Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Hylian
djgq42
BLA1NE
strangejoy
befowler
callipygias
10 posters

Red Sign Soapstone

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Red Sign Soapstone Empty Red Sign Soapstone

Post by callipygias Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

After countless hours of PvE and co-op I'm thinking of trying a little PvP, but I don't like the idea of invading people who don't want to be invaded---like maybe they're human because they're doing a boss-run or stoking bonfires or something.

It occurs to me I've never once seen a sign from the RSS, though (assuming it'd be red, of course). Do people use it? Is it slower than invading? Are the fights more duel-ish on average or is it pretty much the same as with other types of invasions?
    befowler
    befowler

Red Sign Soapstone Empty Re: Red Sign Soapstone

Post by befowler Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:22 pm

I've seen RSS signs several times right near the burg bonfire. Bright red. Not sure if it was for low level duels, or just for a hapless newbie that thought it was a regular summoning sign lol.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 pm

callipygias wrote:After countless hours of PvE and co-op I'm thinking of trying a little PvP, but I don't like the idea of invading people who don't want to be invaded---like maybe they're human because they're doing a boss-run or stoking bonfires or something.

It occurs to me I've never once seen a sign from the RSS, though (assuming it'd be red, of course). Do people use it? Is it slower than invading? Are the fights more duel-ish on average or is it pretty much the same as with other types of invasions?

Yes, people use it. It's slower than invading, but not necessarily that much slower if you're in the right place. I know of five hotspots for the RSS:

(1) The landing to the right of the bonfire in the upper undead burg. I've summoned a few reds there, and I've been successfully summoned there too. The makeshift "arena" is a little small for my taste.

(2) The kiln is also a possiblity, but you're likely to get summoned by a team of gankers.

(3) The arena-like area in the painted world. I've summoned a few reds here. Unfortunately, gankers are starting to overrun this area too.

(4) The arena-like area behind the lower bonfire in blighttown. It's popular here among our fight-clubbers, but it seems a little small to me.

(5) Possibly sif's room. I've been summoned here for tournament-style combat, but I'm not sure if this was a one-time thing (I invaded first, noticed the tournement, then laid down my red soap stone). It has a great atmosphere, but I would imagine that it's constantly interupted by random invaders.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 pm

befowler wrote:I've seen RSS signs several times right near the burg bonfire. Bright red. Not sure if it was for low level duels, or just for a hapless newbie that thought it was a regular summoning sign lol.

It's a popular dueling area. As far as I can tell, the participants are around SL100-SL120. Bear in mind that the burg is optional, so a lot of people keep it open late game.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Red Sign will definitely take a lot longer to PvP than invading. Someone has to accept your duel with the sign, so depending where you place it, you probably won't get many people who are inclined to duel. When I invade I can do it back-to-back with only a few seconds wait in-between each invasion. When I lay down my sign, I have to wait several minutes--if I'm lucky and get summoned at all...

Just invade them! It's part of the game just as much as co-op is. Dark Souls is supposed to be hard. Summoning people makes it a cakewalk because phantoms will crush the level for the host. So you, as an invader, are supposed to restore balance. It's only natural!
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:52 pm

what are the level ranges for the red summoning stone?
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

The level ranges are determined by the area.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Online#Online%20Play-Cooperative%20play
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

It follows the same 10-15% rule that white does, but with no upper limit in addition.
    Dazuke
    Dazuke

Post by Dazuke Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm

i always put the red sign at the forest and summon me in 1 to 3 mins and always is 1vs1 with bow
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:44 am

all I can say is ive never been red sign-summoned to kiln for a 1v1
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 am

I never have time to summon a Red Sign in the Kiln! I'd always try, but I'd get invaded before I can even get to the sign.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 am

strangejoy wrote:
    callipygias wrote:After countless hours of PvE and co-op I'm thinking of trying a little PvP, but I don't like the idea of invading people who don't want to be invaded---like maybe they're human because they're doing a boss-run or stoking bonfires or something.

Yes, people use it. It's slower than invading, but not necessarily that much slower if you're in the right place. I know of five hotspots for the RSS:

(1) The landing to the right of the bonfire in the upper undead burg. I've summoned a few reds there, and I've been successfully summoned there too. The makeshift "arena" is a little small for my taste.

(2) The kiln is also a possiblity, but you're likely to get summoned by a team of gankers.

(3) The arena-like area in the painted world. I've summoned a few reds here. Unfortunately, gankers are starting to overrun this area too.

(4) The arena-like area behind the lower bonfire in blighttown. It's popular here among our fight-clubbers, but it seems a little small to me.

(5) Possibly sif's room. I've been summoned here for tournament-style combat, but I'm not sure if this was a one-time thing (I invaded first, noticed the tournement, then laid down my red soap stone). It has a great atmosphere, but I would imagine that it's constantly interupted by random invaders.

Sif's room? Isn't he the area boss? How can you see signs after defeating him?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 am