Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LoreFF
Jodecho
Sentiel
WyrmHero
jimmyc0341
9 posters

Undead Burg Invading

jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Undead Burg Invading Empty Undead Burg Invading

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 am

Quick question guys. What level do you have to be at to invade a Level 1 or 2 character? I ask because I am new to DS(only been playing for a month) and i just started a new character because I didn't like how my 1st character's game was playing out. Anyways I started a level 1 character and as soon as I hit Undead Burg i was invaded by another player in full on Darkwraith armor,Power Hand(Don't know the correct name The punch that steals humanity),and numerous Pyromancy and magic spells, plus a weapon I couldn't recognize. He stood there and let me hit him for a minute then killed me in 3 seconds w/a riposte. His life bar was pretty big and even w/my battle axe i did like 10 dmg. I heard somewhere that you can't really invade lower level people if you're pretty high up in levels yourself but to me this guy seemed like he was at least 60 or more levels than me. Any info from you guys would be appreciated. just want to know if I have to run through these locations as undead since everytime I become human and try to kindle my bonfires I seem to get raped by an invader.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Undead Burg Invading Empty Re: Undead Burg Invading

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 am

Well that was a griefer at SL 10 maybe. Since the glitch is gone I could assume he worked his *** to kill 4 kings at such low levels. Now I believe they're playing fair, just suicide and go hollow everytime you kindle, or get coop.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 am

Cool Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know. I enjoy the game but being invaded at crucial times in my playthrough is starting to aggravate me. i just wanna finish the game or at least have a fighting chance at a low sl if I'm forced into PvP
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 am

jimmyc0341 wrote:I started a level 1 character and as soon as I hit Undead Burg i was invaded by another player in full on Darkwraith armor,Power Hand(Don't know the correct name The punch that steals humanity),and numerous Pyromancy and magic spells, plus a weapon I couldn't recognize. He stood there and let me hit him for a minute then killed me in 3 seconds w/a riposte. His life bar was pretty big and even w/my battle axe i did like 10 dmg.
    WyrmHero wrote:I believe they're playing fair

Undead Burg Invading 694
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 am

You feeling funny today eh Sentiel? I already spent my 2 votes of the day on you. lmao
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 am

WyrmHero wrote:You feeling funny today eh Sentiel? I already spent my 2 votes of the day on you. lmao
    I hope it will stay. I'm a pretty moody guy. sad

Really? Where was the other one?
    I wish I could track my upvotes and downvotes, to see where I got them. Not from who, but for what topic/reply etc.

Hmmm...
    I would ask Emergence about this, but his avatar is creepy.

Undead Burg Invading Oh%20god

Ahhh enough of the OP.

If you're getting invaded by griefer tw...itter fans, the best thing you can do is to summon help. Chances are your summon is prepared to deal with these as...ylum...ho...mies... Ehm! So you can leave them to your phantoms and just heal them if the need be.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 am

yea as its been said at SL 10 you can invade all the say down to a new player. this game is also more gear based than SL based. if you look around there are pleanty of people that completed the game @ SL 1, and their gear is just a boss as someone who is SL 120, with the exception of their weapon due to stat limitation. just make sure you get good at rolling, even a midroll can dodge if your good at the timing and upgrade your gear as soon as you can. if you can dodge your life doesnt matter and the stronger your weapons the quicker everything else dies. just keep at it a friend of mine just stared playing a during thanksgiving and hasent looked back since.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am

with a little luck and knowledge you can get a +5 fire weapons pretty early on. It helps defend against a lot invaders even in high level gear.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am

"the invading player may be 10% higher level (rounded UP), or any number of levels lower than the host. For example, you are level 20, you could be invaded by someone levels 1 to 23."

According to the above quote from the Wiki a lvl 1 cannot be invaded by a level 10. Are you sure about this?
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 am

I have some random sorcerer build that is SL7, all int just with the default soul arrows atm, and I've been using my firelink cracked reds just for giggles and some of the bullies you invade in the upper burg really are ridiculous and as fun as it would be for a while trolling newbies you really have to wonder where the enjoyment is for them in the long run...

This last guy was full havels, power within and some other crazy crap. How about heading over to the kiln if you think youre such a hotshot! I'm here to kill newbies 6 times before I get on with my build. What are you doing here with all this gear? Buzz off!

Hypocrite yep.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am

Well, CREOs have no upper limit, so you might've invaded some high SL guy waiting for PvP.
    It is Burg after all.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Those guys are the worst, like seriously. I'm Gravelording at sl 11 in the Parish/Burg, and even with fully upgraded gear for fire defense/40 humanity. Great Combustion leaves me with either an instant death, or so little health that it matters not. Even if I do manage to kill them with my +2 Gravelord Sword (can't get it past 3 without unlocking Anor Londo). They'll just invade again and run off into mobs, forcing me to spawn camp them if I want to get any Humanity/Eyes of Death.

Whats worse is when my target audience invades me. I feel like a god to them. Backstabs do hardly a 10th of my hp. And I actually feel bad enough for them that I'm willing to just let them black crystal out. Sl 1-15 pvp sounds fun in theory. But at those levels, surviving even an r1 from a fire/lightning weapon is a distant dream.

Pretty much, those guys suck, and I feel sorry for any newbies that run into them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

But that feel when you're SL 120-ish, hosting in Burg, waiting for invaders and then this low SL :dung: invades you.
    Undead Burg Invading T1EA3ixu1ED1ng5_zpse492d1eb
    This gonna be good.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm

I've been in most of the covs but as a darkwraith I love the feeling I get when I realise the person I've invaded has $hit gear and as you said I feel like a god to them chucking my voice carvings on the ground and knowing that they most likely haven't even SEEN the gear I have let alone being able to weild it... But having a build dedicated to ruining the best game ever made for these people seems a tad overkill. Taking humanity off an average gamer who realistically is going to need it for gargoyles basically is hurting us as well.

I find even at the moment on my level 98 darkwraith I still run into plenty of players who have no idea IN THE KILN.

Edit - ^ That pic made me laugh really loud and it's almost 3AM here, sorry neighbours!
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 pm

i know what the info said about invading but some of the people ive been invaded by, even at minimum stats had to be between lvl 7 and 10 to use the gear / spells. i was helping a friend the other night w/ gargoyles on his SL 1 on NG + and we were invaded by someone using dark bead / manus catlyst. starting as a sorcer (highest base int) and starting SL 3 you need 1 int to use DB and 5 STR to use Manus from your base character, putting you @ SL 9. sure its entirely possible it was a hacked character but as long as ive been pvping on here ive only ever ran into 2 characters i was sure were hacking and 1 or 2 that could have been attributed to lag. this is on xbox btw.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:"the invading player may be 10% higher level (rounded UP), or any number of levels lower than the host. For example, you are level 20, you could be invaded by someone levels 1 to 23."

According to the above quote from the Wiki a lvl 1 cannot be invaded by a level 10. Are you sure about this?

Pretty sure it's 10+10% so sl 1 could get invaded by an 11, maybe that's just co-op though.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm

According to the Wiki, lvl +10+10% is for co-op.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Well I don't mind being invaded but I just want a shot to compete or at least be somewhat competitive but going up against invaders who just completely destroy w/armor,weapons,and magic I haven't even seen yet is pretty annoying but it is what it is I guess and i'll have to go through alot of the game as Hollow or until i get decent equipment first. I know you can get the Scythe in Catacombs and fire enchant it as soon as you get dropped at Firelink but I know I'll get tooled on by those **** skeletons LOL. Oh well thanks guys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 am