Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
kazumoshi
Ghadis_God
RANT
Rifter7
8 posters

what can i use to attack on their wakeup?

Poll

this thread is legitimate because of a poll.

[ 1 ]
    what can i use to attack on their wakeup? I_vote_lcap10%what can i use to attack on their wakeup? I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 5 ]
    what can i use to attack on their wakeup? I_vote_lcap50%what can i use to attack on their wakeup? I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 4 ]
    what can i use to attack on their wakeup? I_vote_lcap40%what can i use to attack on their wakeup? I_vote_rcap [40%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what can i use to attack on their wakeup? Empty what can i use to attack on their wakeup?

Post by Rifter7 Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 am

hey.

i've got
    falchion/gold tracer
    halberd
    chaos blade/washing pole
    claymore
    demon's spear

.. a comp bow too.

what are my best options for wakeup- short of a chain backstab.
    the curved swords r1 spam seems like the best option, followed up by the halberds r2.. but the halberd leaves me kind of exposed.

thoughts?

in regular duels i can also use a force which solves a lot of problems... but i don't use it in the arena.
    i don't want to have a dragon body.

Last edited by Rifter7 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

what can i use to attack on their wakeup? Empty Re: what can i use to attack on their wakeup?

Post by RANT Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 am

halberd but not too close, i good player will wake up parry your ***. curved swords will work too since unlocked are tricky to parry.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what can i use to attack on their wakeup? Empty Re: what can i use to attack on their wakeup?

Post by Rifter7 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:08 am

i try to read the opponent on wakeup to aim the halberd r2, but man one of these days someones just gonna go
    "NOPE NOOB."
    and wakeup roll bs me. i can feel it man.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:13 am

^I've done that to people, you just need the sack to roll at their attack and risk having timed it wrong and getting smacked. I don't play the wakeup game for the most part because it's more dangerous for me against a good player.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 am

you could always kick+r1.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 am

Murakumo/Server 1H R2
    Gold Tracer and PGS R2s
    Large club 1h R2
    If use spells like dark bead or the combustions while standing at their head and not their feet, you have a much higher chance of catching them with it.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:19 am

hmm.. is there enough time for a kick to halberd 1h r1 or 2h r1? i'm a little green with this thing..

i mean i've caught people with the kick and r1's, but they wouldnt be expecting it as much as on their wakeup so im not sure..
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:37 am

im not sure if ive actually pulled off a kick+r1 but i kick then catch them as they try to roll away because of the rediculous phantom reach the halberd has.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:52 am

yeah. it's 1h r1 also hits twice or three times (not actually hitting three times, but when you hit something if the weapon doesn't actually deal damage it'll keep striking), so it's much more likely to peg them out of a roll.

similar to katanas.

getting them out of a kick with that seems very likely.. unless i miss the kick and get wakeup bs'd.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 am

Moonlight Greatsword has an incredible wakeup game, and the Shotel r2 can help against people who block wakeup attacks. Depending on your Dexterity, kick into Great Combustion works well enough, just remember to do unlock Combustion in case they dodge the kick. Fire Surge can be a reliable, but little damaging, wakeup method too.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:22 am

RantFromRant wrote:im not sure if ive actually pulled off a kick+r1 but i kick then catch them as they try to roll away because of the rediculous phantom reach the halberd has.

Halberd R1 or R2? The 2hR1s don't have any notable phantom reach from my experience.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 am

I'd take Halberd. Good BS damage for chains, and that R2 wake-up is *** scary.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:53 pm

I chose yes number two, because that totally makes a negative. silly
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 pm

yeah the r2 is hacks when it hits on wakeup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:57 am