opinion.

The content material is already there. They released Dark Souls before all the intended in game content was finished. Why not bank on it?

If you think there will be new DLC...what will it be? The Shiva sidestory we've all heard about? Something to do with Astora? Maybe something unrelated altogether?

If you think there will be a new patch, would it be game changing or simply on update of some sort?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

More patch and DLC? Empty Re: More patch and DLC?

Post by Odinbear Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 am

I say, they are done with this one. All effort is being put into the DkS2.
    I also predict, that the DLC most are now playing is a glimpse into the level of game we can expect in the new release.N
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 am

I doubt there will be either a new patch or a new DLC but if there is a new DLC I can pretty much assure you right here that Shiva won't be the focus. That NPC is just not lore-rich enough to warrant a DLC in his name.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:16 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I doubt there will be either a new patch or a new DLC but if there is a new DLC I can pretty much assure you right here that Shiva won't be the focus. That NPC is just not lore-rich enough to warrant a DLC in his name.

They were going to incorporate Shiva more into the games lore but cut it out of the final game. All I know for fact is you were going to get betrayed by Shiva and have to invade his world. I remember seeing the description for the orb saying something like "Invade he world of Shiva the betrayer" or something along those lines. I wonder how he was planned to betray you? Maybe it had to do with the bonfire keeper in the depths thats already dead. Maybe that one was supposed to be alive? Interesting to say the least.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 am

I know that, but that could have been done just like Lautrec's side-quest is done. Hardly DLC worthy.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 am

Luckily, we will get a patch fixing the god damn black magic and maybe adding some easter eggs. But i dont think so.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I doubt there will be either a new patch or a new DLC but if there is a new DLC I can pretty much assure you right here that Shiva won't be the focus. That NPC is just not lore-rich enough to warrant a DLC in his name.

They were going to incorporate Shiva more into the games lore but cut it out of the final game. All I know for fact is you were going to get betrayed by Shiva and have to invade his world. I remember seeing the description for the orb saying something like "Invade he world of Shiva the betrayer" or something along those lines. I wonder how he was planned to betray you? Maybe it had to do with the bonfire keeper in the depths thats already dead. Maybe that one was supposed to be alive? Interesting to say the least.

I remember reading somewhere that it had to do with the Chaos Blade. He asked for it, and he attempted to kill you after a whIle if you gave it to him.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am

Thank you for your input peeps....you can only give thanks once a day?

10 votes and 80% of voters think we'll get something. Thats awesome. Its early though I know.

I spent a lot of time at that "other wiki" before I took a break and came here. The only responses I woulda got over there woulda been, "Bamco sucks" "There will never be anything again" "They'll find a way to shut down p2p" "You suck for liking this game DEOMNS SOULS IS BETTER" "NOOOOOOOOOOOB"...
    ...Its change a little bit since the PtDE release from what I've seen lurking, but still a bunch of "Ima pro attitudes".

Anyways....Thanks again for your input...elaborating on my 2 cents...

I really think there will be more DLC. The PTDE was a success, and we all know its easier to create DLC than another new game. If Dark Souls 2 is gonna be a ps4 release, they could run into all sorts of engineering problems. They'd have to delay release, announce release, delay it again, so on and so forth. Releasing DLC would be a great way to keep customer loyalty without releasing an unfinished product that causes problems and mutiny. Anyone remember the post release fiasco regarding summoning your friends? I think the advertisement was "gather your friends"...but they fixed it for the most part.

I do think there will be another patch, but only in regards to the DLC the will release. Kinda like the graphics glitch patch. I hope I'm wrong about that. I wish they'd finally release a "This is how to fix backstabs and this is how we'll create more balance" patch, but i think I'd be overly optomistic if I wished for such a thing. Things aren't that bad now. The only reason I have problems with some of the game mechanics is because of analysis and preference, not disappointment per say.

DLC ideas??? I'd love to know more about Astora. But what I'd really like to see is the forming of the Forest Clan and their tie to Sif. Whats the REAL story behind Alvina and Sif???? I know I know cats and dogs BUT STILL! lol
    Z3r0Fear

Post by Z3r0Fear Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm

I just came back didn't realize they had altered things in the game itself completely killing my current characters ability to survive. Today was going to New Londo to farm some titanite Slabs for myself and then was struggling with dragons at the start no idea why I was having trouble and then got past them then I fight dark knights and realize I'm not killing them in 1 shot anymore wondering what changed got frustrated and quit for the night and come on here to look at what changed and voila problem found the HP was increased on all enemies in the game essentially making it very difficult to do any farming what so ever because it just takes forever to kill everything.

You guys should review builds on the wiki that were made prior to the October patch that happened last year and warn people on them that the stats may need to be altered because of changes that happened in the game increasing the difficulty in killing enemies in the game.

I was using this build http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Faithwalker+Antious and quit playing the game for awhile come back and I am having so much trouble with certain enemies because of the HP increase that I am wondering if certain parts in the stats need to be altered. At this point I think I am forced to restart the game from scratch because of this huge patch change that happened. It's very discouraging knowing that the hours of work you put into your character can be undone with just a single patch.

If I would have known before with what the patch changes were bringing I would have beat the game first in offline mode with the old 1.05 patch.

EDIT: Derp maybe even an earlier patch then 1.05 but I don't remember the last patch I played on.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Z3r0Fear wrote:I just came back didn't realize they had altered things in the game itself completely killing my current characters ability to survive. Today was going to New Londo to farm some titanite Slabs for myself and then was struggling with dragons at the start no idea why I was having trouble and then got past them then I fight dark knights and realize I'm not killing them in 1 shot anymore wondering what changed got frustrated and quit for the night and come on here to look at what changed and voila problem found the HP was increased on all enemies in the game essentially making it very difficult to do any farming what so ever because it just takes forever to kill everything.

You guys should review builds on the wiki that were made prior to the October patch that happened last year and warn people on them that the stats may need to be altered because of changes that happened in the game increasing the difficulty in killing enemies in the game.

I was using this build http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Faithwalker+Antious and quit playing the game for awhile come back and I am having so much trouble with certain enemies because of the HP increase that I am wondering if certain parts in the stats need to be altered. At this point I think I am forced to restart the game from scratch because of this huge patch change that happened. It's very discouraging knowing that the hours of work you put into your character can be undone with just a single patch.

If I would have known before with what the patch changes were bringing I would have beat the game first in offline mode with the old 1.05 patch.

EDIT: Derp maybe even an earlier patch then 1.05 but I don't remember the last patch I played on.

Was it bottomless box glitch character? There have been NUMEROUS reports of people having severe problems with those toons since the last patch.
    Z3r0Fear

Post by Z3r0Fear Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Z3r0Fear wrote:I just came back didn't realize they had altered things in the game itself completely killing my current characters ability to survive. Today was going to New Londo to farm some titanite Slabs for myself and then was struggling with dragons at the start no idea why I was having trouble and then got past them then I fight dark knights and realize I'm not killing them in 1 shot anymore wondering what changed got frustrated and quit for the night and come on here to look at what changed and voila problem found the HP was increased on all enemies in the game essentially making it very difficult to do any farming what so ever because it just takes forever to kill everything.

Was it bottomless box glitch character? There have been NUMEROUS reports of people having severe problems with those toons since the last patch.

Uh whats bottomless box glitch? I don't know what you mean by it and if you could explain that would be awesome.

EDIT: No this is my very first character I ever made with the game. I just notice that I do far less damage then I used too with my +5 http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Black+Knight+Halberd I have 34 strength and 18 dexterity and it comes to 363 in-game but that just doesn't seem right at all because I feel like it used to be higher then that.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Z3r0Fear wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

Uh whats bottomless box glitch? I don't know what you mean by it and if you could explain that would be awesome.

EDIT: No this is my very first character I ever made with the game. I just notice that I do far less damage then I used too with my +5 http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Black+Knight+Halberd I have 34 strength and 18 dexterity and it comes to 363 in-game but that just doesn't seem right at all because I feel like it used to be higher then that.

That was glitch people used to duplicate items for new characters they were making....was the halbred given to you??? Maybe a bb glitched item??? Other than that I dont know man.

So....you think there will be more dlc?
    Z3r0Fear

Post by Z3r0Fear Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Z3r0Fear wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

That was glitch people used to duplicate items for new characters they were making....was the halbred given to you??? Maybe a bb glitched item??? Other than that I dont know man.

So....you think there will be more dlc?

No but I was given a lightning spear when I first reached the forest area after opening the door and put my sign down some guy summoned me and then dropped me a lightning spear and I watched him pvp a little bit and then I died when trying to pvp but this was so long ago if that screwed up my character the 50+ hours I put into it will surely piss me off.

I highly doubt there will be anymore DLC and if there is maybe it will finally unlock the elite cleric armor that is currently sitting in the games code.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:10 am

Well then bro idk man. I'm actually not sure if duped items would affect your character or not come to think of it. And seeing as how its a lightning spear...it prolly wasn't duped.

And ya, unveiling the elite cleric armor in some fashion would be cool.

Good luck with that though!
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 am

I think they'll continue to fix any minor bugs through patch. But I highly doubt they'll release any more DLC, as that was a one time deal sort of thing.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 am

Patches they'll probably release but mostly minor ones but the DLC was definitely only a one time thing. DLC wasn't even planned until the PC edition was announced so it's highly unlikely that more DLC will come which really I'm happy about. I'd rather have all their resources working on Dark Souls 2 rather then on DLC.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Argetlam350 wrote:Patches they'll probably release but mostly minor ones but the DLC was definitely only a one time thing. DLC wasn't even planned until the PC edition was announced so it's highly unlikely that more DLC will come which really I'm happy about. I'd rather have all their resources working on Dark Souls 2 rather then on DLC.

I'd agree with you if all their resources were actually going towards Dark Souls 2. However, FROM is working on plenty of other titles outside of the souls series.

It wouldn't take a lot of effort to make another dlc like PtDE. It really wasn't that big to begin with. It wouldn't take much to add say, a Astora sidequest, a fight with Shiva in the same way you fight Lautrec, or something of that nature.

But yeah man, if they'd have to deplete their manpower in a way that would hinder the development of Dark Souls 2, then I'd completely agree with you.

Thanks for your post happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Encouraging. 25 votes and only 36% think there will be absolutely nothing in the future. Good vibes man...good vibes...i'll :estus: to that.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

I actually thought it was a reasonably hefty chunk of DLC, to be honest. Compared to some junk you get for other games this one was rather nice.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 pm

psychichobo wrote:I actually thought it was a reasonably hefty chunk of DLC, to be honest. Compared to some junk you get for other games this one was rather nice.

I second that.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 pm

no and no. they should focus on dk2 and not waste time on dk imo.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 pm

RantFromRant wrote:no and no. they should focus on dk2 and not waste time on dk imo.

o poo sad
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Hmmm only 39% of people think that there will be nothing at all in the coming months, prerelease of the highly aniticipated Dark Souls 2.

Could this be the final verdict?

*Keep in mind, its what you think will happen, not what you want to happen...Rant! silly

Last edited by Animaaal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

*bump

***EDIT***

Damn, i think i just necro'd.

Sorry mods, I didn't look at the time stamp. I think a lock is what happens next? idk, but rules must be followed, sorry again.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm under the assumption that they've got most, if not all of their Souls Series team working on Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls is in a decent spot right now, and besides some minor tweaks to Dark Magic there's really not much that I see it would benefit from. There's no real need for them to patch it, much less create whole new content, when they could focus all their efforts on making Dark Souls 2 as good as possible on it's release. If they want to spend some time on it, I could see a patch happening (though I don't think it's necessary or likely), and I definitely don't see any more DLC happening.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Just to be sure, I voted No/No

Last edited by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm