Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Onion Conspiracy Theory

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The Onion Conspiracy Theory Empty The Onion Conspiracy Theory

Post by Samurainova Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:15 am

This post has been moved to general discussion.

Last edited by Samurainova on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

The Onion Conspiracy Theory Empty Re: The Onion Conspiracy Theory

Post by Shkar Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:36 am

1. Sieglinde is a long enough name that it is likely that a nickname would be taken. People tend to like their names to be one syllable long.

2. True

3. I think the "yes" or "no" answers were simply so what EXACTLY the characters said was up to our interpretation. I believe there are a few other instances where the dialogue makes it seem like we said more than one word.

4 and 5. It's highly possible that Siegmeyer went undead and left Catarina, but his wife and daughter were still alive. They don't meet up until the end, so it's possible that Siegmeyer had given up hope of seeing his family again, and doesn't want to bring back painful memories by talking about them.

6. An effective weapon in game doesn't mean it would be lorewise. Those clams have thick, hard shells; a greatsword would not be a very effective weapon. As for the burial, that may have fallen out of practice with undead, since they would either be trapped or just claw their way out.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 am

Presumabley both Siegmeyer and Sieglinde would have made their way out of the asylum.
    I think we are confusing what happened in Siegmeyers life before he went undead.

Maybe when he was first branded with the dark sign in Catarina, Sieglinde was forced to kill him then. Maybe he attacked his family.

I always imagined that sieglinde went undead and travelled to lordran to tell her father his wifes dieing words which were "i forgive you"
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 am

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:Presumabley both Siegmeyer and Sieglinde would have made their way out of the asylum.
    I think we are confusing what happened in Siegmeyers life before he went undead.

Maybe when he was first branded with the dark sign in Catarina, Sieglinde was forced to kill him then. Maybe he attacked his family.

I always imagined that sieglinde went undead and travelled to lordran to tell her father his wifes dieing words which were "i forgive you"

Oh HOH! But here is some interesting fact for you. SIEGLIINDE IS NOt UNDEAD! Why you might ask? Assuming that she said she was going back to catarina like she said, that swould mean that she couldn't be. Siegmeyer was banished from catarina for possessing the dark sign, a sign of the undead. So sieglinde had to have come from catarina to find siegmeyer, meaning that was not undead. Also, if you speak to the undead merchant male and female, they state that indeed, the undead is capable of travelling in and out of lordran, AS WELL as vise versa. So that points very strongly sieglinde being alive. I'm not sure if it will help, but watch EpicNameBros vd on siegmeyer, its here in the archives somewhere
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 am

Shkar wrote:1. Sieglinde is a long enough name that it is likely that a nickname would be taken. People tend to like their names to be one syllable long.

2. True

3. I think the "yes" or "no" answers were simply so what EXACTLY the characters said was up to our interpretation. I believe there are a few other instances where the dialogue makes it seem like we said more than one word.

4 and 5. It's highly possible that Siegmeyer went undead and left Catarina, but his wife and daughter were still alive. They don't meet up until the end, so it's possible that Siegmeyer had given up hope of seeing his family again, and doesn't want to bring back painful memories by talking about them.

6. An effective weapon in game doesn't mean it would be lorewise. Those clams have thick, hard shells; a greatsword would not be a very effective weapon. As for the burial, that may have fallen out of practice with undead, since they would either be trapped or just claw their way out.

Here's my problem with your reasoning on four and five. You say it is highly likey that he had a family. Yet nothing ACTUALLY straight up says, siegmeyer has a wife or daughter. Then only thing actually coming from siggy even resembling his daughter is his dying words, as well as the same for sieglinde having a father. Another interesting fact, Sieglinde cries out to her father in death, BUT even after Siegmeyer is dead, she still cries out to him....Anyone who has killed npcs in different situations knows that dialogue CAN change in different story points. So why would she cry out to her dead father? Maybe because her real father, ISN'T dead! Hmmmmm mmmmm hmmmmm.....
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 am

Maybe siegmeyer isn't undead either ? We know he loves the adventure..
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Shkar wrote:1. Sieglinde is a long enough name that it is likely that a nickname would be taken. People tend to like their names to be one syllable long.

2. True

Here's my problem with your reasoning on four and five. You say it is highly likey that he had a family. Yet nothing ACTUALLY straight up says, siegmeyer has a wife or daughter. Then only thing actually coming from siggy even resembling his daughter is his dying words, as well as the same for sieglinde having a father. Another interesting fact, Sieglinde cries out to her father in death, BUT even after Siegmeyer is dead, she still cries out to him....Anyone who has killed npcs in different situations knows that dialogue CAN change in different story points. So why would she cry out to her dead father? Maybe because her real father, ISN'T dead! Hmmmmm mmmmm hmmmmm.....

She doesn't stay in the game for more than a few hours (probably) before she leaves for Catarina; She literally leaves once you talk to her. Is it really so hard to think that someone might have their father on their mind after they JUST found him dead/killed him?

And really, Siegmeyer's last words are enough of a hint that he once knew her. That Sieglinde's last words are around the same topic helps strengthen that connection.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:27 pm