Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
RANT
meridam99
Carphil
CrackSouls
Emergence
TonyDamajer
Yesuurd
reim0027
Toastfacekillah
Domhnall
masterofcheese
Scudman_Slayer
Maneater_Mildred
bloodpixel
BARZOHD-
goober0331
20 posters

Lag ruins MP

Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Lag ruins MP - Page 2 Empty Re: Lag ruins MP

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 am

@ yesuurd, lol i had forgotten that story. But you handled yourself in a much better manner after i posted and now i respect you for that and being a good part of the family here.

Yes i can be abit blunt at times. I feel the OP came in here mad(he said in 1st post that he only made an account to cry about lag) he wasnt here to talk about stuff, just cry and be angry. he didnt like when ppl didnt agree with him.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 am

I have to agree that lag is really outrageous in this game.

I dont know how that network stuff works and i dont have any solution, but Dark souls suffers more under lag then other games, hell even Tekken 6 works better online, and online tekken 6 isnt even considered tekken 6 becouse its so off (like a quarter second). Other games like Call of Duty work fine too, even if you have to be precise there, I rarely hear complains about it.

In dark souls you get freaking 50feet backwardsporting backstabs, facial backstabs, running attacks sometimes hitting 5times further then the blade reaches and hitting someone 1second before he rolls and seeing him flipping away while beeing covered in flame and taking no dmg.

Again: I dont know what From could possibly do, but I hate the lag more than anything -
    I hate it more the getting killed after invading into a TWoP with 3 guys wielding greataxes/zweihanders surrounding me and i hate it more then the guy who just invaded my lvl 10 character and killed him in 2 secs with his firesurge thanks to his ascended pyro glove
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:25 am

I have never seen lag like that^ and i live at the bottom of the world 99% of my fights are with ppl on the other side of the world. Bf3 and cod both have = amounts of lag as dark souls for me.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:36 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:I have never seen lag like that^ and i live at the bottom of the world 99% of my fights are with ppl on the other side of the world. Bf3 and cod both have = amounts of lag as dark souls for me.
    I was abit overexaggerating with the 50feet backstab, but although i hope you never experienced the kind of lags I listed, Im sure you have felt a similar situation
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:OI Oi Oi lets not start a hate discussion or this thread will be locked!

keep it peaceful keep your insults to yourself don't go insulting everyone

mildred is a part of our community so if you insult her you're insulting everyone of us bud WE STAND UNITED!

None of this stuff please. I know that the regulars are supportive of each other but if you want to debate please make it a point/counterpoint. Please don't pile on and take an exclusionary attitude towards new members.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:58 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:I have never seen lag like that^ and i live at the bottom of the world 99% of my fights are with ppl on the other side of the world.

Me too. If its there, its only slight, and you can adjust your playstyle as soon as you get hit by the first 'out of range' swipe. Lag will always be a factor until everyone in the world has fantastically consistent internet and every game suffers from it to some extent. You just have to deal with it.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:07 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:@ yesuurd, lol i had forgotten that story. But you handled yourself in a much better manner after i posted and now i respect you for that and being a good part of the family here.

Yes i can be abit blunt at times. I feel the OP came in here mad(he said in 1st post that he only made an account to cry about lag) he wasnt here to talk about stuff, just cry and be angry. he didnt like when ppl didnt agree with him.

Thanks Mildred, yeah that's a good point we should try to have meaning behind our posts mostly also.

When you say the bottom of the world where is that exactly I live in the caribbean, Santo Domingo to be exact our conection sux here and I am able to pvp fairly well usually.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 am

New zealand, our internet dates back to the dark ages. Lag might make me lose 5% of fights, but im sure it also helps me win 5% of my fights... Other 90% are golden.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:39 am

Lag has to do with YOUR internet connection. I'm sure if you were playing in Tokyo (and all their quality bandwidth) against another person in Tokyo, there would be a split second lag. Unfortunately, it's kind of hard to pull that off with an international game.

And that goes for EVERY GAME. At least lag in this isn't as super-crucial as it is in some genres. I get so pissed when playing FPS, 'cause I can shoot a guy for a minute but on his screen I never fired a shot...
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:56 pm

well im not making up the lags i experience
    good for you if you dont have this much lag,
    but sometimes my enemies dont even move - they do lag-flashsteps... now THAT is the scariest thing for me in pvp x)

.. oh yeah its kinda hard to adjust to situations like that in DkS, becouse this is not the game where you can get hit 2 times in such an unfamiliar situation and figure it out, becouse youre dead that by that time
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Lag depends where is the host

If you're the host in japan, and I invade you from Brazil, you will parry me while I'm rolling.

If I'm the host in Brazil, and you're the invader in Japan, its almost impossible for me to parry, since in my screen you will be much faster, like teleporting, and for you will be even worse (In this case, they aways wins stunlocking me lol)

Anyway if I invade someone in USA, it won't be so lag. So depends on place.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    BARZOHD- wrote:I think it's his attitude thats causing lag lol

like nothing was said...sigh

What?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Did the original poster leave???

I was going to say if there are lag issue, and he has stated that he is techinically capable, I am assuming he has checked his Router. If he is having really bad issues, he can put his PS3 in the router's DMZ, and if he is still having horrible issues with lag...new router or possible cable or provider issues.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 pm

BARZOHD- wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:
    BARZOHD- wrote:I think it's his attitude thats causing lag lol

like nothing was said...sigh

What?

I laughed at your comment, but I was saying don't feed the fire.... winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm

people would stop complaining about lag if they played call of duty, now that's lag, it actually made me quit playing call of duty and the fact it started sucking helped too.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Just like when you shoot the guy and he kills you with the knife attack, when you see his point of view, in his screen, you did not shot.

Same for lagstabs
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm

If you understand what lag is you'd realize that developers have absolutely no control over it.

Lag is a product of bandwidth and physical distance between players. To improve lag you can try to get more bandwidth if possible or change your router settings to allow for dedicated bandwidth to your console.

The only possible thing From could do is control matchmaking so the players are physically closer to each other, but this would be at the expense of less summons and less invasions, two critical aspects of the multiplayer.

Complaining about lag to a developer is like trying to ask your car dealer what he can do to make your drive to work faster.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 pm

aceluby wrote:If you understand what lag is you'd realize that developers have absolutely no control over it.

Lag is a product of bandwidth and physical distance between players. To improve lag you can try to get more bandwidth if possible or change your router settings to allow for dedicated bandwidth to your console.

The only possible thing From could do is control matchmaking so the players are physically closer to each other, but this would be at the expense of less summons and less invasions, two critical aspects of the multiplayer.

Complaining about lag to a developer is like trying to ask your car dealer what he can do to make your drive to work faster.

This big grin
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:55 pm

I have a couple of things to add,
    1) OP is long gone. I was going to call troll but it looks like they were run off.
    2) Mildred never scared me.
    3) This topic keeps pushing the NPC Free-For-All down on the list, which brings me to point number one.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 pm

theGentleman wrote:I have a couple of things to add,
    1) OP is long gone. I was going to call troll but it looks like they were run off.
    2) Mildred never scared me.
    3) This topic keeps pushing the NPC Free-For-All down on the list, which brings me to point number one.

Must try harder.....
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:13 pm

the first thread that actually sort of scared me....sad

wonder how online will be handeled in the next souls game... as i don't see a miraculous patch coming anytime soon.

and when is that supposed dlc supposed to come out maybe it'll be an online upgrade instead....
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:the first thread that actually sort of scared me....sad

wonder how online will be handeled in the next souls game... as i don't see a miraculous patch coming anytime soon.

and when is that supposed dlc supposed to come out maybe it'll be an online upgrade instead....

What scared you?

I think online will be handled the same, though I'd be surprised if they kept the game region free.

I doubt there will be DLC for this game. Maybe an update, but DLC is highly unlikely.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Ok, please hear me out...

It think it was pretty obvious that the OP was making this thread to let out his frustrations (hope this is a proper sentence :oops: ). So you could assume he was angry already and searched for a way to "share" his frustration about the (pretty ridiculous) lag the game has sometimes. I think we all can understand this feeling that lagstabs and so on can give you, no? Replying to him with something like "Lol the world isn't perfect man" or anything else that basically says: "and wth do you want us/From to do about this huh???" ... is not really a gentle way to welcome a new forum member in my oppinion.

Why don't you just post something that says: "We understand you and agree with you that lag can be very frustrating sometimes, but there is really nothing that can be done about it now......." for example! You know, something more nice, that is there to cheer him up a bit. I think some of the members here are starting to act like real douches imo, their posts seem to only have the purpose to make someone look more stupid than them.

Just had to get that out of my head. I'm not good in formulating english sentences... I don't even know if I'm using the right words sometimes and I apologize, but please think about what I'm trying to say alright? Thanks.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:44 pm

I hear what you're saying. And, under normal circumstances, I would agree. But, his first sentence set the whole tone of his post. He made an account just to complain. That's where I took issue. He might have been better received if he had left that first sentence out.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:47 pm

@aceluby
    i don't deal well with angry people 😢 hence why this thread was kinda scary being full of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:39 am