Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
User1
WyrmHero
ChizFreak
7 posters

Need some input on this build please

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Need some input on this build please - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some input on this build please

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Don't talk about spears in another game when this is DkS. Spear users are mobile and cannot be hit save by bows and xbows if they use the longer weapons in their class. DkS is not a balanced game, and nor is life. A spear user has a massive advantage in real life as well, if you know anything about medieval combat.

You bought the game, no one's telling you that you can't do anything, but like deadangling WoG or buffing a rapier with DMB, it shows a poor attitude to bring these things to an event that's being held for the sake of fun and laid back dueling. If we all cared about using the best stuff and getting the easiest wins we'd all be using the SKS and this event would get really boring really fast. Most people, though, feel like using a spear is a cheap win and have some consideration toward how unfun it is for the opponent to fight against one. If it gives you a sense of satisfaction, go ahead, like I said no one will stop you.

There is nothing wrong with buffing a rapier with DMB. Is just seems to me that you just don't care about the others, you don't like to fight against it and are mad because you think it's easy to win with it, therefore shouldn't be used because it's unfun for you to fight spear users. That's simply dumb. And you can't compare a bug like deadanling WoG to just simply USE A CERTAIN WEAPON.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Need some input on this build please - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some input on this build please

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Don't talk about spears in another game when this is DkS. Spear users are mobile and cannot be hit save by bows and xbows if they use the longer weapons in their class. DkS is not a balanced game, and nor is life. A spear user has a massive advantage in real life as well, if you know anything about medieval combat.

You bought the game, no one's telling you that you can't do anything, but like deadangling WoG or buffing a rapier with DMB, it shows a poor attitude to bring these things to an event that's being held for the sake of fun and laid back dueling. If we all cared about using the best stuff and getting the easiest wins we'd all be using the SKS and this event would get really boring really fast. Most people, though, feel like using a spear is a cheap win and have some consideration toward how unfun it is for the opponent to fight against one. If it gives you a sense of satisfaction, go ahead, like I said no one will stop you.

There is nothing wrong with buffing a rapier with DMB. Is just seems to me that you just don't care about the others, you don't like to fight against it and are mad because you think it's easy to win with it, therefore shouldn't be used because it's unfun for you to fight spear users. That's simply dumb. And you can't compare a bug like deadanling WoG to just simply USE A CERTAIN WEAPON.
    I never said buffing a rapier with DMB was wrong, or that any of those tactics above was an easy win save for the spear, so don't put words in my mouth when they're right there in the quote above. I'm saying they don't make for fun duels, which is obviously not objective fact but a general consensus that I'm sure most people would agree do not belong in fights for fun. You refused to accept my argument that they were objectively overpowered, so now I'm claiming that most people find them very unfun to duel against.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 am